• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
think he's ineligible for the PUP lists and to go on NFI/IR and be able to return he has to be on the initial 53
not sure why he wasnt put on PUP when he signed but heyho
Yep Jeff is confirming here. So up to 2 vets cut to support Kolar and Ojabo.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
think he's ineligible for the PUP lists and to go on NFI/IR and be able to return he has to be on the initial 53
not sure why he wasnt put on PUP when he signed but heyho
I believe PUP is for NFL injuries. He's basically an NFI/IR guy because his injury occurred when he wasn't in the NFL.
So yeah I guess they're holding out for IR until they have more info in next two weeks, but seems inevitable he'll land there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I believe PUP is for NFL injuries. He's basically an NFI/IR guy because his injury occurred when he wasn't in the NFL.
So yeah I guess they're holding out for IR until they have more info in next two weeks, but seems inevitable he'll land there.
Zrebiec didn't know all the details but said it was due to when he signed.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zrebiec didn't know all the details but said it was due to when he signed.
Maybe so. End of day it probably doesn't matter, because I can't imagine he doesn't land on IR to start the year. They'll probably have to keep him on the 53 first, but no way he's on the 53 during first week of the season. I don't think he's particularly close to being ready.

All eyes for me are on Stanley. Bowser to a lesser degree, but I never expected him to be ready to start the season anyway. But Stanley not being back for week 1 is a bit eye opening I guess. Hopefully shortly thereafter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Maybe so. End of day it probably doesn't matter, because I can't imagine he doesn't land on IR to start the year. They'll probably have to keep him on the 53 first, but no way he's on the 53 during first week of the season. I don't think he's particularly close to being ready.

All eyes for me are on Stanley. Bowser to a lesser degree, but I never expected him to be ready to start the season anyway. But Stanley not being back for week 1 is a bit eye opening I guess. Hopefully shortly thereafter.
yes, I agree with this, just requires an additional cut prior to setting the initial 53 and of course a wink wink deal with another vet would help also.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I could be just totally wrong but after the Robinson signing, I don't think we should be adding anyone else on the offensive side. If you're going to add someone I believe it should be at ILB or OLB. Both positions are super weak where one injury could be devastating.

Idk who the options are at either LB spot outside of Roquan Smith who it seems we are definitely not pursuing. But I'm not adding Drake or Gesicki to this team.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
I could be just totally wrong but after the Robinson signing, I don't think we should be adding anyone else on the offensive side. If you're going to add someone I believe it should be at ILB or OLB. Both positions are super weak where one injury could be devastating.

Idk who the options are at either LB spot outside of Roquan Smith who it seems we are definitely not pursuing. But I'm not adding Drake or Gesicki to this team.
I’d be looking on the waiver wire at LT, RB, and I still wouldn’t cross out WR. I’m not making them a priority by any means but I’m not completely sold on James if Ronnie isn’t ready, and I think there’s room for improvement over Hill/Davis too.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d be looking on the waiver wire at LT, RB, and I still wouldn’t cross out WR. I’m not making them a priority by any means but I’m not completely sold on James if Ronnie isn’t ready, and I think there’s room for improvement over Hill/Davis too.
I'd just have a hard time seeing how you find a LT who's better than James or even Mekari on the waiver wire. If they were better, I don't think they'd ever make it to waivers.

Simba

Staff Member
I'd just have a hard time seeing how you find a LT who's better than James or even Mekari on the waiver wire. If they were better, I don't think they'd ever make it to waivers.
I don’t disagree. Don’t think it’s likely. More saying that I don’t think they’re sold on James and if a cheaper option somehow presented itself, I think they’d think about it at a minimum.