• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would be surprise if he makes it to us on the waiver priority.
I mean... maybe.

I don't see non contending teams putting in claims on him, and what contending teams are going to utilize him much? Realistically, there aren't many, if any, teams in the league that have a worse RB situation than us.

It wouldn't surprise me if he clears waivers entirely and then signs with somebody (even us).

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... maybe.

I don't see non contending teams putting in claims on him, and what contending teams are going to utilize him much? Realistically, there aren't many, if any, teams in the league that have a worse RB situation than us.

It wouldn't surprise me if he clears waivers entirely and then signs with somebody (even us).

yeah.. now that I think about it, he might go unclaimed. He’s shitty in pass protecting and not really good at receiving out the backfield. His best attribute is that he runs fast and doesn’t fumble. Guess we’ll see

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah.. now that I think about it, he might go unclaimed. He’s shitty in pass protecting and not really good at receiving out the backfield. His best attribute is that he runs fast and doesn’t fumble. Guess we’ll see
I mean... he's not like a great player. He's a very pedestrian RB in this league. Clearly not somebody you want playing a lot of snaps. Houston has a pretty terrible RB situation also, and he couldn't win a lot of snaps in that offense.
He's intriguing to us because we are so bad at the position only. Not because he's great.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean... maybe.

id imagine he clears waivers and signs for the minimum to some contending team for sure

there's a few teams that might be interested or maybe should be interested but not sure whether they'll actually take a look... titans, bills, ravens could all use him (not sure the bills will be so inclined though)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean... he's not like a great player. He's a very pedestrian RB in this league. Clearly not somebody you want playing a lot of snaps. Houston has a pretty terrible RB situation also, and he couldn't win a lot of snaps in that offense.
He's intriguing to us because we are so bad at the position only. Not because he's great.

he does offer something slightly different in terms of top-end speed that we dont have in our RB corps which might intrigue us somewhat

might be the kind of guy who can reopen the counter bash for us

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he does offer something slightly different in terms of top-end speed that we dont have in our RB corps which might intrigue us somewhat

might be the kind of guy who can reopen the counter bash for us
He’s not dobbins, he’s not Gus, but he’s got the speed to emulate what dobbins does for us across all gaps and he’s got that one step acceleration and downhill style that Gus offers.

Lindsay is by no means a great back, but he is the guy I’ve said from the beginning is the fit for us to get some semblance of a ground game going. He is probably a better back in Baltimore than he is anywhere else.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s not dobbins, he’s not Gus, but he’s got the speed to emulate what dobbins does for us across all gaps and he’s got that one step acceleration and downhill style that Gus offers.

Lindsay is by no means a great back, but he is the guy I’ve said from the beginning is the fit for us to get some semblance of a ground game going. He is probably a better back in Baltimore than he is anywhere else.

and we know we called about trading for him - unfortunately im pretty sure we werent the only team that enquired...

it's possible he goes somewhere else but you've got to think that if he goes unclaimed he'll see the same opportunity that bell, freeman and murray saw here

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
found someone tweeting out some lindsay endzone angle coaches film...

presented without comment:

The last 2 are perfect examples. #4 is either a TFL by 40 or a 1 yard gain by 55 with our current backs. #5 our backs are either met at the hole by 25 or dragged down for a loss by 43. We don’t have backs that can pull those runs off and it’s killing our run game. In that #5 clip Murray could’ve hit the hole and took 25 for a few yards, freeman couldn’t have done anything with it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Tbf, cant be any worse than what we already have

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

probably better than murry too

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let’s go get him then!

Simba

Staff Member
@Simba

well not sure i saw any of this coming lol
- Bahar really is the guy we've brought in
- Ealy apparently not that important or desirable
- Toliver over Motley

and who is jaryd jones-smith

Bahar only because he’s local lol. He’ll be gone once they have a chance to get guys in for workouts.