• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would guess it's more of a courtesy. He wasn't in the gameplan this like and likely wasn't going to be unless an injury occurred. Veteran courtesy to let him get out there instead of holding onto him knowing he was going to get cut Saturday anyways. If he gets claimed, no loss. If he clears and wants to return to the PS at some point, you have some goodwill built.
Can’t imagine he’ll get claimed

Simba

Staff Member
only even vaguely a worry just because of lamar's illness...

but i dont think he had the traits needed to backup this offence anyway tbh - didnt have the athletic traits or the arm talent, didnt seem to have the ability to run the same offence that lamar (and huntley) run

Agreed, and that's the only reason it's inopportune although something would have to be very wrong for Lamar to not be out there Sunday.

Curious how we fill the QB3 role now. McSorley isn't a great fit but still probably better than most out there. Might have to make some concessions on what type of guy we want. Sloter and Ta'amu were the ones that stood out at a quick glance. Would laugh my ass off if it's Kenji Bahar again.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed, and that's the only reason it's inopportune although something would have to be very wrong for Lamar to not be out there Sunday.

Curious how we fill the QB3 role now. McSorley isn't a great fit but still probably better than most out there. Might have to make some concessions on what type of guy we want. Sloter and Ta'amu were the ones that stood out at a quick glance. Would laugh my ass off if it's Kenji Bahar again.

that would be funny lol

i thought about Nick Mullens briefly but he's not a great system fit - but one of the better pedigrees of the practice squad guys - does have the benefit of having been in the browns system (not that we really need much espionage lol) - but just not really someone who fits the offence we run

Josh Johnson - familiarity with this coaching staff albeit before the lamar era - starting experience - some mobility and stylistic similarities to huntley

to me Johnson feels like the most obvious option if we're looking to poach someone

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lindsay would be a great addition. Would probably even grab the starting spot upon signing

Simba

Staff Member
The Texans are so confusing. It was reported that there was interest in trading for him but they wanted too much. Now they release him for nothing in return. And this isn’t the first case where they’ve given up value (either by trading it directly or not moving someone) for absolutely nothing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Texans are so confusing. It was reported that there was interest in trading for him but they wanted too much. Now they release him for nothing in return. And this isn’t the first case where they’ve given up value (either by trading it directly or not moving someone) for absolutely nothing.
They have no idea what they’re doing lol