• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Feels weird coming of a draft with a bunch of holes still, but at least most are short term-ish. Almost feels like those Daryl Smiths EDC referenced will be coming at some or all of WR, ILB, Edge, and CB.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Feels weird coming of a draft with a bunch of holes still, but at least most are short term-ish. Almost feels like those Daryl Smiths EDC referenced will be coming at some or all of WR, ILB, Edge, and CB.
Probably all of those but ILB. ILB gets either a UDFA or Chuck Clark

Simba

Staff Member
Probably all of those but ILB. ILB gets either a UDFA or Chuck Clark
ILB is certainly the least of my concern out of the group. Think that's one where you let the young guys and UDFAs fight it out and adjust later if none step up.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ILB is certainly the least of my concern out of the group. Think that's one where you let the young guys and UDFAs fight it out and adjust later if none step up.
Completely agree. Personally I think EDGE is most important, followed by WR, then CB, then ILB

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
NKeal Harry and Andy Isabella are being shopped. I assume they'd both come incredibly cheap.

Does Harry have any chance of being the number 3 option in this offense behind Andrews and Bateman?

I remember many of us were really high on Isabella before that draft but he just hasn't done anything and idk why. Guy can fly though. Is he worth like a 6th round pick next year?

Both are at least realistic options as they're being actively shopped.

Simba

Staff Member
NKeal Harry and Andy Isabella are being shopped. I assume they'd both come incredibly cheap.

Does Harry have any chance of being the number 3 option in this offense behind Andrews and Bateman?

I remember many of us were really high on Isabella before that draft but he just hasn't done anything and idk why. Guy can fly though. Is he worth like a 6th round pick next year?

Both are at least realistic options as they're being actively shopped.
I just don't see it with Harry. That's a guy that's been given opportunity after opportunity and hasn't done anything with it.

Isabella is more interesting just because Arizona hasn't really used him and when they have, he hasn't been used well. I think he ultimately ends up cut though so I wouldn't give up anything for him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I just don't see it with Harry. That's a guy that's been given opportunity after opportunity and hasn't done anything with it.

Isabella is more interesting just because Arizona hasn't really used him and when they have, he hasn't been used well. I think he ultimately ends up cut though so I wouldn't give up anything for him.
You're not wrong Harry has just never gone out there and done it. But do you think that has to do with the Patriots being somewhat I ept on offense and poor QB play generally?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The cards gave Isabella 38 snaps in 2021. What is that? Is he that bad or has he just been so surplus to their real deep corps for a few years now?

If you look at his incredibly small number of highlights in Arizona, they look like his college ones. He's open way down field.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I spent the entire weekend saying he's the only rookie contract receiver I think youd be happy to actually pay a second contract to
I don't know if the Hollywood trade was inevitable with or without the request on his part, but I certainly get the feeling the Ravens are not interested in paying the market value prices for receivers they're seeing today, and especially not for alpha-type WRs, which I don't think Hollywood or McLaurin are.

Could argue the best strategy is either to pay an elite WR $25-30M, or don't pay anybody at all and just keep drafting them.

Simba

Staff Member
OK largely not buying that one either. Not saying trading him doesn't make sense, but I seriously doubt there were rifts between the two prior to the draft.
And a further tweet that he’s been unhappy with his contract. As he should be - that turned into a pretty team friendly deal.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't know if the Hollywood trade was inevitable with or without the request on his part, but I certainly get the feeling the Ravens are not interested in paying the market value prices for receivers they're seeing today, and especially not for alpha-type WRs, which I don't think Hollywood or McLaurin are.

Could argue the best strategy is either to pay an elite WR $25-30M, or don't pay anybody at all and just keep drafting them.
I agree with everything you said except that fact that Terry isn't that guy. I personally think he's a top receiver. You might not and I'd respect that.