• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have a feeling we're going to trade for one of Toney or Slayton, with the latter being more likely. Wan'Dale Robinson is already practicing with the 1st team. I'm not sure they'll have room for all of them including Sheperd when he's healthy and I haven't even mentioned Golladay
slayton needs better gloves or a hand replacement. The guy is a drops machine.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling we're going to trade for one of Toney or Slayton, with the latter being more likely. Wan'Dale Robinson is already practicing with the 1st team. I'm not sure they'll have room for all of them including Sheperd when he's healthy and I haven't even mentioned Golladay
Would be nice cause these current guys.. i have no faith in.. atleast not this upcoming season

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Bateman, proche, and andrews, but I don’t like just Bateman and proche, I think there is a missing element down the sideline and that’s speed from the wr2. Proche might be able to provide a bit with the right playcalling but that feels like a wr corps that needs rounding out skillset wise
we also need depth in the worst way. I’m not trying to rely on Victor Binjamin when Batemen gets tired. But I don’t want guys like fuller or Beckham who think they should be starting ahead of Proche and Duv. Really just want to give the young guys the necessary game reps to see what we have

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would happily take Toney if they want to move him out. I think he got a raw deal with them so far, and isn't that different than Hollywood on the field.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Annotation 2022-07-27 131930.jpg

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Cap wise I don't think it makes sense for The Giants to trade Toney. They still need more cap space as much as they can get. More likely candidate is Slayton

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wonder where Jimmy G will end up....

Even if they get nothing they need him not on the roster because realistically Jimmy G is a better QB than Trey Lance right now and probably will be for at least this year and the last thing you want is to have a better QB as the backup because the first bad game and fans will be calling for Trey's head.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I like Bateman, proche, and andrews, but I don’t like just Bateman and proche, I think there is a missing element down the sideline and that’s speed from the wr2. Proche might be able to provide a bit with the right playcalling but that feels like a wr corps that needs rounding out skillset wise

Does Bateman lack speed? Im not saying he's Hollywood Brown fast but I don't think he lacks the ability to make plays going deep. Then there guys like Tylan Wallace and Devin Duvernay whom I wouldn't classify as slow either. Duvernay definitely is the fastest receiver on the team and has the speed to beat defense while going deep but we just haven't seen him used in that role often.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Does Bateman lack speed? Im not saying he's Hollywood Brown fast but I don't think he lacks the ability to make plays going deep. Then there guys like Tylan Wallace and Devin Duvernay whom I wouldn't classify as slow either. Duvernay definitely is the fastest receiver on the team and has the speed to beat defense while going deep but we just haven't seen him used in that role often.
he doesn't lack speed, but doesn't have Hollywood speed. However he's a much better route runner than Hollywood ever was

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s not that I don’t think Bateman has playmaking speed, he absolutely does, what I’m saying is that in your WR2 you would prefer a boundary player who can threaten different levels, our current wr2 is a pure slot guy with no wheels and basically every wr not named Bateman is a slot only type. There’s a chance wallace can play on the boundary but that’s about as close as it gets.

This is all assuming bin victor is a typical UDFA guy who stays on the practice squad forever

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
he doesn't lack speed, but doesn't have Hollywood speed. However he's a much better route runner than Hollywood ever was
Much more polished and well rounded it seems

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s not that I don’t think Bateman has playmaking speed, he absolutely does, what I’m saying is that in your WR2 you would prefer a boundary player who can threaten different levels, our current wr2 is a pure slot guy with no wheels and basically every wr not named Bateman is a slot only type. There’s a chance wallace can play on the boundary but that’s about as close as it gets.

This is all assuming bin victor is a typical UDFA guy who stays on the practice squad forever
Bin Victor is a stud, if we say it enough it will be true . This is the way. Bin Victor bin Victor bin Victor