• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Incorrect.

The flu ( influenza familly) is an old one that killed far more than this virus is rate wise and that's even after thousands of years.

This corona strain is super contagious but unlike SARS and MERS it's mortality rate is no different to any disease affecting older aged people.

The hysteria is this. Heart disease in 2 weeks will kill more than this virus in 8 months.

When the flu virus as we know it today ( influenza) first came on to the scene it was far more deadly than this. The herd immunity takes time to take shape and now this virus is around 3/4 of what this corona is ( in truth its more dangerous than the corona as the corona has little 0 effect on anyone under 40 outside of flu like passings).

Influenza was far more deadly when it first came to the scene than this virus.

guess what? the only aspect of these disease which is annoying is how contagious it is BUT that will change as more people get the virus. It's how biology works.

Life and death is nothing personal. It's what makes us part of this world. Saving everyone sounds great but that's not or ever will be how and what made us who we are today
Italy’s mortality rate right now is 6%

worldwide its around 3% give or take(they keep moving the goalposts on this so it’s hard to give a concrete number at any given time)

the flu is less than 1%

what are you saying...

Also, the difference is the sudden exponential increases in those showing symptoms, and the fact that no action will be taken prior to said outbreaks means that even after the initial surge, you can expect 2-3 more weeks of exponential increase in illnesses. The problem isn’t just the mortality rate or any numbers associated with the illness itself, the problem is that no medical infrastructure on earth can handle the amount of care needed to treat patients during the hottest weeks of the outbreaks UNLESS they prepared during the “calm before the storm”(example, South Korea). The Exponential growth of illnesses, means exponential growth of critical patients, and the lack of preparedness from medical systems means an exponential increase in deaths because critical patients are being left to die.

seriously, what you and many others are failing to understand is that it’s not about whether us healthy 20 and 30 somethings will live, it’s the big picture, look at all of society and do your Goddamn due diligence to help minimize, it’s on all of us and the ones preventing progress are the ones calling it a common cold and spreading misinformation.

we will see in 2 weeks just how goddamn stupid this all sounds

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Italy’s mortality rate right now is 6%

worldwide its around 3% give or take(they keep moving the goalposts on this so it’s hard to give a concrete number at any given time)

the flu is less than 1%

what are you saying...

Also, the difference is the sudden exponential increases in those showing symptoms, and the fact that no action will be taken prior to said outbreaks means that even after the initial surge, you can expect 2-3 more weeks of exponential increase in illnesses. The problem isn’t just the mortality rate or any numbers associated with the illness itself, the problem is that no medical infrastructure on earth can handle the amount of care needed to treat patients during the hottest weeks of the outbreaks UNLESS they prepared during the “calm before the storm”(example, South Korea). The Exponential growth of illnesses, means exponential growth of critical patients, and the lack of preparedness from medical systems means an exponential increase in deaths because critical patients are being left to die.

seriously, what you and many others are failing to understand is that it’s not about whether us healthy 20 and 30 somethings will live, it’s the big picture, look at all of society and do your Goddamn due diligence to help minimize, it’s on all of us and the ones preventing progress are the ones calling it a common cold and spreading misinformation.

we will see in 2 weeks just how goddamn stupid this all sounds

The flu is around 1.4% these days but when it was as new as this virus it was well documented in historical texts that it was far, far more deadly.

Yes, I i agree with the infrastructure issues.

Yes, numbers will rise for the next month or two and I predict that there will be a substantial decline in cases from june onwards and by the end of the year it will be sporadic at best.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The flu is around 1.4% these days but when it was as new as this virus it was well documented in historical texts that it was far, far more deadly.

Yes, numbers will rise for the next month or two and I predict that there will be a substantial decline in cases from june onwards and by the end of the year it will be sporadic at best.

it's a pointless comparison because modern medicine and modern medical practices didn't exist nor did the internet and widespread information when that happened

there are no excuses for not mitigating what's happening now

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's a pointless comparison because modern medicine and modern medical practices didn't exist nor did the internet and widespread information when that happened

there are no excuses for not mitigating what's happening now

yup, we;ve turned into pussies

Old School humans just let it be and won overall.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
giphy.gif

I said this as a joke at the beginning of the year when he was let go by the Raiders.

In a perfect world man..............

lmfao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It will be hard to predict that the uprise stops in a month or two, the US doesn’t shut shit down, and the majority of our population has this attitude that going about your daily life and keep your nose to the grindstone is the only way.

wanna hear some bullshit? I work in the general public every day, I work literally with doors often(access control tech) and am constantly at restaurants and hotels and office lobby’s and doctors offices, there aren’t many people more at risk than someone like myself, and I’m literally sitting at a fucking retirement home right now for a menial task, fixing a problem that has a workaround as simple as using a key instead of a fob, a fucking retirement home.

THAT is why I have such a problem, it’s not the disease itself, but society, they fucking refuse to adapt for a short time no matter how small a change it requires.

my job is non essential and it is heavily public and hands on, keep people like us the fuck home for a week, or at the very least away from nursing homes where I myself could be the cause of a hundred deaths just for talking in the wrong direction if I happened to have picked it up from one of the hundred people I’ve dealt with this week.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It will be hard to predict that the uprise stops in a month or two, the US doesn’t shut shit down, and the majority of our population has this attitude that going about your daily life and keep your nose to the grindstone is the only way.

wanna hear some bullshit? I work in the general public every day, I work literally with doors often(access control tech) and am constantly at restaurants and hotels and office lobby’s and doctors offices, there aren’t many people more at risk than someone like myself, and I’m literally sitting at a fucking retirement home right now for a menial task, fixing a problem that has a workaround as simple as using a key instead of a fob, a fucking retirement home.

THAT is why I have such a problem, it’s not the disease itself, but society, they fucking refuse to adapt for a short time no matter how small a change it requires.

my job is non essential and it is heavily public and hands on, keep people like us the fuck home for a week, or at the very least away from nursing homes where I myself could be the cause of a hundred deaths just for talking in the wrong direction if I happened to have picked it up from one of the hundred people I’ve dealt with this week.

I hear you. I understand completely esp within that context.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
yup, we;ve turned into pussies

Old School humans just let it be and won overall.
dude, old school humans lived to be 45 on average and didn't live in cities with 5+ million people spreading disease. Don't even go there if you don't know what you're talking about.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
dude, old school humans lived to be 45 on average and didn't live in cities with 5+ million people spreading disease. Don't even go there if you don't know what you're talking about.

ahh, you see... Generational Epigenetics. The battles they faced created the sturdy genomes we have today. Who we are today didn't happen overnight.

This is my ''strong suit'' fellas. The mistakes we are currently making with our relationships with nature, health and so forth will be more obvious in 3-4 generations. Some are already apparent from GMO based diets along with sugar and fertilized grains, vaccinations etc from the last 40-50 years

Interesting study that male sperm count is at an all time low compared to records dating back the last 80 years.

This stuff is happening. You may not be alive to see the clearcut repercussions of the results but this is how life works.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Judon officially getting the tag. WOOOO! FA NEWS!

was about to come here and say the same - we have some clarity albeit this wasnt unexpected but it does take one of the options off the table

we're now left with:

1) tag and play
2) tag and trade
3) long-term deal

as the the outcomes

but for now at least we have some clarity about what sort of cap space we have to deal with