• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think a good possession guy who runs really good routes would be great for this offense.

Since there is expecatation that The Ravens aren't done adding a player or players to the team. I wonder if they will revisit working out/potentially signing Crockett Gilmore. Just like Dez Bryant he was worked out in August and nothing really happened after that.

I thought highly of Gilmore before the injuries hit, and Cordy Glenn.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Wonder if EDC has anything up his sleeve this week. If we trade for someone today or tomorrow, can they play Sunday?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am reading around and I saw a few things talking about Ridley being traded here. The potential of that would be incredible. I don't see it happening though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am reading around and I saw a few things talking about Ridley being traded here. The potential of that would be incredible. I don't see it happening though.
I saw that as well due to his low cap. I've also seen other options like Tate and Zeitler as well as Dezmond King

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't ever put it passed him. He's the Clint Eastwood of GM's.

Lol I can see that.

It seems like we are committed to building an offense through the draft for the most part and plugging in defensive pieces. I am really excited to see what adjustments have been made and how we come out against the Steelers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol I can see that.

It seems like we are committed to building an offense through the draft for the most part and plugging in defensive pieces. I am really excited to see what adjustments have been made and how we come out against the Steelers.
Go ahead, make my trade

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Dude...........this is something I can definitely try and #SIIE

@Dom McRaven what says you?

Edit: where do you see this trade talk about Calvin? I can’t find anything

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Quinnen Williams is supposedly on the trade block, which is absolutely ridiculous of the Jets organization to even consider trading him. That being said, I'm typically not one to trade 1st round picks. However this upcoming draft isn't supposed to be a good draft class and Quinnen Williams is a budding superstar with a cheap contract. I'd atleast sniff around to see how much they wanted and wouldn't hate trading a 1st rounder for him and maybe a 3rd in the 2022 class.

Knowing our relationship with the Jets front office, we need to atleast check it out.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Quinnen Williams is supposedly on the trade block, which is absolutely ridiculous of the Jets organization to even consider trading him. That being said, I'm typically not one to trade 1st round picks. However this upcoming draft isn't supposed to be a good draft class and Quinnen Williams is a budding superstar with a cheap contract. I'd atleast sniff around to see how much they wanted and wouldn't hate trading a 1st rounder for him and maybe a 3rd in the 2022 class.

Knowing our relationship with the Jets front office, we need to atleast check it out.

Jesus I would! Trade for Williams, give them a first, Ben Powers, and 4th rounder in 2022. In a year where Covid probably makes the draft way harder to even assess, and where we would be selecting, there is no way we'd get a better first round pick. MAKE IT HAPPEN EDC. If there was ever something to #SIIE it would be this.

Edit: I am really sorry for this one. I don't know how I could have misread and got confused so badly. It's kinda scary how confused I just was. All the while we're talking about the Jets and Williams, in my head I was talking about Quenton Nelson.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I’ll give a 2021 1+4 and 2022 3. The whole point is to get cheap talent and he’s on a rookie deal for another 2-3 years, you’re basically using a first round pick for a first round player with 1.5 years less contractual control. I’d love to see us replace Brandon Williams with quinnen Williams and have Campbell and Williams at DT to pair with our new addition of ngakoue

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ll give a 2021 1+4 and 2022 3. The whole point is to get cheap talent and he’s on a rookie deal for another 2-3 years, you’re basically using a first round pick for a first round player with 1.5 years less contractual control. I’d love to see us replace Brandon Williams with quinnen Williams and have Campbell and Williams at DT to pair with our new addition of ngakoue
Brandon Williams contract was extended, but yes agree.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reportedly Williams can be had for less than a 1st. Since the Jets love all of your players i'd give them a 2nd plus Washington.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man I know it’s not gonna happen almost certainly but holy shit the thought of adding quinnen Williams to this front is almost making me laugh, that would be hilariously dominant, and the 4 man rush could go from nonexistent to unstoppable in the span of a few weeks.

if we did make that happen, and madubuike pans out, we could have Campbell rush from the edge, a 4 man rush package of Campbell, quinnen, madubuike, and ngakoue, and tons of depth to keep guys fresh, holy shit man.