• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

this probably also a move to help get levine or ellis up to the 53 which means we get to put both bell and freeman on the PS

I would think one of them (likely Freeman) would have to be up for Monday night though. Unless they're bringing in Murray right into the backup role on 5 days notice and just going with three backs (including Cannon).

Based on Harb's comments today, Bell almost certainly won't be dressing Monday night. He's not ready.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would think one of them (likely Freeman) would have to be up for Monday night though. Unless they're bringing in Murray right into the backup role on 5 days notice and just going with three backs (including Cannon).

Based on Harb's comments today, Bell almost certainly won't be dressing Monday night. He's not ready.

i mean freeman hasnt practiced just like Murray hasn't practiced so not much difference in terms of who's most ready between those 2 tbh and Murray's on the 53 already and probably the better back right now too...

i dont think bell's up just because Harbs literally just spoke about how he needs to get his sea legs

its possible that we have 4 RBs on the initial week 1 gameday actives but i see no reason why freeman would be inherently more prepared than murray

Simba

Staff Member
So thinking out loud here... do we HAVE to promote anyone to the 53 by Monday, or can we just roll with 51 and still use the 2 callups? Could be a good way to get Levine, Ellis, and/or Freeman to the actives list for week 1 without having to guarantee their salaries.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting ... This preseason Averett has taken most of his snaps at LCB 24 vs. RCB 15 and 14 from the slot.

Last season:
Anthony Averett had 4 snaps at LCB. 1 during game 1 and 3 during game 4. After that he didn't play any snaps at LCB.

Last season:
Jimmy Smith played 9 snaps over a period of 4 games at (LCB).

My point is if we have to move Humphrey to the slot and are expecting Averett and Jimmy to man the boundary, we are in for a rude awakening.

I do find it interesting that they had Averett play more snaps at LCB and in the Slot and that's could be a very good thing if Tavon goes down.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So thinking out loud here... do we HAVE to promote anyone to the 53 by Monday, or can we just roll with 51 and still use the 2 callups? Could be a good way to get Levine, Ellis, and/or Freeman to the actives list for week 1 without having to guarantee their salaries.

i was under the impression harbs had said we'll have a full 53 by the time we get out there on monday but i just listened back and he said they'd have a full team available

so you're right they could not elevate anyone - i thought they'd have to in order to accommodate the extra vets on the PS but it sounds like Andre Smith not out there today at practice so he could have been released to make room instead...

the only difficulty becomes if they want more than just 2 of those guys to be available on Monday

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting ... This preseason Averett has taken most of his snaps at LCB 24 vs. RCB 15 and 14 from the slot.

Last season:
Anthony Averett had 4 snaps at LCB. 1 during game 1 and 3 during game 4. After that he didn't play any snaps at LCB.

Last season:
Jimmy Smith played 9 snaps over a period of 4 games at (LCB).

My point is if we have to move Humphrey to the slot and are expecting Averett and Jimmy to man the boundary, we are in for a rude awakening.

I do find it interesting that they had Averett play more snaps at LCB and in the Slot and that's could be a very good thing if Tavon goes down.

i dont think it's that important with averett - as you see they move him wherever he's needed - he played a lot of RCB last year because Marlon was in the slot and MP was mostly healthy...

and this preseason he played literally wherever with no obvious dropoff

if we asked jimmy to move from right to left after all these years at RCB maybe we see a dropoff there but i dont think we see that with averett

and it's not like with OL where changing sides means that everything's the completely opposite feet - CB footwork and alignment changes on a snap to snap basis depending on leverage, coverage etc. - the only thing that's significantly different between right and left corner is the boundary

obviously it's different but its not like going from LT to RT

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You know what. I hated the schedule makers for the makeup of a division heavy end. Now it's starting to look like a possible blessing. By then the rbs should be settled as well as the passing game. Gives the new pieces on defense time to get in a groove as well. Think this team is going to shock people down the line.

Simba

Staff Member
i was under the impression harbs had said we'll have a full 53 by the time we get out there on monday but i just listened back and he said they'd have a full team available

so you're right they could not elevate anyone - i thought they'd have to in order to accommodate the extra vets on the PS but it sounds like Andre Smith not out there today at practice so he could have been released to make room instead...

the only difficulty becomes if they want more than just 2 of those guys to be available on Monday

I'd be curious if there's any rule against it. I mean, obviously Levine is a guy that you probably want for the entire season so he's an easy promotion to the 53 if you need to. But if you wanted both Ellis and Freeman but didn't necessarily want to commit to their salary for the full season, it could be a good move

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
You know full well it’s only a matter of time before Tavon is injured with his yearly injuries. We have to have someone ready behind him

The current injuries have punctured too many holes in the SS Raven. Iceberg! Iceberg! The ship is foundering fast. Read some funny things here. Murray sure ain't to Edwards and Freeman surely ain't no Dobbins. The ship is going down fast. The Raiders game is now Raiders favored. There is one Life Preserver. One Upside and One Upside only as the Roster of the SS Raven's crowd to the dry side of the listing ship. Some of the roster is falling into the water and there is Titanic Lamar Jackson at the helm smiling and wavin and lookin so fine running, but looking like a bum thrownin! The holes in the SS Raven are gonna force Titanic Jackson to throw. If the SS Raven is to be saved he must learn how to throw. Throw his way to wins and stave off the drownings about to occur. Its now or nevah Titanic. Can you save the day!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The current injuries have punctured too many holes in the SS Raven. Iceberg! Iceberg! The ship is foundering fast. Read some funny things here. Murray sure ain't to Edwards and Freeman surely ain't no Dobbins. The ship is going down fast. The Raiders game is now Raiders favored. There is one Life Preserver. One Upside and One Upside only as the Roster of the SS Raven's crowd to the dry side of the listing ship. Some of the roster is falling into the water and there is Titanic Lamar Jackson at the helm smiling and wavin and lookin so fine running, but looking like a bum thrownin! The holes in the SS Raven are gonna force Titanic Jackson to throw. If the SS Raven is to be saved he must learn how to throw. Throw his way to wins and stave off the drownings about to occur. Its now or nevah Titanic. Can you save the day!

Man you’re hilarious and your troll job is actually quite impressive

Every time I unblock out of dumb curiosity I remember why I did it in the first place. Jesus Christ.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont think ingram has enough left that he'd actually improve this offence

in terms of the run concepts it's not that difficult as long as they can learn the playbook enough to know the play calls - ultimately they're all seasoned runners who know how to find and hit the hole - the uniqueness in our running game comes from Lamar and the way we motion blockers to create advantages - that doesn't massively affect the way the runner runs unless he's the motion man

in terms of pass pro, the concepts we use here aren't particularly unique at all with regards to pass pro with the backs so it's going to be very similar pre-snap/post-snap feel and reading to whatever they'll have done before

the meshpoint is the thing that im more worried about
The meshpoint exchanges are what makes our run offense unpredicatable and successful in my view. I agree with the rest of your comments though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know what. I hated the schedule makers for the makeup of a division heavy end. Now it's starting to look like a possible blessing. By then the rbs should be settled as well as the passing game. Gives the new pieces on defense time to get in a groove as well. Think this team is going to shock people down the line.
I haven’t been sweating it, at any point. We play our best ball after thanksgiving and always have.