• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
Would be curious if Blake Martinez is more of a PS guy should he sign. Play it kinda like Fackrell to an extent. Get him in here, let him practice, and see how he looks. If he’s still not fully healthy then you can cut him loose. If he’s healthy, great. Got a solid player in the building to ramp up.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any thoughts on Deion Jones? Falcons converted $8.5 million of Jones' salary into a bonus for $6.8 million, adding three void years to his contract. Would only cost us $1.1 in cap space.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he’s cut, yeah. Nobody Gon take on that contract
How quickly things change in the league. I remember when a lot of us were calling for the Ravens to go all in on him.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Simba

Staff Member
It’s weird because I think JPP is worth above the minimum but also not sure I’d give it to him. He clearly wants more. Wonder if some incentives get it done.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Would be curious if Blake Martinez is more of a PS guy should he sign. Play it kinda like Fackrell to an extent. Get him in here, let him practice, and see how he looks. If he’s still not fully healthy then you can cut him loose. If he’s healthy, great. Got a solid player in the building to ramp up.
I don't know, if he is healthy he'd be an upgrade to our current LB room. Had a good year in 2020 and was pretty darn good in coverage. Wasn't as good in 2021 before injury, but he would still be an upgrade.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
While I love that EDC likes to bargain shop, he needs to know there are some players off limits, like my darling son, Lamar Jackson. He should've paid him, because not doing so cost Bisciotti millions more.
I don't think The Ravens offered Lamar Jackson a cheap deal. If it's true that Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract then this situation isnt about being a cheap but smart. It just doesn't make sense for any team to offer a player a fully guaranteed contract given how violent the sport is.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know, if he is healthy he'd be an upgrade to our current LB room. Had a good year in 2020 and was pretty darn good in coverage. Wasn't as good in 2021 before injury, but he would still be an upgrade.

if he was healthy and at the level he's been at in the not so distant past, then he immediately fits into the rotation and probably starts stealing snaps from bynes before potentially taking the start from him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think The Ravens offered Lamar Jackson a cheap deal. If it's true that Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract then this situation isnt about being a cheap but smart. It just doesn't make sense for any team to offer a player a fully guaranteed contract given how violent the sport is.
Then why would it make sense for a player to ACCEPT a non guaranteed contract given how violent the sport is?