• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's athletic with good footwork and good chemistry with the rest of the backend
he's an incredible option for 4th/5th CB like he was this year - for most teams he'd be a decent/solid 3rd CB (borderline starter)

he's someone you're comfortable with but probably always looking to replace/improve on if he's starting for you
That’s how I was seeing him, I never thought I’d have been saying that easier because after his first 2 years I thought he was ass and would never become viable lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s how I was seeing him, I never thought I’d have been saying that easier because after his first 2 years I thought he was ass and would never become viable lol

i liked him in college and i think he got a bad rep early on in 2019 in some tough games that he just wasnt ready for - we asked him to be a number 2 corner against the burners of the Cards and then the Chiefs so of course he was gonna get burned

he needs to get better at being more physical because he's got the speed, hip flexibility and mirror skills to be able to play press as long as he doesnt allow too many free releases

but i do like him and he was a great value pick when we took him

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
Haven't seen the full list posted yet. Averett's back!

Is he actually back? The follow-up tweet said they meant he's been designated to return but hasn't been moved to the active roster. So, barring a setback that would effectively end his season, he should be back in the next 3 weeks, but he isn't fully back yet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is he actually back? The follow-up tweet said they meant he's been designated to return but hasn't been moved to the active roster. So, barring a setback that would effectively end his season, he should be back in the next 3 weeks, but he isn't fully back yet.

they only designated him to return this week - obviously it was a bit different last week because of the whole crazy situation but Tyre Phillips was activated before the game on Wednesday

averett was out an extra 2 weeks and plays a position that's high on twitch so his recovery and conditioning might take longer but it wont shock me if he's at least active (even if not playing a big role) against Dallas

my assumption would be if he's not back for Dallas then he will be for the browns

Simba

Staff Member
they only designated him to return this week - obviously it was a bit different last week because of the whole crazy situation but Tyre Phillips was activated before the game on Wednesday

averett was out an extra 2 weeks and plays a position that's high on twitch so his recovery and conditioning might take longer but it wont shock me if he's at least active (even if not playing a big role) against Dallas

my assumption would be if he's not back for Dallas then he will be for the browns

I think it’ll depend on the health of the other guys, but would think he’ll be activated if I had to guess. Jimmy is almost certainly going to miss time, and Tramon Williams didn’t practice today. That leaves Humphrey, Peters, and Harris. Would think Desir in an option from the PS. If they go 5, gotta think Averett getting back to form is still a better option than Nate Hairston or Nate Brooks, both of whom have been passed on for elevations numerous times despite shitty depth at CB. Doesn’t speak well of them, so gotta think Averett gets the call if he’s good enough to go even as depth only.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I should've worded that better. I'm just excited that he'll be back soon.

Simba

Staff Member
Alright so come a little bit later this week after everyone is hopefully off of the covid list, the roster is going to be crowded and a few cuts are going to have to be made, pending no injuries on Tuesday of course.

QB (2): Jackson, McSorley
RB (4): Dobbins, Edwards, Ingram, Hill
FB (1): Ricard
WR (7): Brown, Bryant, Snead, Duvernay, Proche, Boykin, Moore
TE (2): Andrews, Willson
OL (10): Brown, Bozeman, Skura, Powers, Mekari, Phillips, Bredeson, Colon-Castillo, Rodgers, Fluker
DL (6): Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, Madubuike, Ellis, Washington
OLB (6): Ngakoue, Judon, Bowser, McPhee, Ferguson, Ward
ILB (5): Queen, Fort, Harrison, Board, Welch
CB (6): Humphrey, Peters, Smith, Averett, Williams, Harris
S (5): Clark, Elliott, Levine, Richards, Stone
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

That puts us at 57 with everyone fully back to action, so 4 cuts/transactions need to be made.

OL is an obvious one. My hope would be that they just end the Fluker experiment but I think it's more likely that Rodgers is waived with hopes of him making it to the PS.

Chris Moore is a great STer but he honestly seems a little obsolete with 0 position value, but doubt anything happens there.

Is Jihad Ward in danger? He's been the odd man out since Ngakoue and really doesn't have a role. Adeoye and Rivers on the PS as additional depth.

Is Geno Stone on the chopping block again? Still not a great STer and I don't think they'd lose sleep if he was claimed.

CB looks heavy with 6 on the roster and 3 on the PS, but they've been dropping like flies.

The biggest "hope" would be that a few of these bottom of the roster guys have a couple of bumps and bruises and you can put them on IR and reevaluate in 3 weeks.

Who are your 4 cuts/moves?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Alright so come a little bit later this week after everyone is hopefully off of the covid list, the roster is going to be crowded and a few cuts are going to have to be made, pending no injuries on Tuesday of course.

OL (10): Brown, Bozeman, Skura, Powers, Mekari, Phillips, Bredeson, Colon-Castillo, Rodgers, Fluker

That puts us at 57 with everyone fully back to action, so 4 cuts/transactions need to be made.

OL is an obvious one. My hope would be that they just end the Fluker experiment but I think it's more likely that Rodgers is waived with hopes of him making it to the PS.

Chris Moore is a great STer but he honestly seems a little obsolete with 0 position value, but doubt anything happens there.

Is Jihad Ward in danger? He's been the odd man out since Ngakoue and really doesn't have a role. Adeoye and Rivers on the PS as additional depth.

Is Geno Stone on the chopping block again? Still not a great STer and I don't think they'd lose sleep if he was claimed.

CB looks heavy with 6 on the roster and 3 on the PS, but they've been dropping like flies.

The biggest "hope" would be that a few of these bottom of the roster guys have a couple of bumps and bruises and you can put them on IR and reevaluate in 3 weeks.

are we sure geno stone and a couple of the others will be eligible to come off the covid list yet? if they dont then it at least postpones some of these decisions in terms of roster crowding

Simba

Staff Member
are we sure geno stone and a couple of the others will be eligible to come off the covid list yet? if they dont then it at least postpones some of these decisions in terms of roster crowding

They should all be clear by the end of the week, pending no longer term ramifications of course. Stone is the last one and I think he's eligible to return Thursday or Friday.

Simba

Staff Member
ah sorry - didnt read your post properly - thought you were referring to before the cowboys game on tuesday

Yep really just getting at the fact that by Friday, we should expect to see a flurry of other moves because our roster is going to be full and the dead weight is getting smaller with all of the injuries and depth issues we currently have.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hump grabs too much for my liking.
Candidly, if you watched any of the top cover corners who play press man, they all do.

Go watch Ramsey or Revis in his prime. They're as physical and "handsy" with receivers as you will see.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd cut Stone only if they had no confidence in him to play S. Other than that I see:
Ingram -> IR but thats not good if they plan to cut him during the offseason
Boykin -> IR
Fluker -> cut
Welch -> cut and re-sign to PS. However I don't know how big his role on special teams has been .
Rodgers -> cut and re-sign.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Positive: Boone was there with GRo during the 49ers playoff runs. So he should have familiarity in that system since it’s the same as it was 8 years ago.

Negative: It’s the same system as it was 8 years ago.