• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 says he’s not ready but I counter that with neither is AV

i think he's inconsistent but he definitely showed enough in his limited snaps that i would not be surprised if we elevate him to the 53 with the Phillips injury...

i think the thing with ealy is that the nice things he showed, he showed against 3rd and 4th stringers

idk that he's ready to play yet but he's certainly someone i want to keep in-house

Simba

Staff Member
yeah not sure what that's about - had a nice run (the only inverted veer type play we saw last night) called back by penalty and had the nice play on special teams...

maybe he gets re-signed to the PS

but this leaves us 4 open spots on the 53... got to assume levine and ellis are 2... and an OL from somewhere... and then one of Bell or Freeman

Wondering if their hand was forced with Freeman to some extent. Maybe some assurances were made in order to get him on the PS... aka we'll move you to the 53 once your salary isn't guaranteed.

Simba

Staff Member
it's possible cannon comes back to the practice squad and is a candidate to be elevated some weeks...

That would be my thought. Assuming maybe they think he clears waivers easily and can still be an option while opening room for Freeman or Bell.

Simba

Staff Member
idk who winston rose is

but those first 2 guys are notably slot guys and worley is an outside guy with lots of experience

we couldnt have known about peters but would have been nice to still have warrior here

Skrine would be a great get on the PS if we can swing it. Another lightning rod across the league but has stuck around a long time and plays well on occasion. We could do a lot worse for slot depth.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry if I missed it, and I see he's gone on IR, but what exactly was the injury to Phillips? ACL tear? He looked like he was in some serious pain.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry if I missed it, and I see he's gone on IR, but what exactly was the injury to Phillips? ACL tear? He looked like he was in some serious pain.
he's on short term IR...atleast 3 weeks. Not sure what the injury is yet

Cannon has been released

Wonder if they will be bringing Bell and Freeman up this week as there are two spots available

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d be shocked if he’s not moved to season ending IR
Its semantics, but there's no such thing. Season ending IR only happens pre-season.
IR is the same for everybody in-season. The 3 weeks is just the minimum amount of time you spend on it. The max can be the whole season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Its semantics, but there's no such thing. Season ending IR only happens pre-season.
IR is the same for everybody in-season. The 3 weeks is just the minimum amount of time you spend on it. The max can be the whole season.
Let me rephrase then. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t spend the whole season on ir

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Says a lot about Ealy that Andre smith was brought up

smith was brought back to the PS - he hasnt been elevated - he was there before too (and we got rid of him to make space for the vets on the PS who we added at RB but now there's space for him again)

still a chance that Ealy gets promoted to the 53 given we've only got 8 OL on the 53 right now and Smith was signed to the PS and not the 53