• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have this year and next to make decisions and we are going to be in the mix over the next 2 years with what they've done this year. Lamar is the biggest issue. Andrews is the next, maybe, but TE's come and go. Yet there aren't many who score 20 TD's in their first 3 years. We need a Vet edge guy and maybe a Vet safety too and you can't have enough CB's. Everything else will work out and we are going to be good and with a chip on our shoulder. Feel that.
I hope we extend Peters. Last year of his contract is 2022.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone think Peters would make for a good safety eventually? He has the ball skills and it seems he does best when he’s given some freedom to roam and gamble

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone think Peters would make for a good safety eventually? He has the ball skills and it seems he does best when he’s given some freedom to roam and gamble
probably would suit him well when he gets older, but now he is still a very good cb.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We will see. If he starts falling off this year I wouldn’t give him a big contract extension whatsoever
He's still pretty young at only 28 years old. I don't see him falling off for a while as CBs tend to last a while.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know it's unlikely we get Julio but I'm going to be pissed if he ends up a Titan or Patriot.
I think he will end up a Patriot, but I don't see the Pats as contenders this season and they finally have to deal with a tougher division.

I'll support Julio if he is a Raven, because I love him as a player, but I don't think this would be a prudent move.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he will end up a Patriot, but I don't see the Pats as contenders this season and they finally have to deal with a tougher division.

I'll support Julio if he is a Raven, because I love him as a player, but I don't this as a prudent move.

He will be past his prime by the time the Patriots become a true contender. He got hurt and was out for several games last year, so who knows if he’s even still in his prime, durability wise. I don’t fear him. We used to shut him down when we played the Falcons anyway

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I know it's unlikely we get Julio but I'm going to be pissed if he ends up a Titan or Patriot.
I wouldn’t say unlikely just yet. Obviously a rumor, but we spoke to him and he wanted us to see how we could afford his contract, but apparently he would like a new deal to whatever team gets him. As of today, a hard 2nd would land him. We’re still being linked to him as well but we’ve been awfully quiet (which is a good thing in my opinion). We have the draft capital. Just depends the magic EDC and company can work when it comes to restructures. As of yesterday, Titans are the favorites to land him per Florio. Now THAT would not be ideal. I’d rather him go to NE if not us. But like I said earlier, we absolutely have the 2022 draft capital.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He will be past his prime by the time the Patriots become a true contender. He got hurt and was out for several games last year, so who knows if he’s even still in his prime, durability wise. I don’t fear him. We used to shut him down when we played the Falcons anyway
But what if he lands with the Titans? How do you stack the box against Henry and leave our DBs on islands against him and Brown? That’s gonna be extremely tough on us because MP Juice Mayne doesn’t exactly play well against physical WRs

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
But what if he lands with the Titans? How do you stack the box against Henry and leave our DBs on islands against him and Brown? That’s gonna be extremely tough on us because MP Juice Mayne doesn’t exactly play well against physical WRs

What if the world ends before the season starts? What if, what if, what if. We have no reason to be worrying before anything even happens lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What if the world ends before the season starts? What if, what if, what if. We have no reason to be worrying before anything even happens lol
Hahaha you can blame my OCD for that

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hahaha you can blame my OCD for that

All good man. Just so many variables. A fully healthy Titans offense, a prime Julio (I’m still betting he’s gonna fall off moderately very soon; he’s already starting to get hurt, possibly due to age), and him actually going there in the first place is a different story. But all of that is months away

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t say unlikely just yet. Obviously a rumor, but we spoke to him and he wanted us to see how we could afford his contract, but apparently he would like a new deal to whatever team gets him. As of today, a hard 2nd would land him. We’re still being linked to him as well but we’ve been awfully quiet (which is a good thing in my opinion). We have the draft capital. Just depends the magic EDC and company can work when it comes to restructures. As of yesterday, Titans are the favorites to land him per Florio. Now THAT would not be ideal. I’d rather him go to NE if not us. But like I said earlier, we absolutely have the 2022 draft capital.

Here we go again.... lmao..

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Based on the current Julio poop fest going on (assuming he'll go elsewhere we don't want him to), and if he does become a Raven I may have to adopt him as my third child just to give him protection and security from probing eyes and keyboards. laugh out loud!

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I'll support Julio if he is a Raven, because I love him as a player, but I don't this as a prudent move.

I fully agree. That said I'm all about loading up and seeing what Lamar can do with an arsenal being being paid. Roman loves those 5 wide sets too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Based on the current Julio poop fest going on (assuming he'll go elsewhere we don't want him to), and if he does become a Raven I may have to adopt him as my third child just to give him protection and security from probing eyes and keyboards. laugh out loud!
How many kids can you have!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many kids can you have!
Well, I'm a kind man with unlimited resources for mega rich kids that I choose to adopt. What can I say? I thought I would be one and done with the unicorn Lamar, but then along came Oweh who was constantly doubted and now there is the prospect of another uber talented WR in Julio that may or may not become a Raven. If he does, I've claimed him as my 3rd son. If he doesn't fuck him!

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Just take everything you said, apply it to us and just add the threat of Lamar running the ball to the mix and it would create the same problems. We run the ball more often so teams are stacking the box to stop Gus, Dobbins and Lamar. You add Julio to the mix and opposing DBs would be on islands against Julio, Hollywood, Andrews, Bateman. I'd gladly trade a second given our history of second round picks and the fact we have multiple thirds next year to cover for not having a second.