• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Given the hypothetical choice would you pay Ridley or Hollywood?

no idea what's going on with ridley right now beyond the vague "mental health" that means he had to step away - and while i think it's admirable that he's doing that and taking that time for himself i think you'd have to do due diligence before you even think about paying him whereas with hollywood there's literally nothing you have questions about

also with ridley it's going to cost a pick or 2 to get him so... id rather save the picks

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Given the hypothetical choice would you pay Ridley or Hollywood?

Ridley’s routes are so nasty. I know he had the case of the dropsies in college and earlier in his career. Not sure if it’s all fixed yet. Hollywood been steadily improving. I’ll probably go hollywood

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
no idea what's going on with ridley right now beyond the vague "mental health" that means he had to step away - and while i think it's admirable that he's doing that and taking that time for himself i think you'd have to do due diligence before you even think about paying him whereas with hollywood there's literally nothing you have questions about

also with ridley it's going to cost a pick or 2 to get him so... id rather save the picks

Ridley’s routes are so nasty. I know he had the case of the dropsies in college and earlier in his career. Not sure if it’s all fixed yet. Hollywood been steadily improving. I’ll probably go hollywood
And with Hollywood, he's practically best friends with Lamar. Prior to the MIA game, he was basically emerging as a top flight WR before our eyes. No need to fuck up the chemistry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

As good as Ridley is, the "mental health" issue is a question mark for the present and the future.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
As good as Ridley is, the "mental health" issue is a question mark for the present and the future.

Agreed. It’s a business first , I’d look at it the same way as a guy recovering from injury. Only problem is you have tangible results with bones and ligaments. Not so much with mental health so it’s even riskier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah and I don’t want to stigmatise against people with mental health issues because it’s no joke but it’s going to factor into future thoughts about availability and that obviously impacts decision-making because the nfl season is so short

I don’t think your stigmatizing people with mental health. It’s just reality. I still think we’re a few decades away from effective diagnosis and treatment. An example being an autopsy of the brain is the only way to determine something like CTE. Eventually we’ll look back at this time and shake our heads wondering why we let things get so bad.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t think your stigmatizing people with mental health. It’s just reality. I still think we’re a few decades away from effective diagnosis and treatment. An example being an autopsy of the brain is the only way to determine something like CTE. Eventually we’ll look back at this time and shake our heads wondering why we let things get so bad.

Although we may be some years away, I don't believe it is going to be decades. With modern medicine getting better every year with more targeted treatments and the use of precision medicine, I believe it is closer than you think to solving mental health in addition to solving many cancers, Alzheimer and other health related issues. Being able to treat the person, rather than give a one size fits all treatment is currently happening and getting better at a rapid pace.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although we may be some years away, I don't believe it is going to be decades. With modern medicine getting better every year with more targeted treatments and the use of precision medicine, I believe it is closer than you think to solving mental health in addition to solving many cancers, Alzheimer and other health related issues. Being able to treat the person, rather than give a one size fits all treatment is currently happening and getting better at a rapid pace.

I hope your right. Alzheimer’s would be huge!! I’m just not sure we humans can ever unfuck our priorities and focus on the important stuff

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope your right. Alzheimer’s would be huge!! I’m just not sure we humans can ever unfuck our priorities and focus on the important stuff

lol, my mother passed to Alzheimers and yes that would be huge. As many humans can't seem to put their priorities in focus, there are many geniuses out there that are working 25 hours a day on this. The innovation that is going into this is incredible. Lets not forget preventing some of these issues via use of DNA sequencing.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
And with Hollywood, he's practically best friends with Lamar. Prior to the MIA game, he was basically emerging as a top flight WR before our eyes. No need to fuck up the chemistry.

Yessir! Him and Lamar watching film on the team plane after the lions game where Hollywood was in his own head was dope to see.

I wonder whats Hollywood’s price tag is going to be when his contract is up. Somewhere around 14-16 mil annually?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
will be whatever the veteran minimum for his years in the league would be

Does he have the ability to negotiate that number? It doesn’t sound like it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
ESPN has brought up twice now that today is a chance for Huntley to earn a contract next year. I don’t think they know what their talking about since he is an ERFA.

I’m pretty sure he can’t sign else where unless we don’t offer him a contract , which should be at the low price of the vet min.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ESPN has brought up twice now that today is a chance for Huntley to earn a contract next year. I don’t think they know what their talking about since he is an ERFA.

I’m pretty sure he can’t sign else where unless we don’t offer him a contract , which should be at the low price of the vet min.

exactly. We signed him as an UDFA in 2020.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he cant go anywhere next year unless we dont offer him a contract
and even the year after he'll be an RFA which means that depending on what contract we tender him a team will have to potentially give us a pick to take him away from us

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flores got a raw deal from Miami. He overachieved in Miami with a poor roster. I’m sure he finds work quickly

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Cancer will never be “solved” my friend, too much money to be made off of it unfortunately