• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
for me it's nothing to do with that - for me it's that he's shown he's a dangerous playmaker who's got good chemistry with lamar and has shown up in big games in big moments with big plays

Well yeah but that's what makes him the best WR we've ever had

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I agree with Davesta... that's one hell of a sig... I should find something like that from a Marvel character as that's my avatars I've been using
Haha I didn’t even know what Davesta meant! I’m not a big Marvel guy. I just see the kids using “ratio” and “mid” and wanted to see how it felt

i didn’t feel anything

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha I didn’t even know what Davesta meant! I’m not a big Marvel guy. I just see the kids using “ratio” and “mid” and wanted to see how it felt

i didn’t feel anything

The hell does ratio mean anyway lmao. I know all about the math crap

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
i guess my question is... to who is that money going instead?

In my fantasy world it’s used to sure up the line through free agency. I really want EDC to go after Terron Armistead. I know it’s a homer signing and very unraven like. Probably cost 18-20 mil a year, but damn it I just want to protect Lamar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't believe it's a wise idea to let your franchise's best WR go after having so many troubles over so many years finding said WR.

Well part of my reasoning is I believe this years draft is going to gift us one of the top three WRs and fill that void. Not saying that’s where we should go , but if it’s BPA and it falls in your lap…There’s some really talented dudes projected to land between 15-20, where i think we will be picking. Hollywood has been great, like you said best in franchise history. I’m just not sold on paying him 17 million a year. I think EDC can replicate his success through other avenues.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well part of my reasoning is I believe this years draft is going to gift us one of the top three WRs and fill that void. Not saying that’s where we should go , but if it’s BPA and it falls in your lap…There’s some really talented dudes projected to land between 15-20, where i think we will be picking. Hollywood has been great, like you said best in franchise history. I’m just not sold on paying him 17 million a year. I think EDC can replicate his success through other avenues.

I see your logic, I just think there are definite other needs without creating one that doesn’t need to be one

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In my fantasy world it’s used to sure up the line through free agency. I really want EDC to go after Terron Armistead. I know it’s a homer signing and very unraven like. Probably cost 18-20 mil a year, but damn it I just want to protect Lamar.

i mean no way are the saints letting him go - it's rare that a great or high value player will ever be allowed to make it to the open market
and if they do there's no way we're going after him this year - we dont reasonably have the cap space for it this offseason

no one's talking about paying hollywood this year - we're talking about paying him either after 2022 or 2023

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean no way are the saints letting him go - it's rare that a great or high value player will ever be allowed to make it to the open market
and if they do there's no way we're going after him this year - we dont reasonably have the cap space for it this offseason

no one's talking about paying hollywood this year - we're talking about paying him either after 2022 or 2023

Would you agree that Lamar is probably paying close attention to how the Hollywood situation is being handled before he completely 110% commits? They seem like they would be a duo who stick together by any means necessary, if at all possible

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not saying that we wont for sure but i would be absolutely shocked if we took a WR in the 1st this year - that would be 3 1st round WRs in 4 years which would be basically unprecedented

and idk what it is about hollywood you think is so replaceable?

Simba

Staff Member

It's December. No idea who will be available in the draft or even if the guys that are projected there right now will even go in that range.

I don't understand this obsession with drafting another WR either. We've drafted 6 in the last 3 years, including 2 first rounders who are living up to that billing (Hollywood included). It makes absolutely no sense to take another if I'm being honest. BPA or not. They'll look to trade back before they add another WR. Simply cannot keep going to that well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would you agree that Lamar is probably paying close attention to how the Hollywood situation is being handled before he completely 110% commits? They seem like they would be a duo who stick together by any means necessary, if at all possible

i mean he was drafted a year before him - he's not going to wait on hollywood before he gets paid lol

they'll want to stay together but not sure what there is to be "handled" for him to pay attention to - i doubt anything happens with hollywood this offseason beyond us picking up his 5th year option

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

It’s honestly a stupid move , so rarely does paying top dollar in free agency work out. I just thought with the Ramcyzk(sp?) contract they won’t have enough Armstead. We’d for sure be paying top dollar , but we would be solidifying the line with a high end tackle….. also I have no idea what are cap situation looks like for next year. Factor my ignorance into my Madden fantasy signing

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s honestly a stupid move , so rarely does paying top dollar in free agency work out. I just thought with the Ramcyzk(sp?) contract they won’t have enough Armstead. We’d for sure be paying top dollar , but we would be solidifying the line with a high end tackle….. also I have no idea what are cap situation looks like for next year. Factor my ignorance into my Madden fantasy signing

so you're saying paying top dollar in free agency rarely works out as an excuse to not pay hollywood but not suggesting the same thing re: top dollar with regard to paying armstead...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's December. No idea who will be available in the draft or even if the guys that are projected there right now will even go in that range.

I don't understand this obsession with drafting another WR either. We've drafted 6 in the last 3 years, including 2 first rounders who are living up to that billing (Hollywood included). It makes absolutely no sense to take another if I'm being honest. BPA or not. They'll look to trade back before they add another WR. Simply cannot keep going to that well.

Not an obsession and not a need. Just watching the endless mock drafts and seeing a pattern. If I had it my way we’d be drafting tackle round 1, but I don’t think a quality O line last to our pick. We don’t need a WR, but it would be deadly if our line up next year was Andrews, Hollywood, Batemen, and Jameson Williams. Dear god the poor secondary that matches up against that.