• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I been said I wanted Robby here!!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well one is the face of the franchise and the other is a mid tier deep threat
Cool. All that does is change the asking price, not the action.

I'm obviously trolling a bit, but mostly pointing out the hypocrisy of the notion that anybody who's a mild "offseason distraction" must be immediately traded to us for low draft capital.

As if the distraction itself weren't a decent indication that maybe he's not the best person to be here to begin with...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Cool. All that does is change the asking price, not the action.

I'm obviously trolling a bit, but mostly pointing out the hypocrisy of the notion that anybody who's a mild "offseason distraction" must be immediately traded to us for low draft capital.

As if the distraction itself weren't a decent indication that maybe he's not the best person to be here to begin with...
Just saying why one is more tradeable than the other lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Going to be curious to see if the Chiefs reach a long-term agreement with Orlando Brown before the Tag Deadline. I'm sure whatever money they give him will be more than what we would have offered him.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Going to be curious to see if the Chiefs reach a long-term agreement with Orlando Brown before the Tag Deadline. I'm sure whatever money they give him will be more than what we would have offered him.
lol by like a 1.5-2x magnitude. He's going to get probably $20M a year in AAV or more. Anything we'd have offered was RT money, not LT money.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
should be interesting to follow. When is the deadline for the Chiefs to reach an LTA with Brown.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Stanley is the better player. He's just not as durable. I don't fault the decision making at all.
No question it looked that way at the time. Not his fault, but he’s definitely not better if he can’t get/stay on the field.

I don’t follow other teams but it seems the Ravens have had more than their share of oft injured players after they sign big second contracts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No question it looked that way at the time. Not his fault, but he’s definitely not better if he can’t get/stay on the field.

I don’t follow other teams but it seems the Ravens have had more than their share of oft injured players after they sign big second contracts.
Yup, I feel like brown would’ve gotten injured within a year of us paying him anyway, just so often seems to be the case

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yup, I feel like brown would’ve gotten injured within a year of us paying him anyway, just so often seems to be the case

Now that I think about it this was when the injury bug started to hit us. The ink on his contract had barely dried before he got hurt.
Ravens seem to be real quiet about Ronnie Stanley. Anyone have any opinions as to whether he will be ready for the opening kickoff?
I think they don't want to put pressure on any of the guys returning. We haven't had much info on anyone the injured players and Harbaugh is usually tight lipped about that stuff anyway. When training camp starts we'll have a better idea with reps and conferences.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if Ja’Wuan James is finally fully healed. If so, could he play LT? He has to be an upgrade from AV….right?

I believe he’s mostly a RT.. but ravens been putting him on the left side while Ronnie is out. He could be our swing this season.