• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man, I don't think he's coming here. I don't think we even have any interest, whether due to cap reasons or just simply lack of interest as a whole.

i think it's the 2nd one more than the 1st - if we were interested we could have made it work cap-wise if we really wanted to

and it's kind of been said (without explicitly saying it) but the ravens clearly dont value clowney the way that much of the media does

and tbh from the way free agency went it's clear that many other teams around the NFL don't value clowney the way that the media does either

i think he's a really good versatile player but i dont think of him in the upper eschelons of pass rushers around the league

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i think it's the 2nd one more than the 1st - if we were interested we could have made it work cap-wise if we really wanted to

and it's kind of been said (without explicitly saying it) but the ravens clearly dont value clowney the way that much of the media does

and tbh from the way free agency went it's clear that many other teams around the NFL don't value clowney the way that the media does either

i think he's a really good versatile player but i dont think of him in the upper eschelons of pass rushers around the league
But weren't we interested in trading for him apparently?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The thing about it is that schematically there is no better marriage in the nfl than clowney and wink. He’s like 2014 McPhee on more steroids than Winchester

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I agree with you I just know some here keep talking about cap reasons why he won’t be here. I’m not going there because I don’t think that matters if the player is good enough and you want them. There is always a way to make room. I just don’t think we want him that much

Simba

Staff Member
I agree with you I just know some here keep talking about cap reasons why he won’t be here. I’m not going there because I don’t think that matters if the player is good enough and you want them. There is always a way to make room. I just don’t think we want him that much

Probably a combo of both. I think they would take him at their price, but they don’t like him enough to go out and alter a bunch. It just sounds like Clowney probably isn’t going to accept what you’d think the Ravens’ price is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
*sighs*

It was a good effort.

Eh, we’ll see what happens. I’ll wait for one of the big guns to tweet something. I’ll trust them over PFT’s “source”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Kind of related... Tre'Davious white just signed a 4 year, $70M extension. Market for Humphrey has been set. Thanks, Buffalo!
Not bad at all, corner market seems to be living in the past, its almost been proven that an elite CB1 is the most important part of any defense yet their contracts are still sane and reasonable.

Simba

Staff Member
Not bad at all, corner market seems to be living in the past, its almost been proven that an elite CB1 is the most important part of any defense yet their contracts are still sane and reasonable.

Agreed. Didn't outdo Slay by too much and I'd argue that White is significantly better at this stage of their careers. $17.5M for Humphrey? Get it done.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Didn't outdo Slay by too much and I'd argue that White is significantly better at this stage of their careers. $17.5M for Humphrey? Get it done.
for real id take that extension right now if it means we save from 2021-23