• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think if the Ravens can, they should try and get Odell to come in when he's ready. I really doubt it will happen, but if you added him to this offense, I believe the offense would be even more lethal. If our defense is routinely going to give up close to or more than 30 points, we gotta score. Imagine having to account for Lamar, Dobbins, Bateman, Andrews, and OBJ. That is probably impossible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Right, but it was a part of the Rams salary cap. That's what that table is showing... QB contracts divided by total salary cap. If you're only counting Stafford, that's incomplete analysis, because it ignores the fact that the Rams had a nearly $25M cap hit for a player that wasn't there.

Like think about the logic behind that "analysis". The argument has always been "you can't pay a QB more than 15% of the cap and win a SB". OK, cool. So you can't pay ONE QB more than 15%, but you can pay TWO QBs almost 25%, and win it.
If people think that's logical, go ahead and die on that hill.
also agree with you that paying QBs 20 to 25% of the cap will become the norm as salaries rise. Also agree, you have to take into account the backup QB or in the Rams case one that has been traded.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Does EDC see this team as capable of winning a SB this year? Does he think their are fillable holes?

How much for Roquan Smith? Lmaooo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Next year is our year

we'll need to figure out lamar's contract obviously

but outside of ben powers there's no offensive starters slated to be free agents this offseason (albeit i imagine if Cleveland takes a step they may say goodbye to Zeitler) and they'll probably need to find a blocking TE, add another talented WR and continue adding to the RB room

defensively we'll have to figure out what we're doing with MP and we'll have to see how Bowser and Ojabo look to finish the season but we'll have to emphasise the LB corps on this team... Queen's fine but he's not hitting his ceiling, Bynes will be 73 years old (and a free agent) and we're relying on JPP and Houston right now at OLB (and Calais a bit too i guess)

we're either going to be needing to find new vets to add to this room, rely on guys in the room already stepping up or we're going to be a lot older and slower next year

hopefully though, we don't go through an injury armageddon again so the offseason isnt so fraught with questions in the same way this one was

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
At this point... call and see what the Bears would want. PQ isn't the guy long term, only issue is he wants a new contract so paying Roqan and Lamar might be tough cap wise.
Cap wise it's impossible.
Correct, Roquan isn't an option based on cap limitations. And that's true short term and long term. We literally can't afford Roquan this year, and it'd be difficult to afford him at market value in future years until Lamar extension gets done.