• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He's been pretty vocal in the whole Ravens Browns rivalry. Doesn't like Marlon and Marcus. Thinks Marcus attempted to spit on him. We're probably not gonna give him a big long term contract. Knows that he'll be unlikely to put up big numbers which may hurt his ability to get one more decently big contract. Etc

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone believe Jarvis would want to play here? I don't think we're attractive to him for multiple reasons
Outside of MP, he is extremely attractive.
He probably hates the Brownies, hates the Steelers already too, there were rumors he use to want to play here- he steps up and gets mad targets

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
He's been pretty vocal in the whole Ravens Browns rivalry. Doesn't like Marlon and Marcus. Thinks Marcus attempted to spit on him. We're probably not gonna give him a big long term contract. Knows that he'll be unlikely to put up big numbers which may hurt his ability to get one more decently big contract. Etc
He will get more targets here as a 2, where he will be a 3 anywhere else / slot

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Outside of MP, he is extremely attractive.
He probably hates the Brownies, hates the Steelers already too, there were rumors he use to want to play here- he steps up and gets mad targets
I mean I want him. As I have thought about it now that the OL should be good and Lamar is healthy we can still have a downfield attack with Bateman. I'd much rather have Jarvis and Bateman acting as your deep threat when needed then paying money to Fuller when you know he's gonna let you down.

It's not that I think Jarvis isn't attractive to us. I think we're not that attractive to him. But maybe the Marcus thing is easily overcome and maybe he believes he can feast as a possession guy here. Idk

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Not too sure about this.
He was cut so he doesn't count against the comp picks. He is by far the best WR on the market, and we are post draft

if someone else had high asperations or desire for him, he would be on there team. he is more valuable to us then he is to anyone right now. that is also under the case that Bateman takes over as the 1 wr, Jarvis is probably ww1 until Bateman takes it.

I can't think of any teams with an above average qb where he can sign right now and be the guy

rossihunter2

Staff Member

idk about the numbers thing - our WR2 in 2021 got 500+ yds as a rookie after missing like 6 games and then playing with a backup QB for another 6... and is now our WR1...

no way he looks at this offence and the volume of snaps and targets available here (especially in the middle of the field) and doesnt think he can produce... remember he's been stuck with baker mayfield for a while and only had like 500 yds himself last year

we'll see if the MP thing is really an issue or not, but ultimately i reckon it'll just be about the contract - what money and how many years - he's not even 30 yet and the ravens will find it easier to massage his cap hit by doing a multi-year deal... so why cant the ravens be that team? maybe he wants to hit the market again after a 1 year deal - i dont know... but i dont think there are going to be many better situations to come into as a vet at this point and earn snaps straight away - everywhere else in the league outside of like the Falcons, he'd be looking at being a WR3 or at best competing for a WR2 role, with the ravens he can walk in as WR2 and maybe convince himself he could even earn a WR1 target share in this offence

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
idk about the numbers thing - our WR2 in 2021 got 500+ yds as a rookie after missing like 6 games and then playing with a backup QB for another 6... and is now our WR1...

no way he looks at this offence and the volume of snaps and targets available here (especially in the middle of the field) and doesnt think he can produce... remember he's been stuck with baker mayfield for a while and only had like 500 yds himself last year

we'll see if the MP thing is really an issue or not, but ultimately i reckon it'll just be about the contract - what money and how many years - he's not even 30 yet and the ravens will find it easier to massage his cap hit by doing a multi-year deal... so why cant the ravens be that team? maybe he wants to hit the market again after a 1 year deal - i dont know... but i dont think there are going to be many better situations to come into as a vet at this point and earn snaps straight away - everywhere else in the league outside of like the Falcons, he'd be looking at being a WR3 or at best competing for a WR2 role, with the ravens he can walk in as WR2 and maybe convince himself he could even earn a WR1 target share in this offence
You very well may be right. Do you think the Ravens would offer him a 3 or 4 year deal?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im sure they would - whether it's at the value he'd want to take long-term is a different matter
but why wouldnt they want to? he's only 29 still, a productive guy, an AFC North veteran, a leader, a refined route-runner, great over the middle, an outlet
Just so it's clear I love Landry. I wanted us to draft him. I wanted him after he left Miami. I want him now. Theres no problem with him other than potentially price. I could be wrong but I have been assuming he's gonna want substantially more than we will offer him. I do not get the sense at all the Ravens want to hand out a big WR contract to almost anyone.

Like what do you think hes worth realistically? I don't see how you could get away with anything less than 3 years 45 million for him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The one thing I will say though is it's great to see Landry is the team's top choice. Theyre not gonna settle for Fuller or Jackson or Julio. Either there gonna get Landry or pull an in season trade 5 or 6 weeks in. Eric is a fan of doing things like that. Poaching a losing team and getting great value.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just so it's clear I love Landry. I wanted us to draft him. I wanted him after he left Miami. I want him now. Theres no problem with him other than potentially price. I could be wrong but I have been assuming he's gonna want substantially more than we will offer him. I do not get the sense at all the Ravens want to hand out a big WR contract to almost anyone.

Like what do you think hes worth realistically? I don't see how you could get away with anything less than 3 years 45 million for him.

would that not be a pretty good deal?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The one thing I will say though is it's great to see Landry is the team's top choice. Theyre not gonna settle for Fuller or Jackson or Julio. Either there gonna get Landry or pull an in season trade 5 or 6 weeks in. Eric is a fan of doing things like that. Poaching a losing team and getting great value.

i imagine they're reaching out to the agents of all those guys too to gauge prices and interest
it's just that the landry one is the only one that's leaked

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
would that not be a pretty good deal?
Oh he for sure is.

Hahaha you still might be missing what I'm saying. I don't think the Ravens are handing out that kinda money. It would have to be more back loaded and I can't see it happening given how little room we have and other needs. I simply don't think we can afford him.

Thats another reason I think we may not be super attractive as a destination. But I'd LOVE to be wrong.