• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It will be delayed. All of it will. Nfl has enough bad PR, and this thing is going to ramp up to ugly levels in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ve been following this closely since January, seen live-streams from Wuhan hospitals and shit, have in-laws living in Italy in contact with us, the draft straight up might be postponed if we go the way of literally every other country who mishandled it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It will be delayed. All of it will. Nfl has enough bad PR, and this thing is going to ramp up to ugly levels in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ve been following this closely since January, seen live-streams from Wuhan hospitals and shit, have in-laws living in Italy in contact with us, the draft straight up might be postponed if we go the way of literally every other country who mishandled it

that's what i would be expecting - im surprised about free agency - would be more surprised if the draft took place as scheduled

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want to put this in perspective. Humans kills hundreds of millions of animals a day.
It's basically a new virus thats like flu 2.0 and the body will eventually build a herd immunity from it like with the flu

this is hysteria and nonsense.

Attachments

• 90061920_2706567049462396_7400062895335145472_o.jpg
    90061920_2706567049462396_7400062895335145472_o.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 129

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just want to put this in perspective. Humans kills hundreds of millions of animals a day.
It's basically a new virus thats like flu 2.0 and the body will eventually build a herd immunity from it like with the flu

you dont get herd immunity with either 95% vaccination or without having people contract the virus and survive - a vaccine likely wont be available until 2021 and having people contract the virus is a sure-fire way to have lots of immuno-compromised people die

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
you dont get herd immunity with either 95% vaccination or without having people contract the virus and survive - a vaccine likely wont be available until 2021 and having people contract the virus is a sure-fire way to have lots of immuno-compromised people die

This virus has a 98% survival rate. It's new so it's easily contagious. It will pass and unless you're over 75 and not in the best of health ( and even then the survival rates are 88% plus) you'll be fine

This has been overblown. Sure, most people will get this virus at some point now but it's prognosis is flu 2.0. It's new so the body will eventually adjust.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we were talking about a virus that was as contagious as this ( airborne too) and was deadly as SARS or MERS

I'd be like yeah, this is hysteria that is totally warranted and more is required.
but it's really just a new flu.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

This is bullshit and a reckless narrative that has resulted in pandemic status.

This is far more infectious than the flu, the mortality rate is much higher, and it comes with no existing immunity and unknown long term effects.

Italy’s medical system has collapsed as a result of this bullshit narrative you’re spreading. Jackasses go about their daily routine like nothing is happening while this sleeping giant with an incubation period of 2-4 weeks is spreading like mad, and then you have 100 cases one week, 500 the next, 1000 the week after, and then bam you have 10000 cases a few days later and it’s too late to stop the spread.

italy had 10000 cases Wednesday, 15000 cases Friday, they’re leaving critical patients in the hallways because they’re out of beds, they’re choosing who lives and dies as soon as the test results come in.

we’re already past the breaking point here in the US and we are about as unprepared as you can get, because we have brushed it off as “less dangerous than the flu” for 2 months when we should’ve been preparing.

what happened in China is no flu outbreak, 60million people barricaded in the Hubei province in order to stop the spread. I saw actual live streams of hospital workers in hazmat suits dumping corpses on the sidewalk in front of the hospital, A doctor laying dead in a hallway lined with corpses, this is no ordinary flu.

and even if it is, the flu is devastating, and even more devastating with no herd immunity, if this is equal to that then yes we have a huge deal, but the reality is that it’s much worse.

And since when did we suddenly become so desensitized? Do you wanna run your mouth about how it only kills old people then watch your grandparents die from it? I sure as shit don’t.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Incorrect.

The flu ( influenza familly) is an old one that killed far more than this virus is rate wise and that's even after thousands of years.

This corona strain is super contagious but unlike SARS and MERS it's mortality rate is no different to any disease affecting older aged people.

The hysteria is this. Heart disease in 2 weeks will kill more than this virus in 8 months.

When the flu virus as we know it today ( influenza) first came on to the scene it was far more deadly than this. The herd immunity takes time to take shape and now this virus is around 3/4 of what this corona is ( in truth its more dangerous than the corona as the corona has little 0 effect on anyone under 40 outside of flu like passings).

Influenza was far more deadly when it first came to the scene than this virus.

guess what? the only aspect of these disease which is annoying is how contagious it is BUT that will change as more people get the virus. It's how biology works.

