• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don’t like the Hurst trade and I’ve liked everything Decosta has done since he became GM .
Andrews has had injury problems and he does have diabetes which makes it a lot tougher for him to heal .
If Andrews goes down , who do we have and TE is arguably one of our most important positions in a Lamar led offense .

i see your concerns but we got a 2nd round pick for a backup TE
i also think this offence is going to evolve again this offence to stay ahead of the curve and i think the explosive passing attack required more weapons in the passing game and that likely pushes Hurst's snaps down in 2020 and beyond anyway - that would be my guess anyway especially as it looks like hayden hurst has been shopped off and on basically since the trade deadline during the 2019 season

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bears are talking to Teddy Bridgewater, inquiring about Andy Dalton & Nick Foles. Safe to say, the Bears know they screwed up taking Trubisky.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t like the Hurst trade and I’ve liked everything Decosta has done since he became GM .
Andrews has had injury problems and he does have diabetes which makes it a lot tougher for him to heal .
If Andrews goes down , who do we have and TE is arguably one of our most important positions in a Lamar led offense .

In Decosta we trust

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure how I feel about this Hurst trade. Yeah, we got good value for a backup TE, but if Andrews gets hurt at some point during the season, which seems likely considering his first couple seasons so far, then we're in a bad spot. I'm probably overreacting, but I really liked Hurst and thought he had potential to break out with more usage.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i know what eric is planning

he's going to draft the kid from notre Dame that destroyed the combine. The WR/TE hybrid chase claypool

Book it. save this post

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure how I feel about this Hurst trade. Yeah, we got good value for a backup TE, but if Andrews gets hurt at some point during the season, which seems likely considering his first couple seasons so far, then we're in a bad spot. I'm probably overreacting, but I really liked Hurst and thought he had potential to break out with more usage.
Well let’s start teaching andrews to chill tf out with the hurdles because in 2 years it’s resulted in like 20 yards and about 10 mini heart attacks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

he's going to draft the kid from notre Dame that destroyed the combine. The WR/TE hybrid chase claypool

Book it. save this post
I swear to god I’ve been thinking the same thing since the combine, I just hope it’s not in the second

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Book it. save this post

there's a better notre dame TE in this class lol in Cole Kmet - claypool's physical profile is not dissimilar to miles boykin (notre dame clearly has a type lol) - that's both clearly a sign we like that kind of athleticism but also pretty clear that we already have that type of athlete on our roster already and is claypool significantly better as a prospect than boykin and id argue no

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's a better notre dame TE in this class lol in Cole Kmet - claypool's physical profile is not dissimilar to miles boykin (notre dame clearly has a type lol) - that's both clearly a sign we like that kind of athleticism but also pretty clear that we already have that type of athlete on our roster already and is claypool significantly better as a prospect than boykin and id argue no

it be kinda stupid to draft a TE when Hayden hurst is a fine TE and a superb number 2.

I really don't get this deal. We're supposed to fill holes not create ones that were strengths.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the other thing to think about with Hurst is that his role likely gets taken somewhat in the running game by Ricard who's obviously a different type of athlete and doesnt offer as much in the passing game obviously but I really have thought that we'd move away from the 3 TE looks a bit more this year and now you can almost book it

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it be kinda stupid to draft a TE when Hayden hurst is a fine TE and a superb number 2.

I really don't get this deal. We're supposed to fill holes not create ones that were strengths.

i dont think we're going to replace him - was just pointing out that if we want a TE from notre dame we might as well get the guy who's actually a TE rather than the guy who was asked to transition to TE before he blew up the combine

i dont think we're going after a TE high at all - im not sure a need has been opened up but its a position we'd want to add some depth to somewhere but its not urgent

like i get why you'd not like the deal but its not really creating that much of a hole