• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Oh man… you’ve never been to a ravens game… pre Lamar days the standard fan in attendance had a knockoff ray Lewis jersey tucked into their purple camo pants.
Lol, that’s funny. Now the standard fan shows up lookin’ like this. Lol

Attachments

• A51973AA-93E8-4518-935A-91AC260E81B4.png
    A51973AA-93E8-4518-935A-91AC260E81B4.png
    93 KB · Views: 80

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
John’s no where near the hot seat. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to make this comment, but noticed you already did. I'll add that he'd have multiple interviews lined up before he reached his car.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if we don't hire internally, than it will be interesting to see what happens to Peters and if Clark will continue to have the green dot.

With all the change going on, on the defense this offseason, it was the perfect time to let Wink go.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they hire Wink's replacement in house I'm thinking somebody was gunning for him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they hire Wink's replacement in house I'm thinking somebody was gunning for him.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was done to promote a specific person so he doesn't jump ship for a higher position.

Looking at the in house guys, Weaver has past experience as a DC, and did pretty well. He got Clowney into the probowl.

marklar

Pro Bowler
That was surprising.
My unsubstantiated speculation: Perhaps the lack of interest during the HC hiring season made Wink realize he needs to do something else to get an HC job in the future. E.g. look for a college HC job to get back to the NFL later? (wild speculation since I'm really surprised)
Good coach, sad to see him leave, but it will be interesting to see who they hire and see what philosophy the next guy deploys; that might give us an indication of Harbs wanted to do something different.

Reactions: cdp