Life and death is nothing personal. It's what makes us part of this world. Saving everyone sounds great but that's not or ever will be how and what made us who we are today

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
When something is new and super contagious it will obviously have dramatic looking numbers of cases as the body doesnt recognize it. Gotta beat it TO BEAT IT

but the truth is that this is a lesser version of what the modern day flu (influenza) was thousands of years ago. Influenza has been greatly handled by the human body it's evolution. Be grateful that this isn't a contagious virus THAT IS ALSO deadly.

this is just an annoyance which will pass. Humans do far worse to all life than this virus

and hey if one day we get our asses whooped by a virus

Nature has the last shot.

relax

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
When something is new and super contagious it will obviously have dramatic looking numbers of cases as the body doesnt recognize it. Gotta beat it TO BEAT IT

but the truth is that this is a lesser version of what the modern day flu (influenza) was thousands of years ago. Influenza has been greatly handled by the human body it's evolution. Be grateful that this isn't a contagious virus THAT IS ALSO deadly.

this is just an annoyance which will pass. Humans do far worse to all life than this virus

relax
While I agree with the overall premise, the reality is that none of this matters when it comes to the reactions of the public.

If the people who are trained and knowledgeable in advanced disease spread, pandemics, etc. indicate that the best course of action is to avoid large public gatherings, exercise personal hygiene, etc., then that's what we should be doing. Neither you nor I are qualified to argue against it.

While the "perspective" aspect of acknowledging that there are many, many things that kill more people is admirable, its also largely irrelevant. We have an opportunity, through pretty simply choices, to kill less people. The barometer by which we measure how successful we are at reducing the impact of a virus shouldn't be measured by total deaths, and especially not by caring the number of deaths to other viruses, pandemics, etc.

People have and will continue to die from this, and that's largely unavoidable. But if we take certain pretty simple actions, and actually as a society take responsibility for our actions, the number of deaths and infected people may remain in the thousands, as opposed to be in the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, etc.

The fact that more people die from influenza or heart disease doesn't mean we should spend all of our resources on those things, and ignore the coronavirus.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I agree with the overall premise, the reality is that none of this matters when it comes to the reactions of the public.

If the people who are trained and knowledgeable in advanced disease spread, pandemics, etc. indicate that the best course of action is to avoid large public gatherings, exercise personal hygiene, etc., then that's what we should be doing. Neither you nor I are qualified to argue against it.

While the "perspective" aspect of acknowledging that there are many, many things that kill more people is admirable, its also largely irrelevant. We have an opportunity, through pretty simply choices, to kill less people. The barometer by which we measure how successful we are at reducing the impact of a virus shouldn't be measured by total deaths, and especially not by caring the number of deaths to other viruses, pandemics, etc.

People have and will continue to die from this, and that's largely unavoidable. But if we take certain pretty simple actions, and actually as a society take responsibility for our actions, the number of deaths and infected people may remain in the thousands, as opposed to be in the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, etc.

The fact that more people die from influenza or heart disease doesn't mean we should spend all of our resources on those things, and ignore the coronavirus.

You see though, this is how nature works. I know humans have 0 respect or connection with the natural world and take it all so personal but the reality is that we're not immortal and if 2% of people over the age of 80 who have bad health to begin with succumb to this virus then I hate to say it but be grateful it's not something that's going to wipe us out ala black plague( wiped out half of europe and then herd immunity kicked in)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

relax

it's not like the flu in a few major ways but in terms of the human response to it there's 1 major major difference - we have new flu jabs every year that help contain the spread - we consistently have the ability to create immunisation with the flu

we do not have any way of stopping the spread right now without major society altering decisions including social distancing

if we we in the UK were to actually end up taking on a 'herd immunity' type police (which is currently what our government is proposing) it would be expected that over 60% of our population would become infected, based on the mortality rates recorded so far in other countries 3% of those infected will die (a plurality of whom will be older and/or immuno-compromised people) - to extrapolate those numbers in the UK that would mean 800,000 people will die if the government doesnt take more serious actions that are being proposed by world leading epidimiologists

your government has taken basically no action at all since the outbreak - 11,000 tests in a population of over 320 million is the lowest in the world per capita

you have a population around 5 times as large as the UK with hardly any community spread prevention in place - that's a recipe for disaster and your health system will not be able to cope just like no other countries's so far has been able to

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You see though, this is how nature works. I know humans have 0 respect or connection with the natural world and take it all so personal but the reality is that we're not immortal and if 2% of people over the age of 80 who have bad health to begin with succumb to this virus then I hate to say it but be grateful it's not something that's going to wipe us out ala black plague( wiped out half of europe and then herd immunity kicked in)

people are going to die from preventable conditions because of this outbreak - i understand that humanity will survive - what i dont understand is how you can so easily accept the preventable deaths of many vulnerable people... because it is the most vulnerable who will be killed by covid-19

