• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can you imagine being upset about getting 16 million? ( like judon probably is)

Goes to show people in this sport are ungrateful and have lost perspective.

Another mental health issue.

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Time to trade

Simba

Staff Member
Even if he was unhappy, I understand the gripe. $16M is a lot but if it's preventing me from making $60M in guarantees with long term security, I'd be unhappy too.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even if he was unhappy, I understand the gripe. $16M is a lot but if it's preventing me from making $60M in guarantees with long term security, I'd be unhappy too.

and theres the sickness

16 million not enough for your lifetime? along with ¥øur kids and familly?

Bullshit. Unless you want to waste that money on things you don't need like a saudi sheikh

Simba

Staff Member
and theres the sickness

16 million not enough for your lifetime? along with ¥øur kids and familly?

Bullshit. Unless you want to waste that money on things you don't need like a saudi sheikh

It's enough but that doesn't mean I'm going to just be cool with $44M sitting on the table in this example.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's enough but that doesn't mean I'm going to just be cool with $44M sitting on the table in this example.

I guess im wired differently. I'm not addicted to money and if someone gave me enough for my life I'd not even care about how much more i could have. If someone gave me a surplus i'd give it away to people who need it more than me.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
as someone who has recently had the flu atleast 3x, last time i had which was maybe 1.5 yrs ago.. was the worst feeling ever.. 2nd to only a toothache..idgaf about the survival rate, that shit dont feel good. Even worse, doctor bills, missing work/class and being in bed rest type of shit.. i can only imagine this coronavirus. Like dam you really gotta be quarantined lol. Even worse it only seems like its one strain of it so we have yet to see if we start turning into zombies lol

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if we are going down the tag and trade route then my guess is we'll know fairly soon (if the league year continues as planned) because we'll want the cap space available that we now dont have in order to get some guys in free agency - unless the FO knows that whatever happens we wont be doing much in free agency in the first couple of weeks anyway...

but you'd want any trade to happen pre-draft so that any potential picks would be in this year's draft class

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
as someone who has recently had the flu atleast 3x, last time i had which was maybe 1.5 yrs ago.. was the worst feeling ever.. 2nd to only a toothache..idgaf about the survival rate, that shit dont feel good. Even worse, doctor bills, missing work/class and being in bed rest type of shit.. i can only imagine this coronavirus. Like dam you really gotta be quarantined lol. Even worse it only seems like its one strain of it so we have yet to see if we start turning into zombies lol

actually the coronavirus can be a lot milder symptoms-wise than the flu for most people.

Simba

Staff Member
I guess im wired differently. I'm not addicted to money and if someone gave me enough for my life I'd not even care about how much more i could have. If someone gave me a surplus i'd give it away to people who need it more than me.

Neither am I. I'm a pretty simple person overall. I'd treat myself on some things, but most of that would be donated. I can do a lot more good with $60M than I could with $16M. And it's also a principle thing. I'll take the money and do more than the owners would by keeping that in their pockets. I'd be grateful but consider the alternative as well - the super wealthy keep even more money.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Neither am I. I'm a pretty simple person overall. I'd treat myself on some things, but most of that would be donated. I can do a lot more good with $60M than I could with $16M. And it's also a principle thing. I'll take the money and do more than the owners would by keeping that in their pockets. I'd be grateful but consider the alternative as well - the super wealthy keep even more money.

Hey if you take 60 million and do great things for people, communities, animals etc with a large chunk of that im all for it

but call me skeptical thats not how a lot of these athletes would approach things.