• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Doesn't sound like you agreed to disagreed. It sounds like he challenged you to simply find a way to even get Julio on the roster, and you didn't even bother to try.

If you can't get past that point, there's really no point in talking about anything else to be honest. I mean if we're playing the "Madden is real life game", why stop at Julio?
Keep talking about not wanting Julio. Like I said before, we tend to do things opposite of what you say

And if we don’t get Julio, can you tell me about how much you hate Justin Houston?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
You good Sizzle? Lol

I'm good, it just seems like for someone who is so invested in getting a player, there is no defense at all for his stance of bringing him in once people start bringing up solid points.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't sound like you agreed to disagreed. It sounds like he challenged you to simply find a way to even get Julio on the roster, and you didn't even bother to try.

If you can't get past that point, there's really no point in talking about anything else to be honest. I mean if we're playing the "Madden is real life game", why stop at Julio?

I'd like to visit bringing in Mack if we are playing Madden.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Keep talking about not wanting Julio. Like I said before, we tend to do things opposite of what you say

And if we don’t get Julio, can you tell me about how much you hate Justin Houston?

"Opposite of what he says".... hmm, is that why we have two playoff wins since our Super Bowl year?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm good, it just seems like for someone who is so invested in getting a player, there is no defense at all for his stance of bringing him in once people start bringing up solid points.
I listed the inexperience of our skill position as a point. I don’t know what we have yet in Bateman and Wallace (if we even have anything). I mentioned the money. I know about the logjam. I trust Julio more than any WR on the roster. That’s why I’m for it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
"Opposite of what he says".... hmm, is that why we have two playoff wins since our Super Bowl year?
You changed your name? Who did you used to be as a poster?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I listed the inexperience of our skill position as a point. I don’t know what we have yet in Bateman and Wallace (if we even have anything). I mentioned the money. I know about the logjam. I trust Julio more than any WR on the roster. That’s why I’m for it

Ok. Then again, figure out a way to bring him in, and then also talk about why we should add another receiver versus adding to edge IF we are trying to make trades that are unrealistic at the start

JAAM

Hall of Famer
With very few examples of that actually happening, of course.
But good attempt.
JoeyFlex pointed it out before. Don’t act like you don’t know

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So did you mention the money or did you attempt, in any way, to show how the money would work?
Or again, is this just a Madden thing...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So did you mention the money or did you attempt, in any way, to show how the money would work?
Or again, is this just a Madden thing...
Keep going, I like it…this has a Yannick feel to it. Someone you said would never be here

JAAM

Hall of Famer
And shouldn't have been here. Real good he did for us
We tried to make the team better. Wasn’t a good fit and that’s fine, because again, we tried. What was your old name?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
JoeyFlex pointed it out before. Don’t act like you don’t know
He pointed out one (and it was a bad trade).
Like if you think that's a strong argument for your case, then be you and go on and die on that hill.
I just think you need to raise the bar on the Ravens/football IQ a bit. Like I think a lot of these discussions about just adding whoever you want without any repercussions is great at like Applebees with your buddies and stuff, but this ain't the circus. This is real life. Decisions and actions have consequences. Not everything can be upgraded in exactly the way you want it to.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Like if you think that's a strong argument for your case, then be you and go on and die on that hill.
I just think you need to raise the bar on the Ravens/football IQ a bit. Like I think a lot of these discussions about just adding whoever you want without any repercussions is great at like Applebees with your buddies and stuff, but this ain't the circus. This is real life. Decisions and actions have consequences. Not everything can be upgraded in exactly the way you want it to.
Oh goodness. No need to get defensive little man

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd love to bring in Mack. Oh, and Quenton Nelson. Let's not forget about Justin Jefferson.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We tried to make the team better. Wasn’t a good fit and that’s fine, because again, we tried. What was your old name?
So adding a first round WR and signing somebody who was a first round WR isn't trying, but trading for Julio is?

I'm personally not fine with trading draft capital for players that don't work out. It's sort of ironic that we draft a bunch of receivers that don't work out, which is, by definition, called "trying", you criticize the FO for it, but somehow we're OK trading for veterans that don't work out and it's like "o that's cool, at least we tried".

You're either results oriented or you're not.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd love to bring in Mack. Oh, and Quenton Nelson. Let's not forget about Justin Jefferson.
I would much rather see Mack here than Julio, and they'd be at comparable price points. Much, much, much bigger impact on the team.

So if we're playing the "lets trade for a good veteran to make this team better game", I'm all for it.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Cute try. Still got some dirt on your knees from when you tripped defending that Yannick trade...
Cute comeback. Like I said, no need to get all defensive.