• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel like I have been on crazy pills for years but I never thought he was that good. He was a bus driver for one of the greatest secondaries ever and then was mediocre, at best, the moment the team tried to make him a focal point.
Russ seems to go on runs pretty much every year where he has like a month straight of great play, everyone hypes him, then he’s back to mediocre, playing poorly in primetime. I still think russ is capable of pulling off a ridiculous comeback after a poor first half, pretty much on any given week, but he’s not consistently the guy that the media has been calling him since 2019 when he started on that 14-0 td:int streak. Don’t think I’ve seen a qb coast on a few improbable comebacks and a 6 week streak of play the way Russell Wilson has

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some one told me Isabella is a great pick up for the Ravens, but to tamper expectations and pretend he was drafted in the 7th rd and not the 2nd lol. I interpret that as he sucks. Heard another podcast compare him to companaro?? Mike was decent when healthy ….

Simba

Staff Member
Some one told me Isabella is a great pick up for the Ravens, but to tamper expectations and pretend he was drafted in the 7th rd and not the 2nd lol. I interpret that as he sucks. Heard another podcast compare him to companaro?? Mike was decent when healthy ….
I don't think they're all that comparable. Isabella has elite level speed but struggles to catch the ball as a whole. He's a pretty small guy so he routinely gets manhandled in press as well. To me, he's more of a guy that can win on his own at times but he's better off getting manufactured touches. He's your stereotypical guy that can beat up on fringe level NFL players but when he has to face the big dogs, he just doesn't stack up.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think they're all that comparable. Isabella has elite level speed but struggles to catch the ball as a whole. He's a pretty small guy so he routinely gets manhandled in press as well. To me, he's more of a guy that can win on his own at times but he's better off getting manufactured touches. He's your stereotypical guy that can beat up on fringe level NFL players but when he has to face the big dogs, he just doesn't stack up.
Are there any realistic trade targets that move the needle at Edge or WR?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

also... and this is completely subjective... he looks silly when he runs

Simba

Staff Member
The bears suck and don't let Fields throw so maybe we could snag Mooney? OBJ is a sign option. EDGE I don't have any idea
I wouldn't even touch pass rusher personally. Think we have such a heavy investment there already... might as well see what you have. You have Bowser and hopefully Ojabo coming back. You have JPP and Houston as rotational vets. You have Oweh who you hope gets back to form once he sheds some of the other responsibilities. Even if Ojabo doesn't make it back until late, you have a pretty stacked depth chart on paper and even in resources, so you kind of have to live and die by those guys.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Isabella is nothing like campanaro lol. He wasn’t fast, Isabella is. Camp probably had better hands and was a better zone beater or hot read type of receiver. Isabella is a legit burner but can’t really do shit else

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sure we can get Kenny Golladay real cheap
Cheap in terms of trade assets. Not cheap in terms of money. Even if you get him close to the trade deadline you'll have to pay him $7-8M the rest of the year.

Unless the Giants eat a ton of the money (like almost all of it), I don't think he's tradeable. He is 100% going to be a FA by March, however.

Simba

Staff Member
Cheap in terms of trade assets. Not cheap in terms of money. Even if you get him close to the trade deadline you'll have to pay him $7-8M the rest of the year.

Unless the Giants eat a ton of the money (like almost all of it), I don't think he's tradeable. He is 100% going to be a FA by March, however.
It was a joke

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
have any of our 4th rnd picks been playing well? To me they havent at all but i know some go off grades and stuff so i wonder what the pff grades have to say?