• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You know what? I’m with it, don’t let Sammy leave the building, up the price a bit if you have to, I think people are really sleeping on Sammy Watkins for real, like he’s way better than what this thread would lead people to believe, if he signs here then he might not be the 2nd best wr on this team, like we all think and hope Hollywood would be the clear cut best receiver in Baltimore but Watkins is no slouch. He can take over games.

i really dont see why people are down on him at all - negativity seems to mostly be about injuries... maybe lack of top-end production??? idk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you know i'm team trade-down 100%
I'm with you, unless a player is available they really want. I feel if a player is available at 27 they want that may not be available at the top of the 2nd, then they should take him, unless they are ok with the next best player on their board.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Without trying to be overly pessimistic here, given that he left, there's gotta be a low probability of signing here right?

Simba

Staff Member
Without trying to be overly pessimistic here, given that he left, there's gotta be a low probability of signing here right?

It's hard to say and it could be what Sammy wants. I remember when we were courting Maclin, he really wanted to go home and talk to his wife before they made a decision. So it could be that Sammy wasn't ready to decide today, or it could be that we didn't want him, or anything in between.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Probably wanted more than we were willing to give him. I expect the Colts to sign him and forget about Hilton

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't mind Ty Hilton in The Ravens offense. The guy can really run routes and was better than Watkins even thought Watkins ability is so good.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair we have new guys to coach them up, guys with stellar track records, the types of guys we’ve never had before, no more Bobby engram and David culley with their bullshit.

literally the first time I’ve ever felt good about our wr coaches
When it comes to us and Wrs idk i'm cautious as well. I'll wait and see what happens when we play against a good defense. Remember it's still Roman's offense which is known for being TE-oriented.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Time to get aggressive, Eric. Don’t let us down

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't mind Ty Hilton in The Ravens offense. The guy can really run routes and was better than Watkins even thought Watkins ability is so good.
Idk how much Hilton has left in his tank. I haven't watched the colts much over the last couple of years.

Even though I'm disappointed we didn't sign Golladay (and i know many of you don't agree). But I'm more concerned about our pass rushers