• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Tbh idc if we get a #1 wr or not.. i mean i dnt think we can win a SB with a rookie wr, regardless of how great he is and thats why id like a vet too.. the reason why im not really tripping is cause i know lamar isnt a #1 wr away from being some great passer. A vet along with nice rookie wr, improvement from
Lamar in the passing game and our stout defense is enough to win us a bowl.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The real story is what our passing game is going to look like. That is what matters the most before we can even think about bring in WR's

A) is it going to be more WR friendly?
B) are we going to stop limiting Lamar?

Then and only then would I make the case we should go out and spend alot of money on one OR draft one very high. Grabbing one now and not tuning the offense won't change anything

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
The real story is what our passing game is going to look like. That is what matters the most before we can even think about bring in WR's

A) is it going to be more WR friendly?
B) are we going to stop limiting Lamar?

Then and only then would I make the case we should go out and spend alot of money on one OR draft one very high. Grabbing one now and not tuning the offense won't change anything

That's a good question because we really don't know. I am intrigued by The Ravens signing of Tee Martin, Keith Williams and Noah Riley. It's a slight hint that the passing concept or passing game could be better in 2021

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Well we’re absolutely fucked. If we pick up Golden Tate and a day two WR, Lamar should honestly just sign elsewhere. He deserves so much more better.

Attachments

• tenor (8).gif
    tenor (8).gif
    724.9 KB · Views: 122

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i'm assuming he's coming into town for medical checks etc. - if he clears those checks, we can't really afford to let him leave the building - im assuming the fact that he's visiting means the price is low enough that we like it

i'd be very content going into the draft with Hollywood and Watkins as the 2 starting receivers

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

i'm assuming he's coming into town for medical checks etc. - if he clears those checks, we can't really afford to let him leave the building - im assuming the fact that he's visiting means the price is low enough that we like it

i'd be very content going into the draft with Hollywood and Watkins as the 2 starting receivers

Couldn't agree more. Let's get it done.

Simba

Staff Member

Yep if you can reel in Watkins tomorrow, all we really need to do is keep tabs on that pass rusher market for the time being. No need to rush into anything there, but that's the only other spot I'd be worried about hitting in FA.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watkins and Hollywood at 1 and 2 going into the draft is a MUCH better position than Hollywood and Boykin.

best thing about Watkins is he is a legitimate nfl wr and not just some 22 year old athletic guy attempting to play wr in the nfl, he actually knows what he’s doing and can run the routes, pick up the playbook, separate, and catch the ball.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep if you can reel in Watkins tomorrow, all we really need to do is keep tabs on that pass rusher market for the time being. No need to rush into anything there, but that's the only other spot I'd be worried about hitting in FA.

and with the way the veteran edge market is moving - we can potentially even leave that until after the draft also given who's left (guys who might not even be interested in signing until after minicamps and OTAs are finished...

the only downside is probably losing a 4th round comp but ultimately this is a worthwhile use of that comp pick i think

Simba

Staff Member
and with the way the veteran edge market is moving - we can potentially even leave that until after the draft also given who's left (guys who might not even be interested in signing until after minicamps and OTAs are finished...

the only downside is probably losing a 4th round comp but ultimately this is a worthwhile use of that comp pick i think

Nick Korte said that anything under $10M would cancel out Jihad Ward, so I think we're in the clear and really only losing a 7th.

Would think a guy like Dunlap as a non-comp player would be a priority should we sign Watkins.