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's not like the flu in a few major ways but in terms of the human response to it there's 1 major major difference - we have new flu jabs every year that help contain the spread - we consistently have the ability to create immunisation with the flu

we do not have any way of stopping the spread right now without major society altering decisions including social distancing

if we we in the UK were to actually end up taking on a 'herd immunity' type police (which is currently what our government is proposing) it would be expected that over 60% of our population would become infected, based on the mortality rates recorded so far in other countries 3% of those infected will die (a plurality of whom will be older and/or immuno-compromised people) - to extrapolate those numbers in the UK that would mean 800,000 people will die if the government doesnt take more serious actions that are being proposed by world leading epidimiologists

your government has taken basically no action at all since the outbreak - 11,000 tests in a population of over 320 million is the lowest in the world per capita

you have a population around 5 times as large as the UK with hardly any community spread prevention in place - that's a recipe for disaster and your health system will not be able to cope just like no other countries's so far has been able to

I've not been vaccinated for the flu. Vaccinations use antigens. Good for the short term, long term? issues.
The law of nature doesnt change to suit us. BY constantly vaccinating for everything we're going to not only create newer and deadlier viruses that manipulate themselves, we're also going to lose the DNA memory synthesis of FIGHTING disease organically. ( with every passing generation)

I dont get the flu. I've been travelling and I was on a flight that ended up having people diagnosed with the coronavirus. I don't have it. I checked for the emotional well being of my familly and others.

I'm a nutritionist and this is what you do. A good dose of true liposomal vitamin C and Grass fed colostrum with room temperature water ( good quality water like fiji water) in the morning. Magnesium intake or transdermal oil. Pre and Pro biotics ( lactobacillius reuteri among others)
Good ratio of vitamin A and D ( hormones) with vitmain K.

You'll be fine.

Stop underestimating the human body. Our responsbility is to not take shortcuts but understand our body and optmize our health

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've not been vaccinated for the flu. Vaccinations use antigens. Good for the short term, long term? issues.
The law of nature doesnt change to suit us. BY constantly vaccinating for everything we're going to not only create newer and deadlier viruses that manipulate themselves, we're also going to lose the DNA memory synthesis of FIGHTING disease organically. ( with every passing generation)

I dont get the flu. I've been travelling and I was on a flight that ended up having people diagnosed with the coronavirus. I don't have it. I checked for the emotional well being of my familly and others.

I'm a nutritionist and this is what you do. A good dose of true liposomal vitamin C and Grass fed colostrum with room temperature water ( good quality water like fiji water) in the morning. Magnesium intake or transdermal oil. Pre and Pro biotics ( lactobacillius reuteri among others)
Good ratio of vitamin A and D ( hormones) with vitmain K.

You'll be fine.

Stop underestimating the human body. Our responsbility is to not take shortcuts but understand our body and optmize our health

that's not how vaccines work dude...

the other reason you dont get the flu is because herd immunity exists with regards to the flu because enough people in the population have been immunised or have a pre-existing immunity

that and the fact that flu symptoms are quick onset so you know when you have the flu and naturally self-isolate because you feel shitty - covid-19 does not have quick onset symptoms in most cases which means that you can have and carry the virus for days before it shows symptoms and all that time you've been spreading it

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's not how vaccines work dude...

the other reason you dont get the flu is because herd immunity exists with regards to the flu because enough people in the population have been immunised or have a pre-existing immunity

that and the fact that flu symptoms are quick onset so you know when you have the flu and naturally self-isolate because you feel shitty - covid-19 does not have quick onset symptoms in most cases which means that you can have and carry the virus for days before it shows symptoms and all that time you've been spreading it

Vaccinations in a mechanistic way work by using the virus against the virus. So it's recognised by the body and attacked efffienctly.

yes, you're correct about the flu.

my point is that the Influenza virus ( the modern flu) when it first came out kiled far more. It was more deadly in it's debut than this virus.
I know about the incubation periods, it doesn't change the overall trajectory.

I also know that a good diet, understanding of the immune system, taking the right amount of immune support and stop eating crap will go a long way in building that herd immunity quicker. ( for this one)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our responsibility as human beings is to build an immune system that doesn't require a vaccine.

that means understanding all the layers of what creates homeostasis.

95% of humanity has 0 interest in that.