• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Could you guys imagine Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen or Robert Woods lined up across Hollywood for Lamar

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Weird question but during try outs/work outs, are we allowed to line hump or jimmy smith up against dez bryant lol..

in any other year they might want to see them tryout against the actual roster guys but this year with the bubbling it's very telling that his workout is scheduled on an offday for the rest of the roster

especially as there's more than 1 guy trying out too

Simba

Staff Member
Sounds like Dez is leaving Baltimore without a deal immediately. Gotta think if he was impressive, they would have just signed him. If they want to revisit, he'd have to go through the covid testing process again and it's hard to justify that with only a little over 3 weeks until week 1.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Dez is leaving Baltimore without a deal immediately. Gotta think if he was impressive, they would have just signed him. If they want to revisit, he'd have to go through the covid testing process again and it's hard to justify that with only a little over 3 weeks until week 1.
Yea we’re good. I’d rather trade a pick for a vet with good hands or wait and see if anyone gets cut

Simba

Staff Member
Yea we’re good. I’d rather trade a pick for a vet with good hands or wait and see if anyone gets cut

I'm not even super worried about adding someone else and I'm doubting they are either. More due diligence than anything. You've got 5 locks and if you keep a 6th, it's going to be a ST guy... like Chris Moore.

Only way I'd concern myself with adding someone else is if 1 of the top 4 gets hurt. Otherwise, hard to believe anything better will be available. Let the young guys roll.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm not even super worried about adding someone else and I'm doubting they are either. More due diligence than anything. You've got 5 locks and if you keep a 6th, it's going to be a ST guy... like Chris Moore.

Only way I'd concern myself with adding someone else is if 1 of the top 4 gets hurt. Otherwise, hard to believe anything better will be available. Let the young guys roll.
My only concern is the lack of a dependable 3rd TE that can fill that Hurst role unless Lamar absolutely wants to attack the sidelines more. I still trust Boykin, and Duv should see the field immediately. I just hope Boykin steps up

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My only concern is the lack of a dependable 3rd TE that can fill that Hurst role unless Lamar absolutely wants to attack the sidelines more. I still trust Boykin, and Duv should see the field immediately. I just hope Boykin steps up

i think the reason they were comfortable letting hurst go is that they figure the offence needs to evolve and the WRs need to take on a bigger role and that probably means winning outside the numbers (but also just getting WR wins in general lol)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Tried to check his social media accounts for hints. For a guy who’s usually active, it’s been ghost today. He might have checked out of holiday inn and into heartbreak hotel.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Tried to check his social media accounts for hints. For a guy who’s usually active, it’s been ghost today. He might have checked out of holiday inn and into heartbreak hotel.
Why is he so paranoid?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He had an offer on the table with the money he was gonna go for, we weren’t an attractive enough team for him, he had his chance.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Apparently we have interest in Ziggy Ansah. I'd take him on a 1 year cheap deal

Simba

Staff Member
New tryout guys. Leggett is interesting - talent but hasn't really shown it in the NFL. Looks like the other WRs are ST/returner types, hence the P to go along with them.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
New tryout guys. Leggett is interesting - talent but hasn't really shown it in the NFL. Looks like the other WRs are ST/returner types, hence the P to go along with them.

i vaguely remember liking leggett as a day 3 guy in that draft class but 3 years later is a long time to not fulfil the promise you had as a prospect

in hindsight he was probably a product of the system and the qb he had (deshaun watson) because he wasn't the wiggliest or nuanced of route runners nor was he overly athletic and had notably spotty production outside of a few big moments

probably got a boost because in 2017 evaluators still valued in-line experience as vaguely important vs other things

Simba

Staff Member
i vaguely remember liking leggett as a day 3 guy in that draft class but 3 years later is a long time to not fulfil the promise you had as a prospect

in hindsight he was probably a product of the system and the qb he had (deshaun watson) because he wasn't the wiggliest or nuanced of route runners nor was he overly athletic and had notably spotty production outside of a few big moments

probably got a boost because in 2017 evaluators still valued in-line experience as vaguely important vs other things

Yeah no expectations of Leggett at this point. Thought he could be a solid TE2 back in his draft year but that obviously hasn't happened. Would imagine that if he does well, he'll get signed just to take some reps at the very least.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Tony Pauline believes we’re the favorites to land Clowney but I’m not sure how it would work out financially but in EDC I truzz

Simba

Staff Member
Tony Pauline believes we’re the favorites to land Clowney but I’m not sure how it would work out financially but in EDC I truzz

Yeah I'm not buying it. Seems speculative at best. Clowney's number would have to come down a whole bunch... which if he wants to play, is going to be reality though. Just not seeing it here but would be happy to be proven wrong. If he is willing to take a cheaper 1 year deal to rehab his value and try again next year, Baltimore does make sense. Not many places where he'll get the freedom that Wink allows, which could really help pump up the sack numbers.