• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
feels like he's got to be the one
with every day that passes feels like OBJ is just going back to the rams once he's further along in his recovery... leaves fuller as the last guy remaining at that point

I always thought he was waiting to see how many games his buddy Watson get before picking a deal. So it doesn’t surprise me that this news came on the same day

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Theres too much talk of Ben Powers. The Ravens just don't talk like this. I think they're definitely trying to draw up interest for him. Glad to see Cleveland is finally out there.

Michael Pierce is going to be a really great guy for Linderbaum to practice against.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I remember pounding the table for this dude. Back injury or playing for the bears derailed him :(

He was a polarizing prospect. A lot of people felt he had major bust potential due to slow feet and just poor mechanics in general. I was super high on him as a G

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was a polarizing prospect. A lot of people felt he had major bust potential due to slow feet and just poor mechanics in general. I was super high on him as a G

I remember people completely fawning over him, pissed that we took Oweh instead of Jenkins.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember people completely fawning over him, pissed that we took Oweh instead of Jenkins.
yeah, I was a fan of him as a right tackle with the ability to play left in a pinch and as @JoeyFlex5 says the ability to play guard, but my top prospect with our 2nd first rounder in 2021 was Creed Humphrey. I wanted Bateman and Humphrey.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So what's the point of Fuller signing later in the preseason??? Is he still unable to play? I mean he's missed almost the entire offseason. If he signs next week at the earliest he's already at PS Game 1. How much later are you gonna wait? Doesn't really make any sense to me. Why wouldn't you want to get moved to your new home and get up to speed with your team?

Also dudes in his 20s and not some HOF. Like what are you doing? Go sign a contract

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So what's the point of Fuller signing later in the preseason??? Is he still unable to play? I mean he's missed almost the entire offseason. If he signs next week at the earliest he's already at PS Game 1. How much later are you gonna wait? Doesn't really make any sense to me. Why wouldn't you want to get moved to your new home and get up to speed with your team?

Also dudes in his 20s and not some HOF. Like what are you doing? Go sign a contract
Well, ask from his point of view... why do you want to do training camp? If another team is going to pay you later to join your team, why would you sign up to do it in early August? Wait another 2-3 weeks, workout privately, join the team 3-4 weeks before the season starts, learn playbook, and you're off to the races.

Plus, his value really can't go down. It can only go up. Get a team or two to have a starting WR end up injured in camp, and you're got more interested, more desperate, parties.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well, ask from his point of view... why do you want to do training camp? If another team is going to pay you later to join your team, why would you sign up to do it in early August? Wait another 2-3 weeks, workout privately, join the team 3-4 weeks before the season starts, learn playbook, and you're off to the races.

Plus, his value really can't go down. It can only go up. Get a team or two to have a starting WR end up injured in camp, and you're got more interested, more desperate, parties.
Joing the team 3 to 4 weeks before the season starts is approximately next week. If he signs next week plus or minus a few days that makes total sense. If he signs during the week of PS game 3, that wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joing the team 3 to 4 weeks before the season starts is approximately next week. If he signs next week plus or minus a few days that makes total sense. If he signs during the week of PS game 3, that wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.
OK. I mean PS game 2 is 8/21, so that's nearly 3 weeks away. We're also still nearly 6 weeks from week 1.

With a guy of his stature and history of injury concerns, I would imagine you'd see very limited participation in preseason games to begin with. So if he realistically only need 3-4 weeks before the regular season begins to be ready, that leaves him with 2-3 weeks to sign.

Would also point out that training camp, for most teams, including the Ravens, ends in about two weeks, and before the second preseason game.

So if he were to sign on, say, 8/18, he'd have about 10 days to get ready for limited snaps in the final preseason game, and he'd have 3.5 weeks to prepare for week 1. All while missing training camp entirely.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Theres too much talk of Ben Powers. The Ravens just don't talk like this. I think they're definitely trying to draw up interest for him. Glad to see Cleveland is finally out there.

Michael Pierce is going to be a really great guy for Linderbaum to practice against.

something to watch for for sure to see who's getting the 1s reps (will need to parse from videos etc. because pretty sure reporters are prohibited from talking about depth chart related stuff like who's getting 1st team/2nd team reps in camp battles)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Was Ojabo literally the last player from the entire draft (not just ours) to sign a contract lol