• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JO_75

Hall of Famer
God I can’t wait for this GD Julio nonsense to be over...

To be fair, I want this to be over with too but this is taking longer than I thought lol. I thought by now we would have had some blockbuster trade, Julio, Rodgers, other potential players, etc. It's getting boring waiting to see what happens.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair, I want this to be over with too but this is taking longer than I thought lol. I thought by now we would have had some blockbuster trade, Julio, Rodgers, other potential players, etc. It's getting boring waiting to see what happens.

I just hate Julio being on the market and end up disappointing people like JAAM when we don’t make it happen lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I just hate Julio being on the market and end up disappointing people like JAAM when we don’t make it happen lol
Hahaha I appreciate that brotha

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well June 1st was always the earliest possible date for a Julio trade, so if he's gonna get moved, I imagine it won't be too much longer.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well June 1st was always the earliest possible date for a Julio trade, so if he's gonna get moved, I imagine it won't be too much longer.
Thought it would’ve been done by this morning to the Titans quite honestly. Wonder what’s taking so long. They must have a lot of offers

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
By now I thought we would be laughing at some team who caved and gave Atlanta a first round pick for Julio.
I dnt think a 1st rnder is all that bad tbh.i
mean id try for a 2nd but i wouldnt think its a bad trade if a team actually does it.. well if its a team that has no real shot than yea its terrible, but if a team like GB, bills or rams were to do it, imo it would be fine.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I dnt think a 1st rnder is all that bad tbh.i
mean id try for a 2nd but i wouldnt think its a bad trade if a team actually does it.. well if its a team that has no real shot than yea its terrible, but if a team like GB, bills or rams were to do it, imo it would be fine.

Talent-wise, Julio is a first round pick trade in a second, but the money he's paid for the next two years is the issue, so the deal has to be balanced by reducing the trade round - at least that's how I look at it. Either that or ATL agrees to pay part of the money to balance with getting a 1st rounder. I would still love to see him here, but there is probably another D lineman of some sort in our future instead.

The longer ATL waits, the less they are going to get, imo.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Talent-wise, Julio is a first round pick trade in a second, but the money he's paid for the next two years is the issue, so the deal has to be balanced by reducing the trade round - at least that's how I look at it. Either that or ATL agrees to pay part of the money to balance with getting a 1st rounder. I would still love to see him here, but there is probably another D lineman of some sort in our future instead.

I had to check to make sure I am not crazy but his next 2 years are 15.3 million and 11.5 million (and then 11.5 million in year 3). That is the sort of contract you give a 2nd tier WR (there are low end number 1s making much more) and so you are getting him for a bargain.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

He isn’t worth a first rounder. You trade a first for a guy coming off an injury at his age. You have no idea if that’s the start of durability issues due to age. Nor do you know how many more years he has at a high level.