• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure if it was said and I missed it but Hollywood is definitely a key component to the offense. If we lost him people could just continue to stack the box and stuff the run with or without our OL or RBs improved. Granted, Andrews helps too and Bateman will as well but none have the Hollywood speed.
And having 3 elite route runners is just such a valuable asset to an offense that SHOULD be predicated on spreading the defense and making plays in space. You would command attention at each boundary with Hollywood and Bateman, in the middle with andrews, and then there’s Lamar and the threat of the run game as well.

At this point it’s literally a matter of getting Lamar enough comfort in the pocket to actually attack the full field, and calling the plays/formations to do it. If we lose Hollywood, then that is gone, and it becomes an obstacle with teams really keying in on Bateman outside and otherwise crowding the middle of the field.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
hard to say given all the injuries various units but certainly we're not far off - we're at least in that top 10 conversation

Bucs
Cowboys
Bills
Bengals
Cardinals
Chiefs
Rams

id say those groups are probably clearly ahead right now (but maybe not for long)
but ravens definitely in the next group with the chargers, vikings, 49ers, dolphins, eagles, broncos

obviously though injuries to the bucs and cardinals and rams have affected their groups somewhat

and if we start adding backs and just looking at skill position groups as a whole then im not sure there's going to be many better than the ravens in 2022 - probably looking at the bengals, cowboys, bucs
Steelers weapons are up there too.. big ben is just terrible

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And having 3 elite route runners is just such a valuable asset to an offense that SHOULD be predicated on spreading the defense and making plays in space. You would command attention at each boundary with Hollywood and Bateman, in the middle with andrews, and then there’s Lamar and the threat of the run game as well.

At this point it’s literally a matter of getting Lamar enough comfort in the pocket to actually attack the full field, and calling the plays/formations to do it. If we lose Hollywood, then that is gone, and it becomes an obstacle with teams really keying in on Bateman outside and otherwise crowding the middle of the field.
On top of everything else Hollywood actually makes defenses respect the deep ball and back off. Duv has speed but he mostly just runs a straight line, and even fast guys can be covered if they just run straight. Hollywood's ability to change direction at full speed is one of a kind, and forces defenses to always play off man; which also opens up the middle for Andrews and Bateman. On a team with a proper OC I could see Hollywood racking up tons of yards.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
On top of everything else Hollywood actually makes defenses respect the deep ball and back off. Duv has speed but he mostly just runs a straight line, and even fast guys can be covered if they just run straight. Hollywood's ability to change direction at full speed is one of a kind, and forces defenses to always play off man; which also opens up the middle for Andrews and Bateman. On a team with a proper OC I could see Hollywood racking up tons of yards.

i mean people forget that he started the season on pace with the top guys in the league - was in and around the top 5 even after dropping those bombs against detroit

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Perhaps, not sure if the improvement came from position change or skill improvement in general. Going off memory at this point, I feel he was better at LG last year than he has been at C this year; however, that of course that could just be recency bias against his recent position on my part. I think he’s worth retaining either way for either group but I feel we could do better at C but could definitely do worse. Tough call too depending on Stanley’s recovery as it may not matter. Hopefully he’s doing well
not sure he would have been better this year at left guard with AV next to him. I thought Bozeman played well at Center this year and yes he was pushed back on occasion this season, but he was pushed back at left tackle last season also.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

get me some James Proche in the mix in the slot and we have very few balls touching the ground, for the most part.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need the sign the other Patrick now and that'll be a huge win. Bring back Bozeman and Ricard and you're looking good on offense and can focus mostly on defense except [hopefully] 1 starting OL spot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Big move to extend him, this gives us a 5 spot swing player on the cheap and it can’t be overstated just how big of a deal that is

Simba

Staff Member
So is he suppose to be the starting T or just great depth for all the other positions?

Whatever you need him to be. In the best case, he's a backup for every single person on the line because you improved at all positions. In the worst case, he's a solid and capable starter wherever you need him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
not sure he would have been better this year at left guard with AV next to him. I thought Bozeman played well at Center this year and yes he was pushed back on occasion this season, but he was pushed back at left tackle last season also.
Yeah that is unlikely that he would've been better at LG this year. The value Bozeman provides is he can play either LG or C now. I would prefer to put him back at LG in 2022 and draft/sign a C with a higher likelihood of drafting a C than signing one. I don't think it matters too much where he plays if we can just bring him back. A lot depends on Stanely TBH, because you'd think having Stanley, Zeitler, Mekari on the team potentially gives you your LT, RG, RT but leaves LG & C open-ended. Granted, Mekari is versatile enough he could play literally anywhere and we have Powers, Cleveland, Phillips here under contract but none of those guys give me huge hopes right now even if I did like Cleveland quite a bit as a draft pick. I think OL should be a Day 2 pick, honestly. I don't think it's some ridiculous need unless Stanley is done and then it becomes priority #1 for me over our horrendous defense (which should be our priority this draft).

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whatever you need him to be. In the best case, he's a backup for every single person on the line because you improved at all positions. In the worst case, he's a solid and capable starter wherever you need him.
Yeah I don't think he'd really be an option at Guard, but if nothing else, as a Swing Tackle, it makes all of the sense in the world.