• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then cut him and move on. The ravens will 100% have a deal in place with a quick out if they made that move. The point is were a better team with AB then without so why not go for it. Let's also not pretend we're in the ivory tower looking down on other teams when it comes to drama. Earl last year, Hollywood this year, dez this year, Judon this year.... We survived all of it and could easily survive AB, if he chooses to bring drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know that we're a better team with him on it. When he's getting like 5 targets a game in a run-heavy offense, how much is he really going to be contributing? You think he's just going to stand on the sidelines and clap like a good little soldier?

Me personally... I'm not really interested in these "stop gap" receivers. AB gonna be here in 2023? 2024? Lamar will, so why wouldn't I want my receivers to be? Ya'll do realize that 2021 is unlikely to be the last football season ever played, right?

How about we start trying to get good players who can play here for 4-5 years on the team? I'm all for "filling gaps" on a temporary basis with cheap veterans, but guess what happens when we sign AB? We're having this exact discussion again in 11 months. Need to overhaul the receiving core again. Need to add playmakers. Blah blah blah. Rinse, repeat.

People wonder why it feels like we have these same discussions every year. Its because free agency rarely ever solves any long terms issues. Its a band aid. The bone is still broken. Its been broken for over a decade.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t think it’s anything at all against Watkins.. he’d be a fine #3/low end #2 in my opinion. I just don’t don’t think him and Hollywood are enough for Lamar to grow as the passer we all want him too
Nobody has suggested Watkins is the solution either, only that it’s a good start and if you go into the season with a Hollywood and Watkins and a first or 2nd round wr at 3, then you’re talking about a massive upgrade from Boykin at WR2.

that should be more than enough to give Lamar along with the zeitler signing to see if Lamar is progressing.

You have to remember that we aren’t talking about Watkins being the only wr addition

Yeah if you have Hollywood, Andrews, Watkins and an early pick at WR and either Duveney / Proche step up that's a pretty decent line up.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And how do we know he’ll be a 1st/2nd rounder?
We don't. But that's not the only round you'll get good WRs in, either.

We got a 1st and a 3rd from the prior two drafts on our roster right now. Why don't those guys just play better football also?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We don't. But that's not the only round you'll get good WRs in, either.

We got a 1st and a 3rd from the prior two drafts on our roster right now. Why don't those guys just play better football also?
And you trust our guys to develop a late round WR into Antonio Brown lol? Given our track record with drafting and developing WRs, I’d rather pay up for a known commodity if one were available, then take my chances in the 1st or 2nd for a WR. I just want to surround Lamar with as much talent as possible

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And you trust our guys to develop a late round WR into Antonio Brown lol? Given our track record with drafting and developing WRs, I’d rather pay up for a known commodity if one were available, then take my chances in the 1st or 2nd for a WR. I just want to surround Lamar with as much talent as possible
To be fair we have new guys to coach them up, guys with stellar track records, the types of guys we’ve never had before, no more Bobby engram and David culley with their bullshit.

literally the first time I’ve ever felt good about our wr coaches

JAAM

Hall of Famer
To be fair we have new guys to coach them up, guys with stellar track records, the types of guys we’ve never had before, no more Bobby engram and David culley with their bullshit.

literally the first time I’ve ever felt good about our wr coaches
Oh I absolutely feel the same way. Just being cautious lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And if none are available?
Do you think its close to sustainable to spend top tier FA money on WRs every 2-3 years for the rest of eternity, just because we haven't drafted that well in the past?

When Lamar is making $40M a year, is spending $20M on a receiver every 2-3 years going to lock us into being a contender every year?

Plus the two receivers I referenced aren't late round picks by any stretch. Talking a first and third rounder already on the roster.