• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Joe Thomas was a short shit too

some guys just know what it takes to compensate and have the goods to execute it very well. Not to say mekari is Joe Thomas but you get the point.

I maintain that the mekari lacking length becoming a problem thing was speculated by Spencer Schulz in the offseason and it’s been parroted ever since

I mean concerns about his length at tackle aren’t something from just this offseason - there’s a reason he was moved from tackle to IOL

and you see it turn up on tape sometimes where some guys are able to long-arm and move him because of that length

it’s not the fatal flaw it could have been because of how good mekari’s been with his hand placement and punch and timing but it’s still an issue that limits him in some ways and especially in the sense that it limits his margin for error and ability to recover if he doesn’t get it close to perfect straight away

luckily mekari’s a technician but he doesn’t have the length (or athleticism) to be anything less than near-perfect

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not so sure I see us trading him for a 3rd rounder, when in fact we could keep him for the 2022 season and let him walk after that and possibly get a 3rd or at the very least 4th round comp pick in return the following season. Sure, a trade gets him off the books and the pick quicker, but i just don't see it happening. Now maybe they would do it for a 2nd round pick, but I doubt we get one either.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After the season we’re having without peters, I highly doubt the ravens have any desire to go into 2022 without him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
3rd worst in the NFL in INTs
3rd worst in the NFL in turnovers
3rd worst in turnover differential
yet we have managed to win 8 games. Although not complete luck, we will start losing some of those games if we don't do something about it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So Lamar really is carrying this team! That's how i read it.

tbf this defence has played pretty well especially on 3rd down

they're just a really weird unit in that they make very few turnovers and when they make mistakes they seem to always result in massive plays

this is the best 3rd down defence in the league and the last 3 weeks the chiefs, pats and ravens 3rd down defences have been a different class to the rest of the league

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd be giving him a 5 year extension
Idk about that but ima definitely let his deal play out lol.

I’m not convinced that Marcus peters isn’t not only the best corner on this team but the best defender. Not only is his on field performance sorely missed but his presence and football iq are missed on the sideline as well. Marcus peters has some of the highest football iq in the league and is a tone setter as well.

if we trade him I’ll be fucking pissed beyond words.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

I’m not convinced that Marcus peters isn’t not only the best corner on this team but the best defender. Not only is his on field performance sorely missed but his presence and football iq are missed on the sideline as well. Marcus peters has some of the highest football iq in the league and is a tone setter as well.

I fucking miss his swag

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He's 28 years old, I wouldn't go longer than 3 and 2 may be better due to his age.
Bank on this, Marcus peters will be a baller until the day he retires. His skill set doesn’t diminish with age, it gets better. He may need to move to FS in about 3 years, but Marcus peters will be a problem every time he straps up, regardless of age.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Him and Judon .

I’m not sure about Judon being underrated. He got the appropriate respect as an above average player from fans and opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we miss his iq and communication on the backend a ton - just the confidence and intelligence with at-snap or even post-snap adjustments and communication was excellent and enabled us to be so efficient on the backend

humphrey's the better pure man cover corner, but peters adds an element of threat that when you throw it towards his side of the field you're taking a risk and that weighs on a quarterback's mind

ill be really frustrated if he's not on this team in 2022 - ill understand if that's the last year he's here albeit ill likely be disappointed - but there's absolutely no reason to get rid of him for the 2022 season

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Him and Judon .
I wouldn’t say his impact here was underrated, he played for a year under the franchise tag which was big money, and our front seven is better than it’s been in years after he leaves. Not that correlation equals causation there, but his sack totals in NE mean basically jack shit to his impact here in Baltimore, because he wasn’t doing that here in Baltimore.

Tyus bowser has looked better this season than Judon ever looked here. Oweh as a rookie is making about as much of an impact(when given a heavy snap count at edge) as Judon ever made here as well.