• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Vince Biegel, anyone? Camp body?​

tweener edge type of guy - my guess is a camp body to take some of the SAM reps with Bowser injured, Hayes coming off injury and Ojabo injured

i liked him as an early day 3 pick back in the 2017 draft and he's flashed a few times, especially after he was traded to miami

but he's spent a lot of time in his career unavailable because of injury and the ravens are his 4th team... he also doesnt profile as a true ILB type - also worth noting that the only time he's ever been a starter was for 10 games during that awful Dolphins 2019 season

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
What is it with EDC and his infatuation with guys having had an Achilles tear? Just because he had it and recovered like a maniac doesn't mean supreme athletes will be the same as they were! Anyhow, I just think he has a soft corner for that particular injury! lol!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
tweener edge type of guy - my guess is a camp body to take some of the SAM reps with Bowser injured, Hayes coming off injury and Ojabo injured

i liked him as an early day 3 pick back in the 2017 draft and he's flashed a few times, especially after he was traded to miami

but he's spent a lot of time in his career unavailable because of injury and the ravens are his 4th team... he also doesnt profile as a true ILB type - also worth noting that the only time he's ever been a starter was for 10 games during that awful Dolphins 2019 season
Thanks. Outside of his constant injuries, I didn't know much about him till just now.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
How are we feeling about the possibility of Lamar signing a long term deal before the season starts? Seems impossible to tell because the Ravens and Lamar have been tight lipped about the whole ordeal. Cant help but think Lamar is making a big mistake by not signing a long term deal now.... Injuries concerns out weigh the benefits of getting more money next year, cant imagine it would even be that much more than the current market deals.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
How are we feeling about the possibility of Lamar signing a long term deal before the season starts? Seems impossible to tell because the Ravens and Lamar have been tight lipped about the whole ordeal. Cant help but think Lamar is making a big mistake by not signing a long term deal now.... Injuries concerns out weigh the benefits of getting more money next year, cant imagine it would even be that much more than the current market deals.
I doubt it happens. I certainly feels at this point it benefits the Ravens organization if a deal doesn't happen. Let's see if Lamar can replicate the 2019 MVP season.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt it happens. I certainly feels at this point it benefits the Ravens organization if a deal doesn't happen. Let's see if Lamar can replicate the 2019 MVP season.
I'm not sure it really benefits us to wait. Sure the prospect of giving one player that much money is scary, but signing him now opens up cap space. Failing to sign him next year and allowing him to play on the tag would be brutal for signing free agents.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
whats tough about this is even if he massively dissapoints or gets injured, we will still have to pay market price

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
which is why there really is very little risk for lamar to wait it out for now
he'd basically have to have a career-threatening injury to not get paid a bajillion dollars

the price can basically only go up because he has all the leverage
only counter- we can just contiouinsly franchise tag

but then he probably holds out

it is kinda BS that he can play that game but we can't do anything about it

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
truly, anything short of making the AFC championship game this year is a huge failure. If the team doesn't work now, it won't work better with 55 mil less every year. If lamar can do his thing I don't mind handing him the key to the city. If he falls short, I believe it should be a tougher decision than us optimistic fans think

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not sure it really benefits us to wait. Sure the prospect of giving one player that much money is scary, but signing him now opens up cap space. Failing to sign him next year and allowing him to play on the tag would be brutal for signing free agents.
I don't think it will get that far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
only counter- we can just contiouinsly franchise tag

but then he probably holds out

it is kinda BS that he can play that game but we can't do anything about it

the franchise tag increases every year by 20% i think...
so his 45m in 2023 becomes 54m in 2024

those 2 are probably manageable (just about) for 2 years
but if we want 2025 as well it starts ballooning... 65.5m fully-guaranteed all on the 1 year of the cap is basically untenable and debilitating to the prospects of the franchise

whatever happens, this will be resolved one way or another by march 2025 at the latest

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

but if we want 2025 as well it starts ballooning... 65.5m fully-guaranteed all on the 1 year of the cap is basically untenable and debilitating to the prospects of the franchise

whatever happens, this will be resolved one way or another by march 2025 at the latest
it definitely doesn't increase 20% every year, but we do have increases every year and a substantial increase coming.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A player who receives a second consecutive franchise tag is guaranteed a salary 120% of his first franchise tag salary
sorry, I didn't realize you were referring to franchise tags. I thought you were referring to the salary cap. I totally misread that....... my bad

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

ugh even a 45M cap hit sounds awful. Gotta get him under contract before that

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eagles fans pointing out that Reagor isn’t in any of their offszn hype videos. Speculating to a impending trade.

I wonder if we revisit the Jalen Reagor talks. I’ll be willing to toss a bone and hope Keith Williams and Tee Martin can turn him into something. Ben Powers or a 5th.. why not

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Eagles fans pointing out that Reagor isn’t in any of their offszn hype videos. Speculating to a impending trade.

I wonder if we revisit the Jalen Reagor talks. I’ll be willing to toss a bone and hope Keith Williams and Tee Martin can turn him into something. Ben Powers or a 5th.. why not
Reagor drops passes, a lot of them, I don’t want him on the field, he’s a drive killer