• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
i think he's someone you hope never plays a snap for you but is just good enough that your game isnt over if he does

he's like the best possible veteran preseason QB if you dont have a young guy who needs reps

That's why he's hung around for so long. Never really good enough to make the team but seemingly always a first call when someone in your QB room goes down.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
So what’s the chance of us keeping Marcus Peters next year? Not sure how his contract is. I wonder if we can meet somewhere in the middle with him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So what’s the chance of us keeping Marcus Peters next year? Not sure how his contract is. I wonder if we can meet somewhere in the middle with him.
really surprised if he's not on the roster next year and wouldn't be surprised to see him extended once we know how he healed.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Future Raven or no? I guess not given he was starting for the Vikings and whatever happened was bad enough for the Vikings to release him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Future Raven or no? I guess not given he was starting for the Vikings and whatever happened was bad enough for the Vikings to release him.

Lol Anyone else curious why he took his shoes off during an altercation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Depends on how he looks coming off rehab. I would lean towards keeping him but his cap number is a problem, that said the team will be working with a revamped defense and likely will have to use a draft pick on the OL. I know we probably could use that money but losing a player like him on top of the likely departure of Averette and others makes it a very tough decision, on top of the fact this unit badly misses him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't you remember the old Jerry Springer episodes where they would take their shoes off and use them as weapons?

Lol this is very true , the “Chancla” is a deadly weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Idgaf what he did were tryna win a ring here and our entire secondary is out.

that said, we ain’t winning a ring with this OL anyway

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Idgaf what he did were tryna win a ring here and our entire secondary is out.

that said, we ain’t winning a ring with this OL anyway
Or this trash ass running game with no Boyle or Ricard. Gosh this season is painful. It'd be less stressful if we were like 4-9 or 5-8.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Hey guys don't be so quick to dismiss Josh Johnson. JJ played some excellent football for us in the Colts game. After Mike White went down in the 1st quarter (and Zach Wilson was already injured) Josh Johnson threw for 3 touchdowns verses the Colts and made the game somewhat respectable. That's in spite of the Jets defense playing so bad that particular day, I don't think I've ever seen as poor a defensive effort as the Jets defense against the Colts. If not for a last second batted ball interception Josh Johnson was about to close the Jets within one score setting up a last second inside kick. Josh Johnson is a decent QB. Now, I'm not so sure how familiar he is with the Ravens and their plays but he was a good backup for the Jets.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hey guys don't be so quick to dismiss Josh Johnson. JJ played some excellent football for us in the Colts game. After Mike White went down in the 1st quarter (and Zach Wilson was already injured) Josh Johnson threw for 3 touchdowns verses the Colts and made the game somewhat respectable. That's in spite of the Jets defense playing so bad that particular day, I don't think I've ever seen as poor a defensive effort as the Jets defense against the Colts. If not for a last second batted ball interception Josh Johnson was about to close the Jets within one score setting up a last second inside kick. Josh Johnson is a decent QB. Now, I'm not so sure how familiar he is with the Ravens and their plays but he was a good backup for the Jets.

josh johnson is a preseason level quarterback lol - he has familiarity with the ravens as a former preseason QB for us too - but this year he's only been on the roster for 9 days so not going to be up with the playbook yet at all

Simba

Staff Member
Just thinking ahead to the offseason and what positions we need to address. Noting which key guys are under contract and what I think they might need to do

QB: Jackson, Huntley

No need to touch this, but I'd look to retain Johnson again if he wants to keep playing.

RB: Dobbins, Edwards, Hill, Williams

You have options here but a lot coming off of injury. I wouldn't make it a priority but I'd be open to a mid rounder if there's someone there.

WR: Brown, Bateman, Duvernay, Proche, Wallace, Boykin

Another position I wouldn't really touch unless the value is just there in the draft. Supplement with a cheap vet and we're good to go.

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Oliver, Poljan

Not overly concerned here but if there's a TE you like late in the draft, take a swing. 3 TE sets aren't near as common in the last 2 years.

OT: Stanley, Mekari, Phillips, Villanueva (likely cut)

The first big need on offense. You need starting quality AND some T depth.

G: Zeitler, Cleveland,, Powers, Phillips, Mekari

I think you stay put unless there's a bonafide stud early in the draft. Zeitler is rock solid and between the other 4, we should be fine. I'm even including Mekari and Phillips here in the event they figure out an option or two at T.

C: Colon

Obviously this depends on whether or not Bozeman returns. If he does, great. If he doesn't, you need to add at least competition for Colon if not a true starter

DL: Wolfe, Madubuike, Washignton

Time to get younger here. Wolfe's contract says he should return but you need to add youth otherwise. Would keep contact with Campbell to see his price on a 1 year deal but I'm not beholden to him. I'd target the draft and FA for options here.

