• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
OK largely not buying that one either. Not saying trading him doesn't make sense, but I seriously doubt there were rifts between the two prior to the draft.
After JLC tweeted people started asking Jeff and he somewhat corroborated. You can probably find those tweets

Simba

Staff Member
After JLC tweeted people started asking Jeff and he somewhat corroborated. You can probably find those tweets
Yep. Didn't come out with the "oh my god Chuck is getting traded for sure" rhetoric but acknowledged that there has been some discontent throughout the offseason and drafting Hamilton could end up pushing Chuck out IF there's a trade deal to be made.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep. Didn't come out with the "oh my god Chuck is getting traded for sure" rhetoric but acknowledged that there has been some discontent throughout the offseason and drafting Hamilton could end up pushing Chuck out IF there's a trade deal to be made.

if he wants out and the team can get some value back in a trade then i think the hamilton pick opens that up as an option

Simba

Staff Member
if he wants out and the team can get some value back in a trade then i think the hamilton pick opens that up as an option
Would be very curious to see who the defensive signal caller becomes if this does become case. You have some part time LBers and 2 Ss that are new to the team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Would be very curious to see who the defensive signal caller becomes if this does become case. You have some part time LBers and 2 Ss that are new to the team.
this would be interesting. Geno Smith had the green dot when Clark had covid, but I doubt it would be him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
but he's not gonna play 100% of the snaps in 2022 in any games unless there's injuries...
and i think even if chuck stays this year, he probably doesnt play 100% of the snaps either anymore...
this is very true. Will be very interesting to see who has the green dot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd oddly enough lean Hamilton. Not sure Queen is going to be playing 100% of the snaps and also feel like it would be somewhat counterintuitive to give a guy more responsibility when lessening that load a bit last year seemed to help him flourish.

also gives you additional options personnel-wise
and if it isnt queen then it has to be one of the safeties and it's not gonna be marcus williams because he's unlikely to be spending enough time close enough to the LoS
which means that it has to be hamilton or chuck and it means that one of them has to play 100% of the snaps which is less likely with both of them on the roster...

because either you keep clark in the green dot and basically guarantee that hamilton will not be playing 100% of the snaps (unless chuck becomes a LB lol) or you give the green dot to Hamilton

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We only save 870k cutting / trading Chuck Clark, so I hope we can get some value for him. I'd rather keep him as depth than trade him, honestly.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
this would be interesting. Geno Smith had the green dot when Clark had covid, but I doubt it would be him.
Geno Smith or Geno Stone? I could’ve sworn Smith was a QB

As for green dot, doesn’t matter could be anyone really because I have a feeling this has been a plan the whole offseason. Here’s my best guesses

1. Chuck was asking for an extension and increase due to other deals and likely claiming he isn’t getting starter money.
2. We likely denied this because we felt like he’s good but not great player and didn’t want to overpay because of the market.
3. We saw Williams would be a free agent and planned on targeting him as our top option to give him the money Chuck demanded and then some knowing Clark would be eventually out the door.
4. We knew the impact of losing Clark would be diminished because we would likely be letting go of Wink and having some new schemes on defense to mitigate the loss and reduce the downtime of losing what Chuck knows about the defense.
5. We drafted and signed smart players who could easily take over for Clark.

Simba

Staff Member
We only save 870k cutting / trading Chuck Clark, so I hope we can get some value for him. I'd rather keep him as depth than trade him, honestly.
Yeah I don't see us cutting him, and even a trade would require something worthwhile back. More on Chuck's side honestly. He signed what turned into a team friendly deal. Don't blame him for wanting his money. Signed a solid deal but knows there's more to be made if he hits the open market and it's harder for him to get that second bigger deal with Hamilton in the fray now.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd oddly enough lean Hamilton. Not sure Queen is going to be playing 100% of the snaps and also feel like it would be somewhat counterintuitive to give a guy more responsibility when lessening that load a bit last year seemed to help him flourish.
I'd have to imagine they don't want to give it to a rookie if they can help it. I'm sure its already tough enough learning the defense and adjusting to the speed of the pro game. Maybe Peters or Bynes ?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Geno Smith or Geno Stone? I could’ve sworn Smith was a QB

As for green dot, doesn’t matter could be anyone really because I have a feeling this has been a plan the whole offseason. Here’s my best guesses

1. Chuck was asking for an extension and increase due to other deals and likely claiming he isn’t getting starter money.
2. We likely denied this because we felt like he’s good but not great player and didn’t want to overpay because of the market.
3. We saw Williams would be a free agent and planned on targeting him as our top option to give him the money Chuck demanded and then some knowing Clark would be eventually out the door.
4. We knew the impact of losing Clark would be diminished because we would likely be letting go of Wink and having some new schemes on defense to mitigate the loss and reduce the downtime of losing what Chuck knows about the defense.
5. We drafted and signed smart players who could easily take over for Clark.
lol, Stone