• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If Stanley isn't ready for the 1st regular season game, I think his career may be in jeopardy. What do you think?
Why such a hard stance? What if he is healthy but needs 4 or 5 weeks to get into really good shape? Idk I'm just making stuff up, but why is it if he's not ready by week 1 exactly his whole career is over? I'd say if he's unable to play this whole year or if he plays this year and then has another major injury to the ankle than sure, maybe it's over. But why if not ready for week 1?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the context there was super important - he hadnt even practiced vertical sets at minnesota let alone actually used them in game and was using his time in Mobile to try out new stuff - people saw him get sat down on the 1st day trying out a new technique and canned him - dont forget he looked pretty good by practice day 3

but the overreaction to his 1v1s and his profile almost certainly allowed him to drop into our lap when he maybe shouldnt have
Oh I absolutely get all that, like I know the context and I know that’s exactly how he dropped and that’s our good fortune maybe, but you still have to hope that his vertical game and redirect ability all continue on an upward trend, still lots of projection to be done.

Definitely huge that he’s still ascending and showing large jumps in progress consistently throughout the offseason. Could be getting a R2 kinda value in R4 if it continues.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why such a hard stance? What if he is healthy but needs 4 or 5 weeks to get into really good shape? Idk I'm just making stuff up, but why is it if he's not ready by week 1 exactly his whole career is over? I'd say if he's unable to play this whole year or if he plays this year and then has another major injury to the ankle than sure, maybe it's over. But why if not ready for week 1?
He is well past the standard recovery time, but I’m sure the Ravens are being overly cautious and we should expect him back week 1. But if he isn’t ready it’s a huge red flag that something more serious is going on

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Stanley isn't ready for the 1st regular season game, I think his career may be in jeopardy. What do you think?

not really - he's nearly ready to come back and practice but if he doesnt get enough lead time he wont be playing in week 1... but if he misses week 1 he may well be ready by week 2 or 3... this isnt a case of him not being ready ever again (at least not until we actually see how he is when he gets on the field and competes), it's a case of whether he gets back in time for week 1

we wont know until he's actually back practicing which is expected fairly soon

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He is well past the standard recovery time, but I’m sure the Ravens are being overly cautious and we should expect him back week 1. But if he isn’t ready it’s a huge red flag that something more serious is going on
But fortunately he's not well last the recovery time. He had the initial procedure which didn't fix his problem. Then last year I'm not sure exactly what time, but it was semi late into the season he got a secondary procedure which was supposed to totally fix his problem. So he's on the correct timeline for the second procedure as long as he starts practicing in the next month basically. Could possibly miss the first couple weeks and still be totally fine.

Or maybe his ankle is actually fucked and his career is over. But we're not going to find that out either way for a little while until we see him playing in real games.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk that i agree with that about hill - i think those criticisms are more easily levied at badie tbh
i cant imagine that badie is ahead of hill on the depth chart right now tbh
can't say I've seen enough of Hill, but that's what I remember from him. I did like the tape I saw of Badie, but I can't say I watched more than a couple games. I do think he has potential to be more than a 3rd down back though.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
Yep, he and Victor destroyed their chances this preseason.
I feel like Victor was close in game 1 to a couple of big plays, but Moore certainly just didn't do enough. A quiet week 1 where the UDFAs at least put in some solid work, and then absolutely nothing in game 2 despite starting. Thought he'd make it to final cuts but he certainly fell out of favor fast.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel like Victor was close in game 1 to a couple of big plays, but Moore certainly just didn't do enough. A quiet week 1 where the UDFAs at least put in some solid work, and then absolutely nothing in game 2 despite starting. Thought he'd make it to final cuts but he certainly fell out of favor fast.

Until i checked the snap counts I genuinely wondered whether Moore or victor had even played... then I find out they played more snaps each than likely did