ILB: Queen, Harrison, Welch

Lots of FAs here. Bynes, Board, and Fort should all be cheap returnees if you want any of them. Harrison might be more OLB by the actual offseason so who knows where he fits.

OLB: Oweh, Bowser, Hayes, Ferguson

You have 2 quality players here but could still supplement with a vet once again. If Houston wants to keep playing for a similar dollar amount, I'd retain him. I'd also look at the draft once again.

CB: Humphrey, Peters, Young, Westry, Washington

The big kicker here are the contracts of Peters and Young. Something has to give with them and I'd expect them to work something out with both. But you need to add depth here regardless if not some starting level talent depending on those contracts.

S: Clark, Stephens, Stone

You have a solid trio here with one growing player in Stephens. Are they patient with him or do they make a move and keep him in a hybrid/dime role? I've learned to never say never with the Ravens at the S position.

ST: Tucker, Koch, Moore

Time to add some competition for Koch. Wouldn't move on completely and would make it a competition, but thinking Koch's days are numbered.

So,

Primary Needs: OT, C, DL, CB
Secondary Needs: RB, OLB, S
Tertiary Needs: TE, ILB, P

Honestly, feels like it'll be a more traditional draft for us which will be nice. We've hit the skill positions hard and now it's time to get back to our roots and beef up the trenches and the backend of the D.

Just thinking ahead to the offseason and what positions we need to address. Noting which key guys are under contract and what I think they might need to do

QB: Jackson, Huntley

No need to touch this, but I'd look to retain Johnson again if he wants to keep playing.

RB: Dobbins, Edwards, Hill, Williams

You have options here but a lot coming off of injury. I wouldn't make it a priority but I'd be open to a mid rounder if there's someone there.

WR: Brown, Bateman, Duvernay, Proche, Wallace, Boykin

Another position I wouldn't really touch unless the value is just there in the draft. Supplement with a cheap vet and we're good to go.

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Oliver, Poljan

Not overly concerned here but if there's a TE you like late in the draft, take a swing. 3 TE sets aren't near as common in the last 2 years.

OT: Stanley, Mekari, Phillips, Villanueva (likely cut)

The first big need on offense. You need starting quality AND some T depth.

G: Zeitler, Cleveland,, Powers, Phillips, Mekari

I think you stay put unless there's a bonafide stud early in the draft. Zeitler is rock solid and between the other 4, we should be fine. I'm even including Mekari and Phillips here in the event they figure out an option or two at T.

C: Colon

Obviously this depends on whether or not Bozeman returns. If he does, great. If he doesn't, you need to add at least competition for Colon if not a true starter

DL: Wolfe, Madubuike, Washignton

Time to get younger here. Wolfe's contract says he should return but you need to add youth otherwise. Would keep contact with Campbell to see his price on a 1 year deal but I'm not beholden to him. I'd target the draft and FA for options here.

ILB: Queen, Harrison, Welch

Lots of FAs here. Bynes, Board, and Fort should all be cheap returnees if you want any of them. Harrison might be more OLB by the actual offseason so who knows where he fits.

OLB: Oweh, Bowser, Hayes, Ferguson

You have 2 quality players here but could still supplement with a vet once again. If Houston wants to keep playing for a similar dollar amount, I'd retain him. I'd also look at the draft once again.

CB: Humphrey, Peters, Young, Westry, Washington

The big kicker here are the contracts of Peters and Young. Something has to give with them and I'd expect them to work something out with both. But you need to add depth here regardless if not some starting level talent depending on those contracts.

S: Clark, Stephens, Stone

You have a solid trio here with one growing player in Stephens. Are they patient with him or do they make a move and keep him in a hybrid/dime role? I've learned to never say never with the Ravens at the S position.

ST: Tucker, Koch, Moore

Time to add some competition for Koch. Wouldn't move on completely and would make it a competition, but thinking Koch's days are numbered.

So,

Primary Needs: OT, C, DL, CB
Secondary Needs: RB, OLB, S
Tertiary Needs: TE, ILB, P

Honestly, feels like it'll be a more traditional draft for us which will be nice. We've hit the skill positions hard and now it's time to get back to our roots and beef up the trenches and the backend of the D.

Looks accurate besides I noticed you didn't include the tackle James we signed to a 2 year contract. Unless I missed something, I remembered reading he was cleared for practice already.

Unless we botch this off season we should have high expectations again next season. Trenches are priority followed by safety and another pass rusher imo.