• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah idk what PFF's watching - he's allowed like 9/10 receptions for 100ish yards - he's a liability in coverage at the moment and all this tells me is that PFF still hasn't sorted out how to grade guys in zone coverages...
good question

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
For a 2023 6th Round Draft Pick.... can't believe they couldn't get more for him.
His contract goes with him though, when we thought he was cut there was hope that he would sign for cheap since his guarantees are still paid by the patriots, but instead the patriots sent his contract away with him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah idk what PFF's watching - he's allowed like 9/10 receptions for 100ish yards - he's a liability in coverage at the moment and all this tells me is that PFF still hasn't sorted out how to grade guys in zone coverages...

The raw data tells little up front. 86 yards through 4 games is 21.5 per game, which is the 44th most given up among LBs. And considering that 65 of the 86 coming in 1 game, it's 3 high level games against 1. Makes sense within the context.

All in all he was cut due to Parsons outplaying him and Neal coming back from injury and he has an injury guarantee in his contract that fully guarantees his contract in 2022, so he was a liability.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

relevant given our lack of OL depth

and why people need to stop talking about trading for OL lol - there's no one to trade for

Someone on RSR made a thread about benching Mekari. I was tempted to make an account just to curse them out. Besides the fact he's done pretty well over there, who the hell are we replacing him with? I don't know what people expect from the 3rd? string RT. It's not like the Broncos are some scrub defense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Someone on RSR made a thread about benching Mekari. I was tempted to make an account just to curse them out. Besides the fact he's done pretty well over there, who the hell are we replacing him with? I don't know what people expect from the 3rd? string RT. It's not like the Broncos are some scrub defense.

but why would we bench mekari? he's given us really high level play considering he's probably the 4th OT on the team

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The raw data tells little up front. 86 yards through 4 games is 21.5 per game, which is the 44th most given up among LBs. And considering that 65 of the 86 coming in 1 game, it's 3 high level games against 1. Makes sense within the context.

All in all he was cut due to Parsons outplaying him and Neal coming back from injury and he has an injury guarantee in his contract that fully guarantees his contract in 2022, so he was a liability.

i mean maybe the stats also dont see everything lol - he's been lost in the zones

its mostly going to be down to the contract but he's not been good that's why they're happy to let go of him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Although I doubt this happens due to cap reasons, Von Miller would be great in Baltimore and Winks defense.

He had this to say about Lamar.

Von Miller on Jackson: 'Not Another Player Like That in the World’

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although I doubt this happens due to cap reasons, Von Miller would be great in Baltimore and Winks defense.

It’s inevitable

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

You have no idea how badly I want to #SIIE this, but the cap issues is quite literally the only thing that's holding me back from it.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
but why would we bench mekari? he's given us really high level play considering he's probably the 4th OT on the team
Generally speaking, people that make those types of threads don't actually think very well. They're the guys that like quit every job they ever have without finding another one, then don't understand why they can't find one and end up sucking on the government tit for months.

Or they pretend like the NFL is Madden where you can just override the computer game and plug in Ogden 2.0 whenever you need an upgrade.