• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Do we think Chuck Clark will be on the team come week 1? I keep hearing how much Geno has improved and seems like a lock for the 53. Marcus is a lock to start. We got Tony if we need him in a pinch and of course Hamilton. Seems like Chuck could be traded to a team in need of quality safety.

I also wouldn't be upset if we held onto Chuck and allowed Hamilton to ease into the position. Maybe 30-35 snaps a game for Hamilton?
Literally no chance he gets traded this late. People have been raving about what a good leader and sport he has been about this offseason. We all know harbs doesn’t love playing rookies right out the gate full snaps too.

Also, not many teams will ever be in the need of a saftey, as I feel that is a position where you can give your younger guys a chance

Simba

Staff Member
Do we think Chuck Clark will be on the team come week 1? I keep hearing how much Geno has improved and seems like a lock for the 53. Marcus is a lock to start. We got Tony if we need him in a pinch and of course Hamilton. Seems like Chuck could be traded to a team in need of quality safety.

I also wouldn't be upset if we held onto Chuck and allowed Hamilton to ease into the position. Maybe 30-35 snaps a game for Hamilton?
I think they plan to keep him, but if a suitable offer comes in...

Chuck is one where I think he's valued more here in Baltimore than he would be elsewhere, so they aren't just going to give him away, but I don't think they're going to shy away if a return makes the team better. All it takes is one team to have an injury.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think they plan to keep him, but if a suitable offer comes in...

Chuck is one where I think he's valued more here in Baltimore than he would be elsewhere, so they aren't just going to give him away, but I don't think they're going to shy away if a return makes the team better. All it takes is one team to have an injury.
This is where my thought process was. Preseason injury on a team that’s competing this year and I could see DeCosta getting a 3rd or even a 2nd in return for a guy that’s likely walking next year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I'm 90% sure we will be keeping Chuck Clark this season. He's much more valuable for the Ravens than what we would receive in return as a draft pick. Of course @Deebo813 would be fine with a PB&J sandwich in return for Clark. I also agree Clark will start and Hamilton will be eased in.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Yea saftey just isn’t a position people trade much for for unless you are the Seahawks (lol what idiots)

I haven’t even checked the free agent list but I’m sure there’s a few more than capable guys out there a majority of teams would value over chuck as they don’t have to trade for the vets

Update: Landon Collins is still a free agent? Wtf lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm 90% sure we will be keeping Chuck Clark this season. He's much more valuable for the Ravens than what we would receive in return as a draft pick. Of course @Deebo813 would be fine with a PB&J sandwich in return for Clark. I also agree Clark will start and Hamilton will be eased in.
Hopefully clark can play a just a tad bit better now that marcus williams will be playing deep but honestly id rather see adarius play than clark lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yea saftey just isn’t a position people trade much for for unless you are the Seahawks (lol what idiots)

I haven’t even checked the free agent list but I’m sure there’s a few more than capable guys out there a majority of teams would value over chuck as they don’t have to trade for the vets

Update: Landon Collins is still a free agent? Wtf lol
I never understood the adams hype..

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea i think your right and were blessed to be able to ease Hamilton into the transition. We’ve just gotten lucky with a stacked safety room.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor