• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did we not go through this last season with Julio? I told you guys he was done. Barely anyone believed me. He was done. Now here we are again except a few people believe he’s done now

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Did we not go through this last season with Julio? I told you guys he was done. Barely anyone believed me. He was done. Now here we are again except a few people believe he’s done now
Julio gonna be 3rd or 4th option over there.. if can get bucs 600yards.. thats a W.. if he plays in the offs, thats a W

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Bateman were to go down, we would be screwed. I still hope we get will fuller or something, although last I heard… he had some type of hand surgery.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Totally unsurprisingly, Terry, Deebo, DK, and Kupp all finally signed extensions with their clubs. Ravens are going to have to keep committing to the draft for WRs. Largely, I think it's a working and viable strategy. It's just really unfortunate about Marquise. This team is so much stronger with him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Totally unsurprisingly, Terry, Deebo, DK, and Kupp all finally signed extensions with their clubs. Ravens are going to have to keep committing to the draft for WRs. Largely, I think it's a working and viable strategy. It's just really unfortunate about Marquise. This team is so much stronger with him
It’s a viable draft strategy to draft wrs, OL, cb, and edge every single year in the early rounds and allocate salary cap to the less expensive positions.

Our problem is that so many of our high picks spent on these positions aren’t panning out. If the ravens in 2019 took aj brown and Jamel dean instead of Hollywood and Boykin then we would’ve been miles ahead of where we are now as a roster. If we had taken Alex highsmith or Darnell Mooney over duvernay or malik Harrison or tyre phillips we would be much better off.

Rashod Bateman was possibly a franchise altering pick, it went against what the ravens always looked for in wrs and it looks to have been the best first round pick the ravens have spent since Lamar. Same goes with oweh, we took traits and smarts and potential over sturdy and steady fundamental players on the edge. A change in what we look for at certain position groups was needed. Frankly devin duvernay and Myles Boykin shouldn’t have been third round picks and that’s because they didn’t have nfl receiver skill sets, what duvernay did worked in big 12 spread offenses, boykins game worked at ND when he didn’t have to face physical corners who rerouted him and prevent a release, both of them have a severe lack of route running ability and the ravens made huge mistakes spending third round picks on those guys.

I’m totally on board with spending a 1/2/3 on a wr every draft, as long as we aren’t making dumbass picks on special teamers with them.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s a viable draft strategy to draft wrs, OL, cb, and edge every single year in the early rounds and allocate salary cap to the less expensive positions.

Our problem is that so many of our high picks spent on these positions aren’t panning out. If the ravens in 2019 took aj brown and Jamel dean instead of Hollywood and Boykin then we would’ve been miles ahead of where we are now as a roster. If we had taken Alex highsmith or Darnell Mooney over duvernay or malik Harrison or tyre phillips we would be much better off.

Rashod Bateman was possibly a franchise altering pick, it went against what the ravens always looked for in wrs and it looks to have been the best first round pick the ravens have spent since Lamar. Same goes with oweh, we took traits and smarts and potential over sturdy and steady fundamental players on the edge. A change in what we look for at certain position groups was needed. Frankly devin duvernay and Myles Boykin shouldn’t have been third round picks and that’s because they didn’t have nfl receiver skill sets, what duvernay did worked in big 12 spread offenses, boykins game worked at ND when he didn’t have to face physical corners who rerouted him and prevent a release, both of them have a severe lack of route running ability and the ravens made huge mistakes spending third round picks on those guys.

I’m totally on board with spending a 1/2/3 on a wr every draft, as long as we aren’t making [profanity deleted] picks on special teamers with them.
Agreed totally

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

I’m totally on board with spending a 1/2/3 on a wr every draft, as long as we aren’t making [profanity deleted] picks on special teamers with them.

I think the problem with Hollywood was just timing - partially, at least. We are trying to sign a franchise, league MVP-type QB. That is going to cost huge money. We just drafted Bateman, who is cheap for that reason alone. I think they are demonstrating that given the opportunity of gaining draft picks by prudent selling of demonstrated successful players, particularly in important positions like LT (Brown) and WR (Hollywood), they are going to take advantage of that. Don't forget that Hollywood wanted to move on too. Even if he were to be here now, there's at least one major addition in this past draft that wouldn't be.

I'm very happy with what they are doing and I think that the WR's we have are going to surprise everyone. I just don't think Hollywood was anymore viable an extension candidate - at this time - than OBrownJr was when he was traded. It's a sound philosophy to me. These guys were both first rounders and instead of letting them walk into FA, knowing we wouldn't be realistic players in signing them, we got back their initial cost - a first round pick - to start over with someone younger and cheaper with similar potential.

What will be interesting to see is where they dedicate funding after they re-sign Lamar. Will it be OL, DL, CB, or WR? I'm thinking OL, just because of what we saw in the drop-off in what the OFF was able to do after Yanda retired. But that's just me. But timing is everything, especially when pursuing the kind of signing we are with Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think the problem with Hollywood was just timing - partially, at least. We are trying to sign a franchise, league MVP-type QB. That is going to cost huge money. We just drafted Bateman, who is cheap for that reason alone. I think they are demonstrating that given the opportunity of gaining draft picks by prudent selling of demonstrated successful players, particularly in important positions like LT (Brown) and WR (Hollywood), they are going to take advantage of that. Don't forget that Hollywood wanted to move on too. Even if he were to be here now, there's at least one major addition in this past draft that wouldn't be.

I'm very happy with what they are doing and I think that the WR's we have are going to surprise everyone. I just don't think Hollywood was anymore viable an extension candidate - at this time - than OBrownJr was when he was traded. It's a sound philosophy to me. These guys were both first rounders and instead of letting them walk into FA, knowing we wouldn't be realistic players in signing them, we got back their initial cost - a first round pick - to start over with someone younger and cheaper with similar potential.

What will be interesting to see is where they dedicate funding after they re-sign Lamar. Will it be OL, DL, CB, or WR? I'm thinking OL, just because of what we saw in the drop-off in what the OFF was able to do after Yanda retired. But that's just me. But timing is everything, especially when pursuing the kind of signing we are with Lamar.
Oh we lucked out big time getting firsts in return for those guys, brilliant moves, so all is well in the end there, but if he had aj brown I feel like we would’ve re signed him and probably been happier with the roster now than we currently are. I’m more on the duvernay and Boykin picks, we’re gonna get a grand total of nothing from them.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
God I can't wait for the pads to be on and Kyle lays someone tf out

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lmaoo naw.. he just looks slow like i thought and like his 40 time said… he be ight though. Idk who that wr is, but he looks pretty small and quick. Doubt hamilton will be asked to cover those guys 1vs1
exactly and 1 v 1's always favor the WR.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lmaoo naw.. he just looks slow like i thought and like his 40 time said… he be ight though. Idk who that wr is, but he looks pretty small and quick. Doubt hamilton will be asked to cover those guys 1vs1

it's not even being slow in that rep - his technique and even his stance is just wrong in that clip - i wonder if he was just trying something out

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
marlon gonna have a good yr this season.. i can feel it. This might be the first season where i have nothing bad to say about him………..

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I remember pounding the table for this dude. Back injury or playing for the bears derailed him :(