• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
Wait deadline for what???

After 4pm today, no unrestricted free agent signings count against the comp pick formula. Hence why we’ve waited on guys like Villanueva and Houston. Not sure we’ll see announcements at 4:01 or anything, but should see stuff starting to move again in the FA market throughout the week.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
After 4pm today, no unrestricted free agent signings count against the comp pick formula. Hence why we’ve waited on guys like Villanueva and Houston. Not sure we’ll see announcements at 4:01 or anything, but should see stuff starting to move again in the FA market throughout the week.

comp pick deadline - after 4pm - any signings dont impact the comp pick calculations so we can sign anyone we want and it doesnt impact those 2 4th rounders we've got

for us to sign a player with out it affecting company picks.

Thanks y’all. Had no idea

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If our line is Stanley, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, and Villanueva, then Zeitler is our smallest guy at 6'4.... Lamar could rally be behind a line of literal giants.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If our line is Stanley, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, and Villanueva, then Zeitler is our smallest guy at 6'4.... Lamar could rally be behind a line of literal giants.

i think right now that if you offered me all the possible combinations at OL - this is the one I'd expect to start week 1

the wildcard for me is tyre phillips starting *somewhere* (either LG or even RT)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
well that's very interesting - he's the sort of guy i'd be very interested to know how he feels about maybe coming and playing on the right side for us

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It does seem we are set on either signing AV or Kelley though.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gimme alejandro villanueva and 1 of Justin Houston, melvin Ingram or a (cheap) Kerrigan

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
First, what is #SIIE? Can someone enlighten me?

Next, it is 415 and there are no announcements on our new signings. Get off your hands EDC and get things done already! ^_^

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just throwing this out there... I think Kelly may be the "quicker" sign. If we had a handshake with Villanueva, I don't know that we bring Kelly in. I suspect we wouldn't sign both, but its possible.

Think Villaneuva may take a couple days to see if there are other suitors who were waiting, but I could be wrong.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
First, what is #SIIE? Can someone enlighten me?

Next, it is 415 and there are no announcements on our new signings. Get off your hands EDC and get things done already! ^_^
Would you like to join the Council? We are always welcoming new members.

Simba

Staff Member
Just throwing this out there... I think Kelly may be the "quicker" sign. If we had a handshake with Villanueva, I don't know that we bring Kelly in. I suspect we wouldn't sign both, but its possible.

Think Villaneuva may take a couple days to see if there are other suitors who were waiting, but I could be wrong.

Word is that Kelly isn't fully healthy and came in more for a medical check than any serious interest. Would imagine he's one of the backup options should AV find another opportunity.