• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’m not feeling this.

Maybe because he came to camp overweight before and then took a year off after signing a big deal with the Vikings. Let’s hope he’s in the best shape and kills it

Simba

Staff Member
I’m not feeling this.

Maybe because he came to camp overweight before and then took a year off after signing a big deal with the Vikings. Let’s hope he’s in the best shape and kills it

He took the year off because some of his family was in that high risk category. Hard to pin that against him.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well it was fun to watch the fanbase turn, almost immediately, from "ZaDarius is our savior" to "this guy sucks" in a matter of hours. Too "on brand" for Ravens fans.

As it were, I was in on the "I'm not a fan of the signing" train before it was cool. We've got like 8 picks in the first four rounds of this draft. Draft 3-4 pass rushers and at least 1-2 of them will be good.

Rather see us sign a Center and focus on defense, defense, and more defense in the draft. Still need multiple Corners, a bunch of pass rushers , most of your Dline, and a few linebackers to get.

If I'm going for pass rusher in FA, I'd rather see us go BIG, not medium or small.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not feeling this.

he opted out because of covid - he has asthma and had pneumonia in 2017

and i dont remember anyone complaining about pierce once we got into the 2019 season - obviously coming into camp 30lbs overweight isnt great but ultimately didnt affect his performance on the field that year

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well it was fun to watch the fanbase turn, almost immediately, from "ZaDarius is our savior" to "this guy sucks" in a matter of hours. Too "on brand" for Ravens fans.

As it were, I was in on the "I'm not a fan of the signing" train before it was cool. We've got like 8 picks in the first four rounds of this draft. Draft 3-4 pass rushers and at least 1-2 of them will be good.

Rather see us sign a Center and focus on defense, defense, and more defense in the draft. Still need multiple Corners, a bunch of pass rushers , most of your Dline, and a few linebackers to get.

If I'm going for pass rusher in FA, I'd rather see us go BIG, not medium or small.
Completely agree

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I will say this as well instead of replying to each individual person-

I blame the media, honestly, for the fan reaction.

The legal tampering period is not binding and it's akin to a handshake. People need to understand that, but the media should also wait until pen is to paper. Of course, in the media world where things have to come out ASAP, that won't happen.

Conversely, the Ravens had to see this coming. They tried to get a VERY team friendly deal and slip it in fast before Jones and Von signed. Those two signed sooner than the Ravens would have liked, but that's a risk you take when trying to offer such a lowball offer.
I'll take responsibility for how I acted. I was UNAPOLGETICALLY excited to see that a guy that I was trying to speak into existence of returning as a Raven come into fruition. I definitely should've realized that the tampering period was a "agreement on principle" period.

I'll definitely have to hamper my emotions going forward.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just hope he’s in football shape, idk about that dude with his conditioning.

I’ll take Goldman too. Pierce, Goldman, Bozeman, Calais, and then draft a pass rusher. That’s actually plausible and I wouldn’t be mad

Simba

Staff Member

Want a cookie?

Simba

Staff Member

I’ll take Goldman too. Pierce, Goldman, Bozeman, Calais, and then draft a pass rusher. That’s actually plausible and I wouldn’t be mad

Goldman feels like overkill in this scenario unless he's coming for the minimum or close to it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

I think that's too many DL of you still have Wolfe, Madabuike, and Washington no? But totally agree with the sentiment, I'm not at all sweating the ZDS fiasco

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Pierce and Goldman would be welcome additions. With the loss of ZD I really hope we get a center in FA. I was willing to stomach not having one since ZD agreed to come here but now that he bailed I would like to see us get a C.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pierce and Goldman would be welcome additions. With the loss of ZD I really hope we get a center in FA. I was willing to stomach not having one since ZD agreed to come here but now that he bailed I would like to see us get a C.

got to for sure - i have a feeling this pierce deal is small enough that it was probably unaffected by the ZDS deal despite what josina reported yesterday