• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agreed but what that means is your gonna lose some important leadership (Calais, Houston, Peters) and you're gonna have to draft well to fill out the backend of the roster. That's certainly doable but it's not trivial
we already have an extra year with Calais, who I didn't expect to be back this year. Hoping to extend Peters but I'm pretty sure Houston will be gone along with Calais next season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Need 6 moves since we signed Trent Harris the other day.

Devon Williams, Denzel Williams, Chuck Wiley, and Robert Jackson all confirmed/reported. Corey Clement seems obvious too. Bailey Gaither or David Sharpe could be the final move and end up with some injury designation.

if david sharpe is not far away from being healthy and could factor in the preseason games then i reckon they keep him so that he and jaryd jones-smith can take those dog-day reps to finish the game so they dont have to put tyre back in at LT and faalele doesnt have to play the whole game if he doesnt need to

Simba

Staff Member
Brett Hundley cut this morning. Still one more move to make. Could be an injury related move as all of the guys missing practice today are currently hurt.

Simba

Staff Member
Trent Harris to IR is the final move to get to 85. Must be nice to be him. Sign Saturday and get hurt Monday. He'll get an injury settlement out of it once they officially release him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If Will Fuller isn't signed by Tuesday of next week, I'm pretty certain he won't be signed. I can't understand the rationale of him signing later than that.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

I was pounding the table for him before we drafted TL. It’s crazy that he didn’t get no traction with the bucs after jensen’s injury. Maybe that dude is blackballed.

The browns are down two starting centers now. Interesting to see if he will get an offer back with them or not

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Related to the Nflpa, I wonder what % of players stand with Watson on this situation.

They likely all hate the owners never getting punished for actions, but myself I would be anti defending a dirt bag like that, throw him to wolves and don’t let the nflpa represent him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Will Fuller isn't signed by Tuesday of next week, I'm pretty certain he won't be signed. I can't understand the rationale of him signing later than that.

would solely be about injury recovery at that point and the ability to pass a physical
id say with every passing day, the likelihood of us being after fuller is less and less... unless he's still in recovery from his injury, at which point it makes sense not to sign him until he can pass a physical

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
would solely be about injury recovery at that point and the ability to pass a physical
id say with every passing day, the likelihood of us being after fuller is less and less... unless he's still in recovery from his injury, at which point it makes sense not to sign him until he can pass a physical
Agreed but I cannot possibly imagine he isn't healthy enough

marklar

Pro Bowler
Agreed but I cannot possibly imagine he isn't healthy enough
Just to be a killjoy...
Do we really want to fix the most injured team ever by signing the league's most injured player? (yes, I am exaggerating somewhat)

The only way I'd want Will Fuller is at 1M + 2M incentives for every 5 games he plays in. Considering last year, it should be easy to get all incentives to be NLTBE and carry to 2023. But he would be a fool to take that, so a big no for me. I'd rather see the youngsters fail spectacularly

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Just to be a killjoy...
Do we really want to fix the most injured team ever by signing the league's most injured player? (yes, I am exaggerating somewhat)

The only way I'd want Will Fuller is at 1M + 2M incentives for every 5 games he plays in. Considering last year, it should be easy to get all incentives to be NLTBE and carry to 2023. But he would be a fool to take that, so a big no for me. I'd rather see the youngsters fail spectacularly
This isn't the point of the above post. I don't even want Fuller. From a want situation, I'd wa t Darnell Mooney (0% chance they'd trade him), Nelson Agholor (could be realistic), or a guy like Andy Isabella. Or potentially nobody.

The above is to say, if the Ravens were interested in him you should expect to see him sign no later than next week. If he's not signed by next week, I'm asserting he won't be signed at all and that the Ravens were never interested.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This isn't the point of the above post. I don't even want Fuller. From a want situation, I'd wa t Darnell Mooney (0% chance they'd trade him), Nelson Agholor (could be realistic), or a guy like Andy Isabella. Or potentially nobody.

The above is to say, if the Ravens were interested in him you should expect to see him sign no later than next week. If he's not signed by next week, I'm asserting he won't be signed at all and that the Ravens were never interested.
Agreed. I understand when the stories of "interest" in this player or that come out in the off-season, but other than fans wanting a vet on a young WR corps, I don't imagine any real interest was there. These seem stories that are contrived by reporters as click bait. The team has been pretty steadfast in what they've said about their feelings with the guys we have. I'd rather have any of the guys on the team now getting reps than a marginal WR that seemingly no team has much interest in.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was pounding the table for him before we drafted TL. It’s crazy that he didn’t get no traction with the bucs after jensen’s injury. Maybe that dude is blackballed.

Local reports in Tampa are saying Jensens injury is not a season ender. Possibly back for the final quarter of the season. Just what i hear on morning sports radio

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do we think Chuck Clark will be on the team come week 1? I keep hearing how much Geno has improved and seems like a lock for the 53. Marcus is a lock to start. We got Tony if we need him in a pinch and of course Hamilton. Seems like Chuck could be traded to a team in need of quality safety.

I also wouldn't be upset if we held onto Chuck and allowed Hamilton to ease into the position. Maybe 30-35 snaps a game for Hamilton?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Do we think Chuck Clark will be on the team come week 1? I keep hearing how much Geno has improved and seems like a lock for the 53. Marcus is a lock to start. We got Tony if we need him in a pinch and of course Hamilton. Seems like Chuck could be traded to a team in need of quality safety.

I also wouldn't be upset if we held onto Chuck and allowed Hamilton to ease into the position. Maybe 30-35 snaps a game for Hamilton?
I expect early season like first 6 games you're looking at more like 20 - 25 snaps for Hamilton. That would just be my guess