• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lol, sign me up! Hilarious. I feel like I need to shotgun a beer!

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay, my new #SIIE brother
Pretty simple. If there's a specific free agent, trade target, or prospect that you like, you basically harp on as much as you can about how much you want a certain guy and just add the #SIIE for good measure. It's all about speaking it into existence.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Alright fellas, I don’t really be following other team’s players.

who’s the RT FA we want? What’s the ranking between Villanueva, Dennis Kelly and Charles Leno as our next RT?

I’m assuming it’s
1. Villanueva
2. Kelly
3. Leno

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pretty simple. If there's a specific free agent, trade target, or prospect that you like, you basically harp on as much as you can about how much you want a certain guy and just add the #SIIE for good measure. It's all about speaking it into existence.
the new #Summer Institute of International Education council ^_^

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Post Draft Orlando Brown Trade

Kansas City gets:
OT Orlando Brown
Nick Bolton second-round pick (No. 58)
2022 6th round pick.

Baltimore gets:
Alejandro Villanueva
Oweh- first-round pick (No. 31)
Cleveland- third-round pick (No. 94)
(No. 136) traded to ARI for (No. 160) Shaun Wade
2022 fourth round pick (ARI)
2022 fifth-round pick

We need to see the production of the players involved in this trade, but the most important ones are Oweh and Cleveland and Brown for the Chiefs. We also need to see if they franchise him after the season, which is expected, or give him a 20+ m contract. All in all I think this trade is a win-win. Now if Wade can perform to his 2019 abilities or better than this will put the trade over the top in our favor, imo.

Last edited:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
More expensive than I thought

All them Steelers fans saying he’s declining. Don’t know if that’s true or not.. or to what extent, but that’s a hefty price tag nonetheless

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone know the cap now? Also do we usually keep 2.5 m for the season?
There's no set amount to keep, but typically its in the $3-5M range.

I don't know what Villaneuva's current cap number is, but we came into the day with ~$16M in cap space, though at least $10M of that has been earmarked already.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
All them Steelers fans saying he’s declining. Don’t know if that’s true or not.. or to what extent, but that’s a hefty price tag nonetheless
Is it really though? $7M for a starting Tackle in this league, quite frankly, is kind of chump change. Like we paid James Hurst I think $5M a year a few years back to basically be the 6th Olineman. He's making about what Zeitler is.

The guaranteed money also, obviously, is only for one year.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Feeling pretty good about this line now!

This is why I wasn't concerned about picking up a T in the draft. They essentially made it clear he was going to be picked up when it wouldn't count against comp picks. Always next year to pick up a tackle. Stanley Cleveland Bozeman Zeitler and Villanueva should easily be an improvement over whatever it was that was blocking during that Bills playoff game.