• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I could’ve swore i saw news of clowney resigning to the browns.. guess not.

Fuck WRs.. let’s go for defense! Lol

Simba

Staff Member

He hasn't formally signed but all indications are that Clowney will be re-signing in Cleveland again at some point. He's pulling the patient card again aka I don't want to do any team activities until camp.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
With most teams using 3 Safeties, wouldn't Chuck Clark be the third safety in all of this? Williams, Clark & Hamilton? So I don't see us trading Clark unless we use Brandon Stephens as our third safety. I could see the Giants trading for him as some suggested due to the connection to Wink.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He hasn't formally signed but all indications are that Clowney will be re-signing in Cleveland again at some point. He's pulling the patient card again aka I don't want to do any team activities until camp.
Also Matthieu is signing with the Saints

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Some major FAs are being signed which is not too surprising. Would expect to hear some news on Marlon and Marcus soon if we're interested in bringing any FAs or soon to be FAs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Seriously though, just stack the D and let Lamar attempt to control the clock through a methodical run game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With most teams using 3 Safeties, wouldn't Chuck Clark be the third safety in all of this? Williams, Clark & Hamilton? So I don't see us trading Clark unless we use Brandon Stephens as our third safety. I could see the Giants trading for him as some suggested due to the connection to Wink.

for sure - chuck's still valuable to the defence with his versatility being especially useful
it's just that he's no longer a necessity because as much as teams put 3 safeties on the field - the 3rd guy doesn't play 100% of the snaps

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he could be more a pride issue with Chuck. Would love to keep him, but he might have other ideas

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

What's interesting to me is that Hollywood disliked the offense, but still had 146 targets last year. No way he seems that many in Arizona playing along side Hop, Green, and Ertz.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lj Fort might be an option at ILB. Also I missed Iman Marshall also in my roster breakdown. Can that guy be trusted? If injuries haven't destroyed his body does he even have talent?

Simba

Staff Member

What's interesting to me is that Hollywood disliked the offense, but still had 146 targets last year. No way he seems that many in Arizona playing along side Hop, Green, and Ertz.

It's certainly a curious choice by him to some extent. Feel like he looked at the overall stats instead of what he did with Lamar vs. without Lamar. Dude probably would have put up 1200+ yards if Lamar was healthy and playing like he was earlier in the season. Production fell off a cliff with Huntley and his inability to throw the ball deep.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

for sure - chuck's still valuable to the defence with his versatility being especially useful
it's just that he's no longer a necessity because as much as teams put 3 safeties on the field - the 3rd guy doesn't play 100% of the snaps

I think he could be more a pride issue with Chuck. Would love to keep him, but he might have other ideas
The real question here isn't if we want to trade Chuck. I imagine the Ravens would be fine keeping him.
The real question here is if Chuck wants to be traded. Very different discussion and likely approach & concern right now considering the resulting success guys have had in asking to be traded and having it granted.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
it has been proven in the last JLC isn't bothered by putting out a false report, so in my eyes him deleting it likely means it was true and he was contacted by the Ravens or chucks guys to take it down, thus making it very true. Chuck, you were cool, but never special, and there are many guys on this team built to do what you do
(and who can catch picks)

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Makes sense Chuck wants out. He can be a decent starter on a lesser team, so why accept a smaller role here?

The one thing that does go towards keeping him, didn't harbs and edc say we might see some more of stephens at corner? that would make me think chuck is staying for the S3 roll. (counter- team could be high on geno stone, he played super well vs Pitt too)

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
If Isabella is cut definitely bring him in and let him compete. Can't teach that speed

If he gets cut then he will hit the waiver wire like Miles Boykin did and if The Ravens really like him then they have to hope no team claims him during that process.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
No way queen wears the dot, he is way better playing with what he sees then playing because of what he thinks

hamilton is an easy pick as he is apperntly extremely smart, but idk if want a rookie doing that. Marucs Williams makes sense to me, but maybe we take him off the field on running downs. I bet hamilton has it by week 10 though.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
No way queen wears the dot, he is way better playing with what he sees then playing because of what he thinks

hamilton is an easy pick as he is apperntly extremely smart, but idk if want a rookie doing that. Marucs Williams makes sense to me, but maybe we take him off the field on running downs. I bet hamilton has it by week 10 though.
My guess is Marcus. Don’t think he’ll come off the field