• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
personally, i think we'll be disappointed in him as a raven. He'll offer something but it wont solve the overall issue with pressure. I expect him to have a down year at 34.
A down year for Campbell on the interior, is statistically more productive than any edge rusher on the ravens since 2014

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
A down year for Campbell on the interior, is statistically more productive than any edge rusher on the ravens since 2014
He needs help though and brandon williams/ chris wormley is not going to cut it. if you get another guy who can take on double teams consistenly then campbell can be very useful.

i wish we never gave b-will that contract. he's a waste of time. and dont get me started with wormley.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
get rid of trash like chris wormley and brandon williams and get at least 1 more 2 way DE thats in his prime that can make his life easier.

Guys like wormley and b will are not good for campbells situation

If Williams is trash then Pierce is trash because both were basically pure run stuffers with minimal pass rushing abilities. Campbell finally gives them an inside pass rush threat which will allow the guys outside to be more dangerous. The only other issue on defense, because they certainly will be top 5 again, separating them from being top 1 is they need to be better against those outside runs that torched them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He needs help though and brandon williams/ chris wormley is not going to cut it. if you get another guy who can take on double teams consistenly then campbell can be very useful.

i wish we never gave b-will that contract. he's a waste of time. and dont get me started with wormley.
campbell plays up and down the line and will be much more fresh considering the rotation that wink uses. I trust Wink to use him properly.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Williams is trash then Pierce is trash because both were basically pure run stuffers with minimal pass rushing abilities. Campbell finally gives them an inside pass rush threat which will allow the guys outside to be more dangerous. The only other issue on defense, because they certainly will be top 5 again, separating them from being top 1 is they need to be better against those outside runs that torched them.

up until last year pierce >B will.

but right now i'd still say pierce > B will because of age

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
im confused what's wrong with this - 6m/yr for a high end backup who's been a decent starter at times in the league - seems like a great move tbh - a bargain even

i suppose when you have cap to throw around

speaking of which? when will we have that? i thought teams with rookie quarterbacks should really be in the uppper half of cap

sick of it TBH

JO_75

Hall of Famer
OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai will sign a $50m five year deal with the Lions.

In March 2017, the Lions paid Wagner a 5 year $47.5M contract to be their new right tackle. Three years later they cut him and once again bring in a Free Agent right tackle but this time for three million more than what they paid Wagner.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

speaking of which? when will we have that? i thought teams with rookie quarterbacks should really be in the uppper half of cap

sick of it TBH

our offseason started in 2019 when we started re-signing players like marcus peters... that's where our cap went - on our own guys - would you have felt better if we signed marcus peters today in stead?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
our offseason started in 2019 when we started re-signing players like marcus peters... that's where our cap went - on our own guys - would you have felt better if we signed marcus peters today in stead?

hey I loved the peters acquisition..my tone changed when we got him.

im just saying the more i think about our 1 big splash (campbell) the less impressed i am with it and our current situation.
the only way this changes is if De Costa nails this draft and i have my doubts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hey I loved the peters acquisition..my tone changed when we got him.

im just saying the more i think about our 1 big splash (campbell) the less impressed i am with it and our current situation.
the only way this changes is if De Costa nails this draft and i have my doubts

i wasnt even saying you didnt like peters - just saying that timing-wise i think you'd feel different about our offseason if the peters deal happened now rather than then - feels like we're not doing much because we already kind of splashed out - it just happened to happen before the offseason started

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

sick of it TBH
We had good players to pay. If we hadn’t extended our good players and decided to disassemble our team and depth to splurge on the open market then we could, but for now we’re just gonna have to keep fielding a good team with good chemistry