• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean look at what the browns just gave for deshaun watson, a player who is older, has had less success, has a potential linger suspension for a bunch of civil cases where he's accused of sexual assault, and who drove his way out of his previous team

lamar's contract on the open market starts with watson's deal...

and watson got that deal while the texans also got 3 1st rounders...

lamar for 2 1st rounders is the biggest bargain in the league and no way the ravens risk that
Absolutely! Teams would be running up to make that offer to Lamar. It would be blasphemous for the Ravens to even entertain that risk of a regular tag for Lamar. If that's what they're doing, they may as well trade him next year for buckets of picks!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No way you just dismissed gabe Davis like that… he put up 4 tds in a playoff game last year and will be an upcoming dominate #2 wr in the league
Yup I did. You didn't even know who he was until ONE playoff game.
When one game represents like 40% of the TD catches you had for the entire season, that's a HUGE red flag.
Gabriel Davis was basically Rashod Bateman last year.
Except now there's no Brian Daboll to magically get Davis wide open.
Except another season from Davis similar to last year. 600-700 yards or so.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When one game represents like 40% of the TD catches you had for the entire season, that's a HUGE red flag.
I knew who gabe Davis was from the draft process and I am certainly not the only one here, he was never some obscure unknown name.

Now that’s not to say Davis is a world beater, but he would be WR2 here without a doubt.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I knew who gabe Davis was from the draft process and I am certainly not the only one here, he was never some obscure unknown name.

Now that’s not to say Davis is a world beater, but he would be WR2 here without a doubt.
LOL, I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a #2 WR on any team that wouldn't be a #2 here at the moment based on actual production. Heck half the league have a #3 potentially. Like the Jets have a better WR group than we do.
The argument was that the Bills have loaded up Josh Allen with weapons. I don't agree with that at all.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
LOL, I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a #2 WR on any team that wouldn't be a #2 here at the moment based on actual production. Heck half the league have a #3 potentially. Like the Jets have a better WR group than we do.
The argument was that the Bills have loaded up Josh Allen with weapons. I don't agree with that at all.
Fair enough

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I watched plenty of his tape, not just highlights in college and knew he was a good prospect. I wouldn't throw that assumption around that people didn't know about him, because Dabole or not, he's a good receiver.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched plenty of his tape, not just highlights in college and knew he was a good prospect. I wouldn't throw that assumption around that people didn't know about him, because Dabole or not, he's a good receiver.
Even if I were to buy that he is, which I don't yet, he doesn't check the box as somebody that the Bills "surrounded Allen with weapons" with. He was a 4th round pick. The investment they made in him is basically the same one the Ravens made in Duvernay for Lamar.
Again, in the context of "the Bills load up Josh Allen with weapons", they gave him Diggs (a stud), Cole Beasley (a JAG), a 4th round WR, and one year of a very aging Emmanuel Sanders.

The Ravens investment in weapons for Jackson have been superior to that, in my opinion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even if I were to buy that he is, which I don't yet, he doesn't check the box as somebody that the Bills "surrounded Allen with weapons" with. He was a 4th round pick. The investment they made in him is basically the same one the Ravens made in Duvernay for Lamar.
Again, in the context of "the Bills load up Josh Allen with weapons", they gave him Diggs (a stud), Cole Beasley (a JAG), a 4th round WR, and one year of a very aging Emmanuel Sanders.

The Ravens investment in weapons for Jackson have been superior to that, in my opinion.
I don't care what round he was drafted him, he's better than Duvernay and it was quite obvious on tape. You don't have to believe that I watched film or not, because I always watch film of players I'm interested in and last year I spent a lot of time watching film of WRs.

Maybe he isn't to your specifications of surrounding him with weapons of top notch FA WRs, ie Diggs, but they clearly have signed WRs they thought would be good in their offense every season through the 2021 season. They may not have been #1 WRs but they were good role players that fit the scheme and fit the scheme well.

I'm not saying we aren't doing that for Lamar either, because we absolutely are drafting players for Lamar, with the exception of WRs from this draft. We have drafted pass catchers for him and have continued to add more weapons on offense under Lamar than we did with Flacco, imo.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Annotation 2022-05-20 080809.jpg

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really just doesn't say much at all there. Basically a franchise QB who's nearing the end of his deal isn't signed at this point, which everybody knows. And everybody knows he won't be available as a UFA for at least 3 more years probably, so I'm not sure what they're "monitoring". The only thing they can keep an eye on is if things go South and the Ravens want to deal him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he was underdrafted for no obvious reason lol - was sad we didnt take him with any of our 3rd rounders that year - at one point in the process i had a 2nd round grade on him

he's not some randomer who came out of nowhere

redrum52

Hall of Famer

This. The only complaint fans can have is about not trading for a Diggs level wr... or drafting him when he's in your own backyard. Outside of that the Ravens have invested in the offense HEAVILY. Again, sometimes things just don't go as planned. Hurst and Andrews. Hollywood, Bateman, Duv, Wallace, Proche, and those other 2 guys who are gone. The TEs this year. Ingram, Gus, JK, Hill, Badie. Oh yeah... Boykin. The picks are there. People's problem is with the production.

And if we're looking for a burner I'd rather just send a late pick for Isabella if possible.

Last edited: