• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

hopefully this affects their decision-making at 13...
we can only hope lol

im looking for any evidence that helps one of the top EDGE or CB prospects fall to us

that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this this morning. As I mentioned in the other teams thread, I think it's a fair trade for both teams. Although Whinovich, who I was high on in the 2019 draft didn't have a great year in '21, the two previous seasons were pretty good and Mack Wilson was coming on until his injury last season. Good trade for both teams.

Really hoping the Browns end up drafting a QB.

Last edited:

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
1. TCC and Mekari aren't going to be the only options at Center. A FA or a drafted player will compete there. I'm not convinced Mekari is even an option at Center at the moment.
2. If I have a Tackle room of Moses, Mekari, Stanley, and JuWuan James, I'm feeling pretty good about it. Pretty much every team in the league would. Even if I take a first round tackle, there's no guarantee they'd be better or worse than literally any of those guys.
If I have a line that has Stanley, any of those other three tackles, Zeitler, and a new Center, I'm fine with anybody that plays LG. I don't know if you guys recall, but in 2019 and 2020, we were pretty good, and in neither of those years did we have stud Guard play at both spots.

I'm emphasizing Tackle and Center. We've drafted three guys in the last three years who can play Guard, and one of them is going to have to do it. We don't have the resources to add three new starters on the Oline, all in FA, and still rebuild an aging defense that needs playmakers at every level.

If the concern is we can't replace Stanley if we need to, then you're right, we can't. He's an All-Pro LT who was the 6th pick in the draft. We earned that pick, and we don't have it this year. We can't afford to spend LT money in FA for a guy who may never play LT, and there's no guarantee any Tackle we take in this draft can play LT at even an average level in year 1. I'd call it extremely unlikely, even with the 14th pick.

We need to improve the starter on the right side, and add depth there. That's the mission of the offseason on the Oline.
I agree with you. My original post was to get a swing tackle to start at RT, and a starting center. However they arrive there is what they get paid to figure out.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Browns meeting with Deshaun Watson, he met with officials from the Saints & Panthers yesterday.

I mean I'm probably overreacting to it, but realistically, they're basically publicly announcing "we're done with Baker".

Even if they don't land Watson, which they probably won't, I don't know how you sign an extension there if you're Baker, when your team publicly is talking to a guy they'd have to trade a ton for to upgrade on you.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Myles Jack released

Simba

Staff Member
Todays a great day to not be on social media. Glad I don’t have to see fb comment threads clamoring for Myles jack because once upon a time in 2016 he was a great prospect
Yeah it’s already out there. Nothing more than a name. He hasn’t been “good” in several years now. Really just some flashes in his career but no consistency at all.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Todays a great day to not be on social media. Glad I don’t have to see fb comment threads clamoring for Myles jack because once upon a time in 2016 he was a great prospect

Yeah it’s already out there. Nothing more than a name. He hasn’t been “good” in several years now. Really just some flashes in his career but no consistency at all.
Not mad... just disappointed. That both of you watch enough Jags film to know he sucks.

Simba

Staff Member
Not mad... just disappointed. That both of you watch enough Jags film to know he sucks.
Actually have a friend who is a Jags fan and I’ve been “lucky” enough to watch more of their games over the last couple of years than most people should.

But just to wrap it up… the explosiveness that we saw on occasion early in his career is gone. Teams look like they were right on those knee concerns. Just looks slow to the ball nowadays.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Actually have a friend who is a Jags fan and I’ve been “lucky” enough to watch more of their games over the last couple of years than most people should.

But just to wrap it up… the explosiveness that we saw on occasion early in his career is gone. Teams look like they were right on those knee concerns. Just looks slow to the ball nowadays.
That makes sense. Crazy what happened to him and Smith who were supposed to be easy hits that draft.