• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah that is unlikely that he would've been better at LG this year. The value Bozeman provides is he can play either LG or C now. I would prefer to put him back at LG in 2022 and draft/sign a C with a higher likelihood of drafting a C than signing one. I don't think it matters too much where he plays if we can just bring him back. A lot depends on Stanely TBH, because you'd think having Stanley, Zeitler, Mekari on the team potentially gives you your LT, RG, RT but leaves LG & C open-ended. Granted, Mekari is versatile enough he could play literally anywhere and we have Powers, Cleveland, Phillips here under contract but none of those guys give me huge hopes right now even if I did like Cleveland quite a bit as a draft pick. I think OL should be a Day 2 pick, honestly. I don't think it's some ridiculous need unless Stanley is done and then it becomes priority #1 for me over our horrendous defense (which should be our priority this draft).
I mean... some of that is up to Bozeman, also. Like if he wants to be a Center, and we're not giving him that option, then he'll sign elsewhere. I think Bozeman would gladly like to re-sign here, but I think it all depends on the $, per usual. I think its a lot easier for teams to find competent Guards than competent Centers,

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Holy shit, I just realized Hollywood is 15 receptions away from 100, and 47 yards away from 1,000. But, yea, let's not extend that "bitch". :rolleyes:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... some of that is up to Bozeman, also. Like if he wants to be a Center, and we're not giving him that option, then he'll sign elsewhere. I think Bozeman would gladly like to re-sign here, but I think it all depends on the $, per usual. I think its a lot easier for teams to find competent Guards than competent Centers,
Yeah, true. Just saying my preference on where I'd like him to be if we brought him back, but you're right that it is also up to where he wants to play too. He may want to be a C and that's it. Hopefully we re-sign him and Ricard soon so they can focus on other areas like what I think is this historically bad Ravens defense. I have no faith we can win a Super Bowl or even a Championship with this defense.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Holy shit, I just realized Hollywood is 15 receptions away from 100, and 47 yards away from 1,000. But, yea, let's not extend that "bitch". :rolleyes:
0*l4tHPgq7ekKA3FW3.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Im assuming your smart ass comment was directed at me. You missed the point of my original comment which was not about his play, but financials. I said the Ravens will most definitely pick up his 5th year option , but it will be tough to give him a long term deal when you stack up all the current contracts we have. Hollywood will want big money and someone will be willing to pay him more than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Im assuming your smart ass comment was directed at me. You missed the point of my original comment which was not about his play, but financials. I said the Ravens will most definitely pick up his 5th year option , but it will be tough to give him a long term deal when you stack up all the current contracts we have. Hollywood will want big money and someone will be willing to pay him more than us.

What makes you think Hollywood will want big money? I think we can extend him at a reasonable amount

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What makes you think Hollywood will want big money? I think we can extend him at a reasonable amount

Your previous post is a good start. He has a solid stat line. Including 4 games with Huntley/ Johnson. This will be his best chance at a large pay day.

But I would flip the question and ask you why you think Hollywood wouldn’t ask for big money? Guys like Thielen, Brandon Cooks, and Robert Woods are making 16+ million a year. It’s very reasonable he makes 13-16 mil/year or more…and that would be considered a fair market price.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your previous post is a good start. He has a solid stat line. Including 4 games with Huntley/ Johnson. This will be his best chance at a large pay day.

But I would flip the question and ask you why you think Hollywood wouldn’t ask for big money? Guys like Thielen, Brandon Cooks, and Robert Woods are making 16+ million a year. It’s very reasonable he makes 13-16 mil/year or more…and that would be considered a fair market price.

Hollywood is worth that and more.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

andrews season this year is already 2nd all time in receptions for a single season and 2nd all-time in yards
he's 10 receptions behind derrick mason in 2007 and he's 14 yards behind michael jackson in 1996 - really big opportunity over the next couple of weeks to set the single season records

but quietly hollywood is 5th in receptions and only needs 2 more receptions to become 3rd all time in single-season receptions

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Decent contract too. We'd have paid him around $4M on a 2nd rounder tender next year anyways.

basically EDC's equivalent of the James Hurst contract

that's incredible value and some really nice future stability - someone we can be confident in at RT even if we dont want him to be the starter - we've seen how valuable it is to be able to trust your depth at tackle (and to have depth at tackle) and i think this contract is basically confirmation that Mekari is our swing tackle (and general utility OL) who we'd be content with starting

brilliant signing that i was not expecting at all

interesting though timing-wise that this happened after they just shut-down jawuan james for the year (probably just coincidence and it's just a classic EDC end of year savvy signing)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Decent contract too. We'd have paid him around $4M on a 2nd rounder tender next year anyways.

Good deal by EDC. I'm assuming he'll be our Right Tackle going forward which I'm ok with. He held his own there and he'll only get better as the years go on. Makes me wonder if we are negotiating with Bozeman as well.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hollywood is worth that and more.

Agreed, but that’s my point . The contracts awarded so far have all been fair but will start to add up. Lamar’s structure will be interesting, but my original thought was Hollywood could be the odd man out based on financials

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed, but that’s my point . The contracts awarded so far have all been fair but will start to add up. Lamar’s structure will be interesting, but my original thought was Hollywood could be the odd man out based on financials

I just don't believe it's a wise idea to let your franchise's best WR go after having so many troubles over so many years finding said WR.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I just don't believe it's a wise idea to let your franchise's best WR go after having so many troubles over so many years finding said WR.
I love your sig