• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ll have to consult with my #SIIE brother, but this is looking good
tbh i dont think we would trade for king. were dangerously low on draft capital and while a nickel might be a bit of an issue atm it isnt a dire need, and averett played very well before going down and he is expected back before the season ends.

such a shame about tavon young, he is such a big x factor for this defense

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’ll have to consult with my #SIIE brother, but this is looking good

tbh i dont think we would trade for king. were dangerously low on draft capital and while a nickel might be a bit of an issue atm it isnt a dire need, and averett played very well before going down and he is expected back before the season ends.

And that's why I don't consider him a #SIIE target. He'd be dope for this defense for sure, I think we need to toughen this one out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

send them an 8th round pick

Simba

Staff Member
Just checking some practice squads for T depth if we so choose, and there are a couple of interesting names...

Prince Tega Wanogho (PHI) - I know a few people here were pretty high on him in the draft, but he fell for injury reasons. At this point we're really just looking to find some depth that can play in a pinch.

Trey Adams (BUF) - Limited athletically and has a storied injury history, but has some talent and natural size that can't be taught. Went undrafted due to that injury history and questionable character.

Chad Wheeler (SEA) - Really the only guy out there with extensive experience. Had a 2 year swing T run in NY before chilling on Seattle's PS the last 2 years. Nothing special but at least someone that has been battle tested.

Again, OL is going to be hard to find but should they opt for someone other than Holden on the PS AND someone that's been at least with a team all year, these are really the only options I see.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just checking some practice squads for T depth if we so choose, and there are a couple of interesting names...

Prince Tega Wanogho (PHI) - I know a few people here were pretty high on him in the draft, but he fell for injury reasons. At this point we're really just looking to find some depth that can play in a pinch.

Trey Adams (BUF) - Limited athletically and has a storied injury history, but has some talent and natural size that can't be taught. Went undrafted due to that injury history and questionable character.

Chad Wheeler (SEA) - Really the only guy out there with extensive experience. Had a 2 year swing T run in NY before chilling on Seattle's PS the last 2 years. Nothing special but at least someone that has been battle tested.

Again, OL is going to be hard to find but should they opt for someone other than Holden on the PS AND someone that's been at least with a team all year, these are really the only options I see.
What do you think the odds are we add someone on the OL? I think it’s slim to none, personally. Just curious on where you see us being. I could see a free agent signing for depth but not a trade

Simba

Staff Member
What do you think the odds are we add someone on the OL? I think it’s slim to none, personally. Just curious on where you see us being. I could see a free agent signing for depth but not a trade

We seemingly need some T depth since we don’t even have a backup at this point. That could be Holden from our PS or an outside FA/PS signing. Just not sure they think Holden is anything special considering they did not bring him up when Ronnie missed the game a couple of weeks ago. We have 0 depth there at this point. All of the backups are strictly interior guys.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
We seemingly need some T depth since we don’t even have a backup at this point. That could be Holden from our PS or an outside FA/PS signing. Just not sure they think Holden is anything special considering they did not bring him up when Ronnie missed the game a couple of weeks ago. We have 0 depth there at this point. All of the backups are strictly interior guys.

I think Cordy Glenn is still available. He's probably the best offensive tackle left in free agency.

Simba

Staff Member
I think Cordy Glenn is still available. He's probably the best offensive tackle left in free agency.

The question on him has been if he’s actually willing to play. Seems like that answer has been no unless he gets a certain number.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m fine with rolling with Orlando at LT and Fluker at RT. Both maulers in the run game. That needs to be our identity moving forward.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The question on him has been if he’s actually willing to play. Seems like that answer has been no unless he gets a certain number.
Maybe Glenn could be our Bryant McKinnie...

Come on, man. Channel your inner Bryant and come play here. @CordyGlenn77

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m fine with rolling with Orlando at LT and Fluker at RT. Both maulers in the run game. That needs to be our identity moving forward.
I actually thought Orlando looked good out there. I think we have bigger issues inside our OL than on the outside where we could always motion Boyle to help protect. Specifically the issue for us is RG and C as well as scheme partially. I don't think any of our OL are bad they are just not playing great as a unit, that is the real issue.

I could see Tyre possibly swing outside to T as well for depth.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im right there with you, get the coaches goddamn minds right and make the most of your guys skillsets, run the ball through every gap but A, use your speed to create space in the run game, we have a chance with these guys as long as we start playing like defensive team and controlling the clock and running the ball and not turning it over. if we can do HALF of what our run game did to the best defensive front in the league then we would roll to a 12-4 record or better.

straight up if we just gameplanned more like 2008 ravens instead of 2019, we would roll, i fully believe this, i have complete faith that this defense is good enough to hold up to the task and i think lamar being put in the most controlled environment possible would help him tons, i dont think hes ready to shoulder an entire passing game on his own and we might just need to really slow down the game, we know what hes capable of so every now and then we can cut him loose and try to spark it.

Simba

Staff Member
Some roster decisions to be made this week for sure.

We'll have 2 spots opening up with Humphrey to the COVID list and Stanley to IR. Potentially a 3rd if Phillips' MRI on his high ankle sprain proves to be a 3 week or more injury. So 2 or 3 spots to work with on the 53.

Bonds and Welch are out of the free callups, although you could stretch it one more for one of them with a COVID replacement for Marlon. I'd think both can go to the 53 if Phillips goes to IR... only 1 of them if not.

Holden looks likely to start his free callup process before having to make a decision on him. DB depth is still super weak as well so you might look at Hairston, Stone, or Warrior as the 2nd callup this weekend.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean we have to add someone because we now have zero tackle depth on the roster - we've got will holden on the practice squad but there's a reason he didnt make the team

i dont think we're trading for anyone but we do need to add someone

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean we have to add someone because we now have zero tackle depth on the roster - we've got will holden on the practice squad but there's a reason he didnt make the team

i dont think we're trading for anyone but we do need to add someone
Yeah as I said, I think a free agent addition makes more sense. We'll find out shortly here if we make a trade since we're coming up on the deadline.

Simba

Staff Member
You have to wonder if a hefty amount of PS moves could be coming here soon. Obviously we'll have some opening with the injury replacements, but we're super light on depth at some positions and this covid thing should highlight that.

OL is literally Will Holden and that's it, and he's likely headed to the active roster in some capacity. They're going to need to add 2-3 bodies to the PS here alone.

You have to wonder if they try to find a K/P hybrid as well. With FAs needing 5 days of tests, you could be screwed if Tucker or Koch tested positive on a Thursday. Can't get anyone else in. That's why Nick Moore is so valuable right now at LS.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
You have to wonder if a hefty amount of PS moves could be coming here soon. Obviously we'll have some opening with the injury replacements, but we're super light on depth at some positions and this covid thing should highlight that.

OL is literally Will Holden and that's it, and he's likely headed to the active roster in some capacity. They're going to need to add 2-3 bodies to the PS here alone.

You have to wonder if they try to find a K/P hybrid as well. With FAs needing 5 days of tests, you could be screwed if Tucker or Koch tested positive on a Thursday. Can't get anyone else in. That's why Nick Moore is so valuable right now at LS.
I wonder about our plans with Castillo too

Simba

Staff Member
I wonder about our plans with Castillo too

Think he’ll remain inactive unless absolutely needed. Obvious they like him but he needs some work first. Would imagine the active backups going forward are Bredeson, Powers, and Holden. TCC is OL9 now.