• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
FYI, Tony Pauline's latest "report" regarding Clowney.

Most league insiders I’ve spoken with, including a great source who I called just before typing this out, still believe Clowney ends up with the Ravens, as I suggested last week. It checks off a lot of boxes for both sides. That said, I have no direct knowledge of the two sides talking.

So yeah... pure conjecture with no merit.
I mean, the belief has to come from somewhere, especially if he’s “spoken” to NFL personnel. Whatever. I’ll believe it when I see it. Not getting my hopes up

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Charles Robinson said this morning that he expects Clowney to sign within the next 48 hours, and it’s presumably down to the Seahawks and Titans. We’ll see what happens.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Inject this into my veins!!!!

AC64FC2B-4790-4761-A7B9-82BAF4D0864E.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He’s gonna sign with the titans. Clowney is playing hardball and poker like a mf, The saints report is bs And he’s trying to drive up the Titans price

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He’s gonna sign with the titans. Clowney is playing hardball and poker like a mf, The saints report is bs And he’s trying to drive up the Titans price
Why would he sign there when he can sign here if we offer enough

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would he sign there when he can sign here if we offer enough

Titans have to most cap space out of us 3.

If he uses us and the saints as a negotiations tool, I hope he takes titans for all their cap.

If he’s down for another 1 year prove it deal, ravens is the best team to go to. He would feast with Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams and judon. 1on1 matchups all day.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Titans have to most cap space out of us 3.

If he uses us and the saints as a negotiations tool, I hope he takes titans for all their cap.

If he’s down for another 1 year prove it deal, ravens is the best team to go to. He would feast with Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams and judon. 1on1 matchups all day.
Well I hope he has fun losing. Tannehill won’t have as much success and Henry has a lot of tread on this tires. Just come to Baltimore big dog and get those numbers up to secure the bag next offseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Guys, the ravens are literally not even in the mix lol. We don’t have nearly enough cap space for a one year prove it deal, we don’t even have enough cap space to realistically make it a 2 year deal which he wouldn’t even want, and we aren’t even mentioned in the rumors.

I’ve wanted clowney all offseason but it’s not happening. I’ve come to terms.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys, the ravens are literally not even in the mix lol. We don’t have nearly enough cap space for a one year prove it deal, we don’t even have enough cap space to realistically make it a 2 year deal which he wouldn’t even want, and we aren’t even mentioned in the rumors.

Damn it Joey, let us dream!!!

“Insert Kevin Garnett anything is possible gif”

JAAM

Hall of Famer

I’m not disagreeing with you, but why would we be in the mix if we can’t afford him? We’re wizards at creating space for someone we really want

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not disagreeing with you, but why would we be in the mix if we can’t afford him? We’re wizards at creating space for someone we really want

i keep thinking about how chiefs can resign mahomes, Chris Jones and Sammy Watkins when they had like $1,000 in cap to start the off season. If they could pull that off... anything is possible!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ozzie was reckless with it, Eric hasn’t exactly had big roster decisions to work through on his own yet so we have no idea that we’re wizards

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Well I hope he has fun losing. Tannehill won’t have as much success and Henry has a lot of tread on this tires. Just come to Baltimore big dog and get those numbers up to secure the bag next offseason

From what I have read from Jeff Zrebiec twitter page it seems like The Ravens aren't really that high on Clowney as Ravens fans may be. I don't think he ever been on their radar but things could always change.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its not really wizardry. It's just restructure current contracts to be more expensive in future years.

I'm not seeing how the Saints pull this off, unless they sign him to a multi-year deal and backload the crap out of it. They essentially have no cap space left once the rule of 51 ends this weekend. Even if they were to sign him for like $7-8M this year, which by all accounts is much, much lower than other teams have offered, I don't see how they create that space. They'd need a combination of cuts and restructures, and I'm not seeing where they're coming from.

The only way they pull it off is on a 2-3 year deal with a very low year 1 cap hit.

Tennessee makes much, much, much more sense to me.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
From what I have read from Jeff Zrebiec twitter page it seems like The Ravens aren't really that high on Clowney as Ravens fans may be. I don't think he ever been on their radar but things could always change.
I don't think he's on their radar at all at an 8 figure/year price range.

I think they'd gladly be in on him if he were looking for like $6-8M a year. But he turned down $12M from Seattle, which is a place he allegedly liked. That price may come down, but I don't think its coming down nearly that much.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Inject this into my veins!!!!

View attachment 2472

I feel like he’s coming here. I don’t know why. We’re all in this year though and him across from Judon with this secondary would give everyone fits.
Damn right we speaking it into our existence.

Bro shut the fuck up, you sad soyboy and let us have our moment lol.